Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Ex-Giant News: Jacobs Suspended

Say what ya want.....I love this guy.

Brandon Jacobs suspended for rest of regular season after saying he's ‘rotting away’ with San Francisco 49ers

Ex-Giants running back takes to social media to vent about frustrations in San Francisco. In recent days, he posted a series of photos of himself playing for the Giants — and even a picture of his two Super Bowl championship rings, side by side.

Published: Monday, December 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
    Updated: Monday, December 10, 2012, 6:00 PM.

Brandon Jacobs will finish the season with just five carries for seven yards for San Francisco.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. — The San Francisco 49ers suspended running back Brandon Jacobs on Monday for the final three games following a series of posts on social media sites addressing his lack of playing time, including one during the weekend saying he was "on this team rotting away."

The 49ers made the announcement about two hours after coach Jim Harbaugh's news conference, but provided no explanation for why Jacobs had been disciplined. It is doubtful he would return for the playoffs.

Harbaugh declined to address Jacobs' comments, even when asked whether Jacobs was still on the team. He said he was invoking his "fifth amendment" right.

The 30-year-old Jacobs has five carries for 7 yards while playing in only two games with the NFC West-leading Niners (9-3-1). He spent his first seven NFL seasons with the New York Giants and has called this his "worst" year — though he knew he was joining a crowded backfield that features three-time Pro Bowler Frank Gore as one of the faces of the franchise.

In recent days, he posted a series of photos of himself playing for the Giants — and even a picture of his two Super Bowl championship rings, side by side.

"I am on this team rotting away so why would I wanna put any pics up of anything that say niners," Jacobs said in an Instagram post Saturday. "This is by far the worst year I ever had, I'll tell you like I told plenty others."

On Twitter later, Jacobs said: "I don't understand why people are angry at me because I wanna do what I am paid to do, I am a competitive person, I think people should be mad if I didn't wanna play. ... As for all of my Instagram photos I don't have any niner pics, if you'll find me some pics I'll put them up."

Jacobs, hampered by a left knee injury earlier this season, spends approximately 20 minutes before games punching the goal-post padding. He has said it is his way of dealing with the situation.

Last month, Jacobs posted advice on Twitter with a reference to never working "in a place where you hate your boss so much, you should always be happy at work" with a hash tag of "YouLiveAndYouLearn."

His post came the same day Harbaugh was hospitalized for a minor procedure for an irregular heartbeat.

Jacobs then said people shouldn't "assume" his remarks were football-related, then followed up with more tweets — including one reading "football is not my life, people" and another saying, "Have you ever been in a spot and you wonder why are you there."

Later, he posted that his tweets referred to his brother's boss, who makes "him feel like he is the best thing since slice bread but when the budget is shot he is the first one get laid off, same with two other people I know."

Jacobs ran for 571 yards and seven touchdowns last season with New York as a backup to Ahmad Bradshaw. He is the fourth-leading rusher in franchise history with 4,849 yards, but saw his role diminish with the emergence of Bradshaw and became increasingly disgruntled.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2EhKcn0k7

vCash
    I also saw a link..on twitter. That jacobs said he will only play for one team now.

New york giants.

Not sure if they'd take him back, or if they even have a spot for him at the end of this year.

vCash
    Please take him back <3

Bradshaw is always banged up and having Jacobs and Wilson could keep him fresh

vCash
    That's Jacobs.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer coach.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Can they just let him go so we can have him back? Bradshaw is so banged up and we need a guy to carry the load. Still have faith in Jacobs!

vCash
    lol they suspended him and didnt cut him beacuse they knew we would pick him up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Can they just let him go so we can have him back?
    That's exactly why they suspended him.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    lol they suspended him and didnt cut him beacuse they knew we would pick him up

vCash
    Should not have been cut

But were just fine...

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Correct me if im wrong but when Jacobs file for greviance ...he can be released and at that time he can sign with another team?

We could use him right about now.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    That's exactly why they suspended him.

That's just pathetic man, just let the player go so he can play elsewhere..

Honestly it's classless..

vCash
    I would have taken him back, but he would be our 3rd back anyway.

It would be nice to have the depth though.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I would have taken him back, but he would be our 3rd back anyway.

It would be nice to have the depth though.
    Well now there's something wrong with Bradshaw's knee.. As much as I like Wilson he is not physically or mentally ready to carry the load.. Jacobs would be huge for us right now, OBVIOUSLY knows the offense and could really allow us to rest and save Bradshaw..

Don't matter though, SF is being classless about it so he'll just be stuck there..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    That's just pathetic man, just let the player go so he can play elsewhere..

Honestly it's classless..
    It's San Fran. One of the most classless teams in the NFL, what do you expect? This is the team who's fans tried saying Jacobs turned the playbook over to the Giants after they got stomped out by the Giants in Week 6. The same team who's TE Vernon Davis planned his Superbowl party last year and now hasn't done ANYTHING all year. Bennet has better numbers now. Biggest joke of a team over there.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue56857 View Post
    It's San Fran. One of the most classless teams in the NFL, what do you expect? This is the team who's fans tried saying Jacobs turned the playbook over to the Giants after they got stomped out by the Giants in Week 6. The same team who's TE Vernon Davis planned his Superbowl party last year and now hasn't done ANYTHING all year. Bennet has better numbers now. Biggest joke of a team over there.
    Yeah what an idiot....win or lose.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    love him and i'd take him back, but he does act childish and he's paying for it. i see nothing wrong with the way its being handled. not "classless" at all. jacobs is immature. treat kids like kids. he's getting his timeout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast