Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvikingfan View Post
    Jerome Felton is a stud. He may not be a known player by all the fans, but I think he is one of the reasons that AP is able to run even with 9 guys in the box.

Hats off to Felton.
    Without a doubt did you see that block he threw on APs TD run. Has anyone seen anything on how Cook has been practicing and his status for Houston.
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    Can't come back until the GB game.

vCash
    Normally, I wouldn't say this in fear of a jinx. However, I don't believe in jinxes from this point going forward. Earlier before the season (and before I passed over Peterson in the draft) I had a football argument at work. My coworker claimed he knew more about football than I do. Therefore, we engaged in NFL trivia. One of his questions was...who holds the single season record for rushing? A rather easy question and of course I answered Dickerson. Later that season after AP destroyed me along w/ CJ and Martin in fantasy. The same guy said to me "Ap might break 2000 yards this season" This was around week 9 or so. Regardless, I just thought it was ironic that this season AP WILL BREAK THE RECORD and I will be answering that trivia question differently next time a chump asks me that question in the future.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Cook is eligible to come back by next week.

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Yeah just checked he can come back against Houston. Could be huge for us.

vCash
    If we make the playoffs would Percy be able to come back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFanatic13 View Post
    If we make the playoffs would Percy be able to come back?
    Nope. Percy is gone for the season. I forget the rules off hand but with the new "IR-Designated for Return" they player has to be out X number of weeks, for Percy that wouldn't be until after the Super Bowl anyways, so it wouldn't have mattered that we already used the DFR on Cook.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Dam when Cook comes back we have Winfield, Cook, Jefferson and Robinson that's pretty good teaming up with Smith back there

If our front 7 can play a good game we can win this next one (not tryna jinx anything )

vCash
    Not only can Harvin not play the rest of this year, I would not be surprised if he's gone forever. He doesn't want to be a Viking and his character issues are getting harder for our caliber of coaches to manage. It may be that the most we get from him is cash and draft picks for a punter and WR.

vCash
    It was nice to see the WR's actually make some nice grabs today. Ponder threw some hot ones in there but they kept catching them all day. Nice overall performance by the Vikes. Lets shock the world and beat those Texans.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Chris Cook - DB - Vikings

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier is hopeful that CB Chris Cook (broken arm) will be healthy enough to play in Week 16 against the Texans.
    Cook is Minnesota's best outside cover corner when healthy. He's been on the injured reserve/designated for return list since late October. "Our goal is to try to get him up if he shows that he’s ready for that," Frazier said Monday.
    rotoworld

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debpasc View Post
    Not only can Harvin not play the rest of this year, I would not be surprised if he's gone forever. He doesn't want to be a Viking and his character issues are getting harder for our caliber of coaches to manage. It may be that the most we get from him is cash and draft picks for a punter and WR.
    I'd love to know where you got this nugget of information.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I came to this opinion (maybe right, maybe not) because of his antics before training camp -- he wanted to be traded, etc etc. Then they came to some kind of decision -- it seems involving his desire to have more touches and return punts. They let him and here we are -- couldn't last the season. There is also something odd about the whole ankle thing and the reluctance to talk about it. He was the only one falling for Randy Moss' big man act in the locker room. So, when I put all this together, his committment to this team doesn't seem to be there. If they meet his demands again, there will be another set soon to follow and more unhappiness. I don't think I am the only one that has opined that his days in purple and gold are over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debpasc View Post
    I came to this opinion (maybe right, maybe not) because of his antics before training camp -- he wanted to be traded, etc etc. Then they came to some kind of decision -- it seems involving his desire to have more touches and return punts. They let him and here we are -- couldn't last the season. There is also something odd about the whole ankle thing and the reluctance to talk about it. He was the only one falling for Randy Moss' big man act in the locker room. So, when I put all this together, his committment to this team doesn't seem to be there. If they meet his demands again, there will be another set soon to follow and more unhappiness. I don't think I am the only one that has opined that his days in purple and gold are over.
    "I don't THINK Harvin wants to be a Viking." is not the same thing as "Harvin doesn't want to be a Viking." Your opinion is not fact (neither is mine or anybody else's) and should not be stated as such. What is a fact is that Harvin has publicly reaffirmed his commitment to this team several times, and since his issues in August and his more recent injury. Weather you choose to believe it or not is your own choice. Also Percy has never returned a punt in his professional career, weather he's wanted to or not they haven't let him and that's not likely to change.

The conclusion I draw from what happened when Harvin demanded a trade in the pre-season (drawn mainly from what Harvin himself said during and after) was that he was not satisfied with the amount of play-time he was receiving in 2011 and did not know what his role was on this team. (Its not very hard to argue that Harvin was vastly underused in 2011) Judging from what he and Frazier said afterwords, and how the seasons started (Harvin putting up career numbers and leading the NFL in catches), their differences were worked out. Harvin should be paid more money than he is getting but I don't think for a second that $$ had anything to do with his trade demand and obviously he kept playing under his rookie deal and showed no problems with doing so.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425