Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    this could possibly be the end of the patriots dominance if that happened
    More than a few people told Kraft that he was making a titanic mistake in hiring BB based on his time in Cleveland... How'd that work out? Some people take time to mature and gain wisdom. McDaniels is a very bright guy, but he may well not be ready to be a killer HC at this time.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    More than a few people told Kraft that he was making a titanic mistake in hiring BB based on his time in Cleveland... How'd that work out? Some people take time to mature and gain wisdom. McDaniels is a very bright guy, but he may well not be ready to be a killer HC at this time.
    ehh I just dont think McHoodie would be the right guy to lead the pats

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Florio... what a fraud, or is it a flea?

McDaniels and BB have an affinity for each other because they are both more computer than human. BB warned McDaniels like he warned others (Mangini) coaching under him that they were not ready for the next step. McDaniels went out and basically looked and acted like a clone of BB in Cleveland while in Denver.

I don't know for sure, but strongly suspect that McDaniels has been promised the HC position of the Pats after BB retires as a Coach - 2014-2016 range. I think BB would stick around for a year or two and make sure of the succession of the GM job as well.

If McDaniels leaves than Matt Patricia the DC will likely be next in line. I think McDaniels is one of those guys that's brilliant intellectually but emotionally vulnerable in a number of ways. He should for his own good, not leave New England, but continue to grow into his job and that of Asst Head Coach.
    I think that we may have these cordinators around for awhile based on the facts that the other pats cordinators that have gotten gigs have not faired out well. Might actually get chance to get used to the job.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ18 View Post
    McD to KC would be the best spot... He would revive Cassell's career and really help that team with Bow as a top 10 WR and Charles but you could bank on Hillis being gone
    Bowe is probably gone too.

vCash
    send him to the chiefs or chargers we in denver have seen his affect on head coaching a team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    the pats offense was just as good last season without him
    Not true at all. The Pats have had a ton of injuries on offense this season but have been much more efficient anyway. The running game hasn't been this good in a long time, and the offense is not one-dimensional any longer. The Pats offense struggled against elite defenses last season, but has been much more effective against strong defenses this season. Even in the Seahawks game we were moving the ball at will, we just had redzone issues that have been solved since then.

As for McDaniels, I think he will wait for Belichick to retire and then take over. McDaniels will be patient and wait for the right opportunity, and it doesn't get much better than being the head coach of a first class franchise like the Patriots.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234