Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Warriors Possibly Interested In Rudy Gay

Golden State Warriors: They’ve long coveted Gay, according to several sources, but they lack a single appealing and tradeable large salary in order to make a deal work. They’re in almost the identical cap situation as Boston — a bit over the tax line, and prohibited from going over the $74.3 million payroll mark after using most of the mid-level exception on Carl Landry.
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/golden_state_warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    I'd rather keep Barnes than Thompson

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bjfhnn7

PG: Curry-Jack
    SG: Thompson-Bazemore
    SF: Gay-Green
    PF: Lee-Landry-Tyler
    C: Bogut-Biedrins-Ezeli

I'm not sure I would make that deal, but it's one scenario that works salary wise.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lincecum=future View Post
    I'd rather keep Barnes than Thompson
    And have Barnes play Shooting Guard? I'm not sure if he could. He doesn't have a consistent jumper, and the spacing on the floor would be pretty bad with him playing alongside Rudy Gay.

vCash
    Barnes can play shooting guard. He's also a very good rebounder.

IMO, he does more to help this team than Klay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    Barnes can play shooting guard. He's also a very good rebounder.
    How do you figure that? Thompson is a much better fit playing with Gay then Barnes is.

vCash
    And have Barnes play Shooting Guard? I'm not sure if he could. He doesn't have a consistent jumper, and the spacing on the floor would be pretty bad with him playing alongside Rudy Gay.
    my guess is that memphis would want barnes... they might actually want both if they were taking back a bad contract as well.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    my guess is that memphis would want barnes... they might actually want both if they were taking back a bad contract as well.
    Have you seen Gay's contract itself? No way in hell would they get Barnes and Thompson.

vCash
    How do you figure that? Thompson is a much better fit playing with Gay then Barnes is.
    Klay hasn't shown anything other than spot up shooting.

Barnes is a better rebounder and can dunk. Was known for defense at NC.

Barnes also has better fg percent and pretty much identical 3 point percentage.

The only thing I really see better in Klay is free throw percentage which is significantly better.

vCash
    Have you seen Gay's contract itself? No way in hell would they get Barnes and Thompson.
    IM not saying i would do it.... but gay has a different type of bad contract. Jefferson and beidrins are one type of bad contract (basically throwing a good size contract away and getting close to zero value)

Gay and Lee also have bad contracts... but they are still both very good players. If you have to choose between overpaying one of your top players or overpaying a player who you wouldnt notice if he was released..... most gms would rather go into luxury tax paying very good players superstar money.... than paying horrible players all star money.

vCash

The only thing I really see better in Klay is free throw percentage which is significantly better.
    He's in his second season? Not to many players are as polished as Thompson is in their second season. His three point field goal percentage is roughly the same because he takes more three's than Barnes. And how do you expect to win with Barnes playing Shooting Guard? He can't stretch the defense. Teams would collapse the lane whenever someone drives the ball, and dare either Barnes or Gay to take a three. With Thompson they couldn't do that.

vCash

ummmm the issue isnt whether barnes is better than klay or not. (I for one would take barnes over klay)....but rudy gay can replace everything barnes gives us... basically rudy gay is what we hope barnes might become in 2 or 3 yrs. I think memphis would want barnes.... and thats what really matters here. I dont see this trade happening as long as both teams are doing well though.

vCash
    He's in his second season? Not to many players are as polished as Thompson is in their second season. His three point field goal percentage is roughly the same because he takes more three's than Barnes. And how do you expect to win with Barnes playing Shooting Guard? He can't stretch the defense. Teams would collapse the lane whenever someone drives the ball, and dare either Barnes or Gay to take a three. With Thompson they couldn't do that.
    doesnt matter... memphis would want barnes, and thats what matters. considering the warriors would be getting the best player in this deal- memphis can ask for whatever they want, and theyd want barnes to replace rudy gay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    doesnt matter... memphis would want barnes, and thats what matters. considering the warriors would be getting the best player in this deal- memphis can ask for whatever they want, and theyd want barnes to replace rudy gay.
    That might not necessarily be true. I would assume they prefer Barnes, but they have no shooters and Klay would be a great fit with Z-Bo and Gasol. Its not like they have a long term solution at SG either.

vCash
    Exactly. Couldn't of said it better myself.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast