vCash

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Hahaha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    GGU has one of the best law programs in the country..i dont see how it wouldnt help.
    GGU isn't even top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Agreed on the nothing less than college part. Although I wouldn't mind teaching high schoolers what really happened in history I couldn't deal with em.

You should check out the website they actually have some cool stuff... Just mad expensive. It's called tipsyelf
    Damn 65 bucks lol
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Get an MBA if you're not sure. But make sure u go to a good top 50 school. It makes a difference.

If you can, I would go to a school that has a joint program for business and law

but is a 2nd tier school that could offer you a partial or full scholarship like the University of Miami, Fordham, Syracuse, or somewhere like that.
    That's what I think I'm going to do. I might work a couple of years after graduating and then do MBA, I know I am going to pick up either an MBA or a JD just have to decide which one. Parents/family are pushin hard for me to get the JD.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbnen#31 View Post
    Pretty much. Although I'm wondering how it works if you are logged on to your account on your phone and then disabled your internet. It would keep you logged in but you wouldn't be able to use the internet for anything else on your phone lol.
    I wonder if multiple people can use the same account

vCash
    im sure its possible to share, just make separate playlists

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESaady View Post
    GGU isn't even top 100.

Damn 65 bucks lol

That's what I think I'm going to do. I might work a couple of years after graduating and then do MBA, I know I am going to pick up either an MBA or a JD just have to decide which one. Parents/family are pushin hard for me to get the JD.

Yea mixed with very little overhead and the fact that all that is prob from china means they've been doing well. It will be interesting to see if they just stick with their niche market place and dot fool with a good thing or try and expand it.

vCash
    GGU isn't even top 100.

Damn 65 bucks lol

Your parents are smart. A JD is an instant status symbol of sorts bu so is an MBA

she says go for the championship

vCash
    My parents both have MBAs but we don't have a lawyer in the family...so basically I'm the next cat in line haha.

vCash
    GGU isn't even top 100.

Damn 65 bucks lol

you will probably have to go through this. My brother went to Cal ( Haas School of Business ) and then got a job at a venture capital firm to gain experience before he applied for MBA.

He's currently going through the applications and is pissed off since Wharton and Harvard rejected him.

vCash
    Agreed on the nothing less than college part. Although I wouldn't mind teaching high schoolers what really happened in history I couldn't deal with em.

You should check out the website they actually have some cool stuff... Just mad expensive. It's called tipsyelf
    I'm literally looking at doing the same thing right now. Where did/are you going to school? I graduated in June with a political science degree and went through college planning on going to law school. I still have a month to decided, but I'm leaning towards going to USF and getting a masters in teaching/teaching credential to teach high school/coach baseball. The money actually gets pretty good once you get tenured (especially in Marin county) which is where I'm from. It's also way cheaper as 3 years of law school is about 125,000 while the masters program is about 35,000.

Political science... Wanted to go law but a 3.0 isnt good enough and law school is too expensive so idk what I'm gonna do with it now. What about you?
    You can get in with a 3.0, as long as you still do decent on the LSAT. The whole thing about getting in a top tier law school is pretty overrated. As long as you finish high in your class wherever you go, and then pass the bar. You might not get in to the top firms, but honestly I wouldn't have any interest in working for a top firm if I decide to go the law route. Working 50-60 hour weeks at times with an inflated market for lawyers seeking jobs doesn't sound very appealing. I would much rather work for a smaller firm, and even schools like GGU work out pretty well. Check out bar pass/employment rates for graduates, GGU competes with the so called "top tier" schools pretty well. Although I would probably rather go to USF than GGU for law school.

Finance. Thinking about law (corporate,contract crap like that) as well, I have a 3.5 gpa, but like you said law is expensive and that gpa isn't gonna get me into a top law school. I have a pretty solid internship in that it looks amazing on my resume so I might just get an MBA and hopefully open up my own consulting firm.
    As I said earlier in this post, getting into a top tier law school is overrated depending on what kind of law you want to do. I would prefer to do intellectual property, but I guess a top tier school could be more important if you are shooting for a job that incorporates your business background.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Meh. Gotta put my big boy pants on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robbnen#31 View Post
    I'm literally looking at doing the same thing right now. Where did/are you going to school? I graduated in June with a political science degree and went through college planning on going to law school. I still have a month to decided, but I'm leaning towards going to USF and getting a masters in teaching/teaching credential to teach high school/coach baseball. The money actually gets pretty good once you get tenured (especially in Marin county) which is where I'm from. It's also way cheaper as 3 years of law school is about 125,000 while the masters program is about 35,000.

You can get in with a 3.0, as long as you still do decent on the LSAT. The whole thing about getting in a top tier law school is pretty overrated. As long as you finish high in your class wherever you go, and then pass the bar. You might not get in to the top firms, but honestly I wouldn't have any interest in working for a top firm if I decide to go the law route. Working 50-60 hour weeks at times with an inflated market for lawyers seeking jobs doesn't sound very appealing. I would much rather work for a smaller firm, and even schools like GGU work out pretty well. Check out bar pass/employment rates for graduates, GGU competes with the so called "top tier" schools pretty well. Although I would probably rather go to USF than GGU for law school.

As I said earlier in this post, getting into a top tier law school is overrated depending on what kind of law you want to do. I would prefer to do intellectual property, but I guess a top tier school could be more important if you are shooting for a job that incorp rates your business background.
    I am at csusm it is a growing cal state that will soon be the flag ship of the state schools. not my words words of a teacher from chico. my school actually has a really good teaching credential program; you should check it out. if you would rather do online pm me and ill get you some info from my friends dad. he teaches teachers via online course. we were just talking about it two weekends ago.

as far as law school I know my dad is lawyer and went to Golden Gate Univestiy, School of Law. (Private) just mad expensive now compared to then and cant afford it without loans. id prob go public like him tho so top law firm would be less important. he wants to redefine how the LSAT and bar is studied for so that would be interesting. also my really good friends mom is a lawyer for pg&e and told me should help me out if still interested.

as for the type of law ive always enjoyed talking in front of people and good with taking info in stride and processing it and using it so id love to be in a court. but priorities have shifted a little bit in the last couple of months so I am re-examining what route I will take. like your idea of high school teacher/ soccer coach for me.

... sorry if post is a little over the place... on mad addys/ energy drinks studying for finals

vCash
    ****, one final away from a 6 week break and I don't want to study. **** YOU WORLD

vCash
    x2

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast