Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 308
  1. #211
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,839
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    UGH. This pretty much puts a nail in the "2 year contract" coffin.

    Can't say I'm happy about this at all unless Cashman has a significant trade in mind to change the context a little...or sign Swisher and make Ichiro an expensive 4th outfielder which will not happen.
    As much as people hate to see Swisher back, if the Yankees can get him for the numbers that have been thrown out there it would be the best move they could make.

    Sign Swisher, trade Granderson for some prospects.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    I'd rather play Dick than commit loot to swisher.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    As much as people hate to see Swisher back, if the Yankees can get him for the numbers that have been thrown out there it would be the best move they could make.

    Sign Swisher, trade Granderson for some prospects.
    Where can I sign up for this please?...PLEASE? ray:

  4. #214
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,839
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'd rather play Dick than commit loot to swisher.
    Thats fine. But I'd rather get something more than a future draft pick out of some of these guys. Yankees aren't trading Granderson unless they pick up a bat. At the current rate the Swisher, Granderson and Cano will be gone by next offseason and they will only have a couple draft picks to show for it.

    Rangers seem willing to offer Olt in most of their deals and just missed out on Hamilton. See if they can trade a Granderson package for him.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,275
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'd rather play Dick than commit loot to swisher.
    That's good for what, third worst OF in baseball?

  6. #216
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Thats fine. But I'd rather get something more than a future draft pick out of some of these guys. Yankees aren't trading Granderson unless they pick up a bat. At the current rate the Swisher, Granderson and Cano will be gone by next offseason and they will only have a couple draft picks to show for it.

    Rangers seem willing to offer Olt in most of their deals and just missed out on Hamilton. See if they can trade a Granderson package for him.
    Idk if they're willing to pick-up a one-year contract.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,268
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Thats fine. But I'd rather get something more than a future draft pick out of some of these guys. Yankees aren't trading Granderson unless they pick up a bat. At the current rate the Swisher, Granderson and Cano will be gone by next offseason and they will only have a couple draft picks to show for it.

    Rangers seem willing to offer Olt in most of their deals and just missed out on Hamilton. See if they can trade a Granderson package for him.
    I am all for trading Grandy and Cano for hauls.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    20,484
    vCash
    1500
    It's gonna be funny when the Yankees win the AL east.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I am all for trading Grandy and Cano for hauls.
    ray:

  10. #220
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,839
    vCash
    1500
    I know it was never going to happen because of the past but Yankees could have signed Melky for the amount they are giving Ichiro. What production looks better over the last two years?

    .322/.360/.489/.849

    or

    .277/.308/.361/.670

    Roids or not the chances of Melky outperforming Ichiro over the next two years are vastly greater.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I know it was never going to happen because of the past but Yankees could have signed Melky for the amount they are giving Ichiro. What production looks better over the last two years?

    .322/.360/.489/.849

    or

    .277/.308/.361/.670

    Roids or not the chances of Melky outperforming Ichiro over the next two years are vastly greater.
    Yeah but the last thing the Yankees need is another player tied to Steroids.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,839
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Yeah but the last thing the Yankees need is another player tied to Steroids.
    Why? Does anyone really care?

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Why? Does anyone really care?
    He's an idiot. We dont know what his production will be like off roids. We know what we have with Ichiro. And his attempt to weasel his way out of it with a bogus website lol. No thanks. Melky is a special kind of stupid.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,839
    vCash
    1500
    If the "we know what we have in Ichiro" is what he's done over the past 2-3 years I'd rather have dumb-*** Melky.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Springfield IL
    Posts
    2,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    If the "we know what we have in Ichiro" is what he's done over the past 2-3 years I'd rather have dumb-*** Melky.
    Ichiro didnt do too bad when he came over. As long as Girardi keeps him in the 1 spot I think he'll be just fine. I'm not happy with 2 years tho. I just think Melky at this point has too much baggage. We have A-Rod. The Yanks dont need another attention getter. Plus the media would probably drive the melk man to suicide. I wish him well in Toronto. Always liked Melky but he **** the bed last year.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •