Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Senator: CIA Improperly Searched Computer Network

WASHINGTON (AP) The head of the Senate Intelligence Committee says the CIA improperly searched a stand-alone computer network established for Congress as part of its investigation into allegations of CIA abuse in a Bush-era detention and interrogation program.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California defended her committee's work and challenged the CIA on Tuesday as she sought to set the record straight amid various reports of disputes between Congress and the agency.

The California Democrat said the CIA searched the network this past January.

At issue is whether the CIA violated an agreement made with the committee about monitoring the panel's use of CIA computers. The CIA provided the computers to congressional staffers in a secure room at its headquarters so that the committee could review millions of pages of top secret documents.

Link: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/senat...mputer-network

This is some pretty serious accusations.

vCash
    **** happens when you let surveillence almost go unchecked

vCash
    I don't know much about this situation but I'm shocked that she's shocked. A spy organization gives you a computer to check on their activities and they check on you using it. Why am I surprised by that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't know much about this situation but I'm shocked that she's shocked. A spy organization gives you a computer to check on their activities and they check on you using it. Why am I surprised by that?
    This.

I guess I don't get what the concern is here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Excellent point.