Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Scoreboard watching

We are in the playoff hunt, and it may be fun to keep track of the scenarios that will help us on a weekly basis.

Here is what we should be watching for week 15. This scenario would put us at #6 in the playoffs.

We need to beat Rams
    GB needs to beat CHI
    Buffalo needs to beat Seattle
    Atlanta needs to beat Giants
    Pitt needs to beat Dallas
    Cleveland needs to beat Washington

Scenarios will be updated on a weekly basis until we are mathematically in the playoffs, or mathematically eliminated.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 12-13-2012 at 12:27 AM.

vCash
    The big ones are Washington and Seattle. God damnit why did we lose to them
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    Mobile qbs

vCash
    Good idea. We are going to need a few upsets

vCash
    Oh man was I scoreboard watching last week. I've got the Sunday Ticket and they have a Game Mix channel (8 games at once) that I was watching during commercial. At one point all of the teams that we needed to lose were losing in the 4Q. Luckily we got TB out of the way now we just need to get a win and at least 1 more team in front to lost. Can't expect it to happen in 1 week so baby steps. Honestly with our tie breaker situation I think we almost need to win out to have a good shot. A loss this weekend will realistically knock us out even though not mathematically.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    If GB wins this week they will most likely be resting people at some point in our last game. Houston is already in but playing for their division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    If GB wins this week they will most likely be resting people at some point in our last game. Houston is already in but playing for their division.
    Unfortunately Houston's loss to NE is going to make their game against us all that more important. Being able to take the AFC playoffs through Houston is going to be a big deal for them and the earliest they will be able to clinch the #1 seed is against us. I also wouldn't count out the Colts beating them this weekend making the game do or die for both Houston and us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    We are in the playoff hunt, and it may be fun to keep track of the scenarios that will help us on a weekly basis.

Here is what we should be watching for week 15. This scenario would put us at #6 in the playoffs.

We need to beat Rams
    GB needs to beat CHI
    Buffalo needs to beat Seattle
    Atlanta needs to beat Giants
    Pitt needs to beat Dallas
    Cleveland needs to beat Washington

Scenarios will be updated on a weekly basis until we are mathematically in the playoffs, or mathematically eliminated.
    The Seattle game actually doesn't matter in this context. Dallas and Wash hold tiebreakers against us, so we need each to lose a game over the next three weeks (they play each other the last weekend--hoping for a tie). Seattle can win out and we could still get the #6 seed. If Chicago loses to either GB or DET, we would hold the tiebreaker over them based on division record. Seattle needs to lose 2 of their next 3 for us to have a chance of leap-frogging them.
    Over the next three weeks I am going to be a Pittsburgh, NO (ouch), Cleveland, Buffalo, and SF fan. Hope the football gods reward AP for his absolute dominance and help out.

vCash
    many of us would have been quite happy, as the season began, to hear we're 7-6 at this point............but the what ifs are annoying...

we easily could and should have had the Colts, Skins, and Seahawks games...Packers, too, for that matter...........if we had 2 of those, we'd be leading or tied for the division lead at 9-4
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hpmott View Post
    The Seattle game actually doesn't matter in this context. Dallas and Wash hold tiebreakers against us, so we need each to lose a game over the next three weeks (they play each other the last weekend--hoping for a tie). Seattle can win out and we could still get the #6 seed. If Chicago loses to either GB or DET, we would hold the tiebreaker over them based on division record. Seattle needs to lose 2 of their next 3 for us to have a chance of leap-frogging them.
    Over the next three weeks I am going to be a Pittsburgh, NO (ouch), Cleveland, Buffalo, and SF fan. Hope the football gods reward AP for his absolute dominance and help out.
    week to week basis...

vCash
    good thing i have nfl sunday ticket lol, and seattle is going to make the playoffs hands down, if anything the redskins and cowboys lose and the bears as well, if the vikings win than they move into the 6 seed for the week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    week to week basis...
    Fair enough. Still, the result of the Seattle game doesn't affect the Vikings standings this week. Still want them to lose so the vikes have a chance at the #5 seed.
    What are your thoughts on the Packers losing to the Bears so the Vikings still have a shot at winning the division? I know they would need A LOT of help, but at this point, mathematically, they can still win the division.

vCash
    I will root for some help this weekend.......................however I cannot sell my soul and root for the fudge packers under any circumstances. I am still hoping Green Gay misses the playoffs. That is almost as good as the Vikings making the playoffs. If the Vikings win out we will be in I predict.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks8941 View Post
    I will root for some help this weekend.......................however I cannot sell my soul and root for the fudge packers under any circumstances. I am still hoping Green Gay misses the playoffs. That is almost as good as the Vikings making the playoffs. If the Vikings win out we will be in I predict.
    really? you wouldnt be happy with them beating the bears this weekend? cant you at least cheer for the bears to lose? it wouldnt really be cheering for the packers.

vCash
    If dallas wins right now we will be the 6th seed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast