Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    He also let Parker drop a trip dub on him.
    Parker is a stud, flat out. But he dropped a triple double and still got outplayed tonight.

vCash
    This isnt a big deal because he did it against the spurs. They play 0 defense

vCash
    It's Melo fault

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cleptopot View Post

Even after last night the Spurs are still a better than 25 other teams defensively. Inclusive of the Knicks. If they don't play any D then NO ONE plays D. You clearly don't know anything about the NBA.

vCash
    Way to go Jeremy......atta boy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cleptopot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Wow I was watching football last night so I didn't see this. That is crazy - this is a good thread who cares if it was one game. Maybe it is Harden I know his role has a lot to do with it but that much? He goes from 4 pts, 4 pts, and 7 pts on about 30% shooting over his last 3 games to 38 points on 52%? It raises some legit questions. We have certainly seen that he is best when he can dominate the ball but why is he so bad off the ball? His shooting has been deplorable throughout the season. Now Harden goes out and he can't miss - including from 3? Start the Harden and Lin can't play together discussion...

vCash
    Coincidence.

vCash
    The problem is that they don't stagger Lin and Harden's minutes enough. I've been saying since the second week of the season that they need to stagger their minutes so that Lin can control the offense when Harden isn't on the floor and vice versa. Also, they need to let Lin control the ball a little more offensively when Harden is in the lineup. Clearly Harden is a superior player off the ball than Lin is.

There is too much talent on the backcourt for the coaching staff to not figure this out and maximize their potential. But clearly last night showed that last season's Linsanity wasn't completely a fluke and that the kid has talent. Fortunately, they have three years to figure it out, but I'd like to see a significant improvement by the end of the season.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Lin needs the ball to be effective, Dantoni gave it to him last year with Melo out, and with Harden out he had it again.

He is not an off the ball player, not a spot up shooter, and doesn't move well without the ball.

He could put up great numbers regularly if a coach gave it to him, but that would probably mean not such a great team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Tony Parker is a great player. Parker dropped 27 on him, Lin dropped 34.
    A great player who notched his FIRST trip-dub last night. Chew on that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    Lin needs the ball to be effective, Dantoni gave it to him last year with Melo out, and with Harden out he had it again.

He is not an off the ball player, not a spot up shooter, and doesn't move well without the ball.

He could put up great numbers regularly if a coach gave it to him, but that would probably mean not such a great team.
    I agree with this. For Lin and Harden to coexist, both guys have to learn to be effective when the other guy has the ball in his hands. Harden can. Lin can't at this point. Lin has to seriously work on his jump shot to improve his game as a spot up shooter and coaches need to teach him how to move better without the ball in his hands.

There have been glimpses of them working well together, though. And I do think it's possible, but it's going to take time to develop chemistry together. They're still only 24 years old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    Wow I was watching football last night so I didn't see this. That is crazy - this is a good thread who cares if it was one game. Maybe it is Harden I know his role has a lot to do with it but that much? He goes from 4 pts, 4 pts, and 7 pts on about 30% shooting over his last 3 games to 38 points on 52%? It raises some legit questions. We have certainly seen that he is best when he can dominate the ball but why is he so bad off the ball? His shooting has been deplorable throughout the season. Now Harden goes out and he can't miss - including from 3? Start the Harden and Lin can't play together discussion...
    His coaches have said that Lin is best when he's given the freedom to do his thing, IE that he's best when the ball is in his hands and he's able to get into a rhythm.

The statistics last season bear this out. He was a mediocre catch and shoot player, but an excellent PnR and Isolation player, and his scoring off the dribble was fantastic all last season.

Lin isn't a player that you can drop into a game and expect to get great results as a spot up shooter. However, give him the ball and he finds his rhythm.

This is from an article in July.

JUMPERS OFF THE DRIBBLE

Despite shooting just 33 percent on catch-and-shoot jumpers last season, Lin shot 48 percent on jumpers off the dribble.

Highest FG pct on Jumpers off the Dribble

Minimum 90 FGA Last Season

Stephen Curry 52.9
    Steve Nash 48.5
    Jeremy Lin 47.9
    Gary Neal 46.6
    Delonte West 46.2
    Felton: 32.7 FG percentage
    (85th of 102 players)

Of the 102 players who attempted at least 90 jumpers off the dribble, only Stephen Curry and Steve Nash shot a higher field goal percentage than Lin.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...nicks-lin-sane

I think the main problem is that Harden has been playing the PG Role. Harden is the primary scorer, but not letting Lin get into his rhythm as the point guard basically plays into his weaknesses.

It's no better than asking Melo to shoot spot up 3's all game, or Dirk Nowitzki to play a fast transition game, or asking Novak to do dribble drives and kicks. Sure, you might be able to get them to do it, but the results won't be what you want.

On an interesting side note, Lin's box score was 38 points and 7 assists, identical to the Lakers game. He played 42 minutes (39 in the Lakers game).

It got me wondering... how many players as young as Lin have put up a similar box score, let alone TWICE playing similar minutes.

The results were fascinating.

Since 1980-81, ages 18-24, playing 45 or fewer minutes...

There are 28 guards who scored 38/7 at least ONCE.
    There are 11 guards who scored 38/7 at least TWICE.

Gilbert Arenas
    Kobe Bryant
    Ricky Davis
    Allen Iverson
    Kevin Johnson
    Michael Jordan
    Stephon Marbury
    Chris Paul
    Derrick Rose
    Dwyane Wade
    Russell Westbrook

To see if I was cherry picking, I further reduced the bar to 35 points and 5 assists. This expanded the list to a total of 15 guards since 1980-81 aside from Jeremy Lin.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

Expanding the list to ALL positions, the list increases to 54 players of ANY position since 1980-1981.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...order_by_asc=Y

And just for kicks, the TOTAL number of players of ANY position that have put up 38/7 *twice* or more since 1980-81 for ALL positions Regardless of age with 45 or fewer minutes played?

33 players since 1980-81, not including Jeremy Lin.

What do these fascinating stats say about Jeremy Lin? I have No idea, other than history bears out that it's REALLY hard to put up those kinds of numbers for Two different games, even over an entire career, regardless of position, regardless of age.

45 starts. 84 career games.

I still have no idea how good Jeremy Lin will be, but by the time it's all said and done I'll bet dollars to donuts it won't be just *average*.

vCash
    its the same issue he had with melo harden needs the ball in his hands. Its the same issue coward and wade have when one has the ball in the halfcourt offense the other is not much of a factor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    its the same issue he had with melo harden needs the ball in his hands. Its the same issue coward and wade have when one has the ball in the halfcourt offense the other is not much of a factor
    It's official. You can't go a single post without insulting Lebron James. You even bring him up in a thread about two completely unrelated teams.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast