Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clippers

5 45.45%
  • Bulls

6 54.55%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

12/11 | Clippers @ Bulls - (L, Do you like Hubie Lewis and the News?)

.._______________
    (14-6)________________(11-8)

.@

Time: 8:30 PM CT
    Channel: ESPN
    Radio: ESPN 1000

The Los Angeles Clippers have won six in a row as they continue to get a boost from one of the best benches in the NBA.

While the Chicago Bulls don't figure to reach their full potential until Derrick Rose comes back, they've also gotten hot of late.

Having enjoyed lots of recent success in Chicago, the Clippers try for their first seven-game run in 21 seasons Tuesday night when they face the Bulls, winners of a season-best three in a row.

Los Angeles (14-6) has outscored opponents by an average of 16.8 points in its second six-game win streak of the season. The Clippers, who last took seven straight during a team-record eight-game run in 1991-92, cruised past Toronto 102-83 on Sunday.

Los Angeles held the Raptors to 39.0 percent shooting overall and 10 points in the fourth quarter, allowing one field goal over the final nine minutes.

"That's all defense," guard Jamal Crawford said after scoring 16 points off the bench. "Whenever you get a team stagnant and they can't score, it's defense."

The Clippers, who rested starters Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and Willie Green for the entire fourth quarter and Caron Butler for all but 1:36, continue to rely heavily on their reserves. Los Angeles is getting 41.8 points off the bench to rank near the top of the league and is 11-0 when its reserves score at least 41.

"As long as I've been in the league, through 20 games I've never played this least amount of minutes," Paul said. "I should have no arguments about being tired. I'm also enjoying cheering on guys out there playing. We like to see each other succeed."

Los Angeles surely likes its chances to keep doing that in Chicago (11-8), where it's taken nine of 11. The Clippers also beat the Bulls 101-80 at home Nov. 17, outscoring Chicago 53-25 off the bench.

The Bulls, though, have won five of six while limiting foes to 86.7 points per contest in that stretch. They shut down a New York team that was without Carmelo Anthony in a 93-85 victory Saturday, limiting the Knicks to a season-worst 32.1 percent shooting and outrebounded them 47-40.

"It takes awhile for a team to understand how hard we have to play. I think we're getting there," forward Luol Deng told the Bulls' official website after scoring 22 points. "I'm not saying we've figured it out and got it down, but we were a lot better tonight than we were at the beginning of the season.

"As long as we continue to do what we are doing, we're going to get better as the season goes on."

With Rose working his way back from a torn ACL and Richard Hamilton out with a foot injury, Marco Belinelli has stepped up to average 20.3 points over the last three games -- significantly higher than his season mark of 7.6. He scored 22 in his fourth straight start Saturday.

"This is not my first year in the league," Belinelli said. "This is my sixth year. I don't want to be just a 3-point shooter. I want to be a complete guy. (Saturday) we played offense and defense, rebound, ran. That's the way we have to play."

The Bulls could also be without starting point guard Kirk Hinrich on Tuesday due to an injured left elbow. He's listed as day-to-day.

Code:
                    Chris Paul                          Kirk Hinrich

vCash
    ****ing work

vCash
    Kirk Hinrich (elbow) will play on Tuesday against the Clippers.

Hinrich was listed as day-to-day with his elbow injury, and we suspected the issue was rather minor. He missed the second half of his previous game with the injury, but he participated in practice and should start on Tuesday. Nate Robinson will go back to the bench. Dec 10 - 1:51 PM
    roto

vCash
    Revenge for that *** whopping they gave us.

vCash
    Kirk has the key to this. He needs to have an "A-Game" against CP3. Blake and Jordan can't create their own shots.

vCash
    Well they better win I will be their in person so impress me my Bulls!

vCash
    Even though we're on a 3 game winning streak and Marco has been kicking some *** on the court in our 3 game winning streak we still need a win to prove that our winning is legit and Marco is actually improving.

BULLS ZORD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    Blake and Jordan can't create their own shots.
    This is not true, especially for Blake.

Clippers are rollig right now, I dont think this game will be close.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    So was NYK... even w/o Melo they beat the Heat. But of course you believe that being a "Bulls" fan.

vCash
    The key matchup is clearly Vinny's hair

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    The key matchup is clearly Vinny's hair
    Vinny clearly wins the superior hair battle. Add to that he's rumored to have finally figured out Kirk's name so the Clippers may be prepared for his play.

If a notecard is pulled from a jacket pocket, the Bulls are screwed. If Vinny is reading from a printout or some other laminated gameplan - the Bulls have a chance.
    Last edited by TopsyTurvy; 12-11-2012 at 05:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    Kirk has the key to this. He needs to have an "A-Game" against CP3. Blake and Jordan can't create their own shots.
    haven't watched much of blake or dj this year im guessing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    Vinny clearly wins the superior hair battle. Add to that he's rumored to have finally figured out Kirk's name so the Clippers may be prepared for his play.

If a notecard from a jacket pocket, the Bulls are screwed. If Vinny is reading from a printout or some other laminated gameplan - the Bulls have a chance.
    haha. awesome post

vCash
    Where is lghost? What company is bringing us the keys to the game?

vCash
    I probably won't be around tonight... I'll be watching, and probably make a few brief appearances... But I gotta study for finals tomorrow

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast