Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    If Ichiro is a great gap hitter, why doesn't he hit doubles and triples?
    I was wrong on the Doubles.

Ichiro had 22 in 2011 and Gardner had 19. But then again, it's a lot easier to hit doubles in safeco field then it is in yankees stadium. I imagine Brett Gardner would see a huge raise in those numbers.

But with Triples, Gardner had 8 and Ichiro had 3.

So I can't understand, if Gardner has basically the same number of doubles ,3 times as many triples, how does he do that if he doesn't get the ball out of the infield as this guy claims?

And again..just making sure it gets across..Ichiro did that in Safeco field and Gardner did that in Yankees Stadium.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-10-2012 at 09:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Who cares if he can hit home runs.

Gardner hits more doubles, triples. Steals more bases. Sees more pitches per plate appearance, get's on base more. Is better defensively.

I don't dislike Ichiro, but at this point in his career, he is a 4th outfielder.
    i guarantee you that Ichiro has a better year, Gardner can't even keep healthy and how old is he and Ichiro is how old?? Gardner can't even tie Ichiro's cleets

vCash
    I was wrong on the Doubles.

Ichiro had 22 in 2011 and Gardner had 19. But then again, it's a lot easier to hit doubles in safeco field then it is in yankees stadium. I imagine Brett Gardner would see a huge raise in those numbers.

But with Triples, Gardner had 8 and Ichiro had 3.

So I can't understand, if Gardner has basically the same number of doubles and basically 3 times as many triples, how does he do that if he doesn't get the ball out of the infield as this guy claims?

And again..just making sure it gets across..Ichiro did that in Safeco field and Gardner did that in Yankees Stadium.
    I've always contended that Safeco should actually HELP Ichiro's power #s. The XBHs he should see at a cavernous park like that are insane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    i guarantee you that Ichiro has a better year, Gardner can't even keep healthy and how old is he and Ichiro is how old?? Gardner can't even tie Ichiro's cleets
    Gardner had one year where he wasn't healthy. He's been a full time major leaguer for 3 years. So how isn't he able to stay healthy. His inability too come back this year was due to the lack of the ability of the yankees medical staff and doctors too actually realize what was wrong with him and figure it out.

You have nothing to back up your claims.

Now your just throwing anything out there to salvage your defeated argument.

vCash
    The issue is the same one that comes up in all comparisons I see. People compare Mark Reynolds to Youk and use numbers of both in their primes. They do the same comparing Ichiro to Gardner, Schierholtz, or whomever. Ichiro is 39 years old. He's coming off 2 below average seasons offensively. Even if you don't like Gardner as an offensive player, why do you want another singles hitter? 2 defense first corner OFers in the same OF? Sounds like a recipe for no offense to me.

vCash
    I've always contended that Safeco should actually HELP Ichiro's power #s. The XBHs he should see at a cavernous park like that are insane.
    Yet they are no better, actually overall, they are worse..then Gardners, who plays in yankees stadium.

vCash
    K, who you do you want up in a clutch situation Gardner or Ichiro?

vCash
    The issue is the same one that comes up in all comparisons I see. People compare Mark Reynolds to Youk and use numbers of both in their primes. They do the same comparing Ichiro to Gardner, Schierholtz, or whomever. Ichiro is 39 years old. He's coming off 2 below average seasons offensively. Even if you don't like Gardner as an offensive player, why do you want another singles hitter? 2 defense first corner OFers in the same OF? Sounds like a recipe for no offense to me.
    believe me i want Josh Hamilton, but the brass isn't budging. I'm just saying if i had to choose between Gardner or Ichiro for a year i'm choosing Ichiro for this year. Your right we shouldn't have both, we should have one or the other.

vCash

vCash
    K, who you do you want up in a clutch situation Gardner or Ichiro?
    Neither.

vCash
    2.8 a year is pretty expensive for a defensive replacement and a pinch runner, like Gardner is

vCash
    Neither.
    if you had to pick your picking Ichiro not Gardner just making a point thats all

vCash
    believe me i want Josh Hamilton, but the brass isn't budging. I'm just saying if i had to choose between Gardner or Ichiro for a year i'm choosing Ichiro for this year. Your right we shouldn't have both, we should have one or the other.
    But we had one. So why sign the other? Nate Schierholtz is better than Ichiro now. And apparently cheaper. That should have been the man to get. Hell, get him AND Ichiro AND Mark Reynolds for the same money offered to Youk. This offseason is incredibly disheartening so far.

My issue with Ichiro is simple. He doesn't hit for a high enough average to warrant the complete lack of power and lack of ability to draw a walk. He's basically a defensive replacement type OFer. Or the 3rd OFer on a team with 2 solid offensive OFers.

vCash
    2.8 a year is pretty expensive for a defensive replacement and a pinch runner, like Gardner is
    I guess you didn't read the part where Gardner is going to be the starting Center fielder this year?

vCash
    You're completely off. Gardner is a career .266/.355 hitter who can steal upwards of 40 bases and is arguably one of the best fielding outfielders in the game.

Some of you people kill me.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast