Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    lol @ everyone getting mad at how much the deal could be. 2 year 12/14 is a good deal. It's not your money.
    "Its not your money" was fine to say when the Yankees would spend whatever to fill holes. Now that they are pinching pennies and saying stuff like "beggars can't be choosers" its a real issue to talk about how much they give guys. Especially 40 year olds on 2 year deals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    LOL if they break the whole not giving out 2 year deals thing on 40 year old Ichiro.
    Proabably the most insane thing about this signing.

vCash
    This sounds very Yankee like too. Give him 2 years so he gets his 3,000th hit as a Yankee. Never mind the fact he's 400 hits away. I guess they still learned nothing from the ARod deal.

vCash
    This sounds very Yankee like too. Give him 2 years so he gets his 3,000th hit as a Yankee. Never mind the fact he's 400 hits away. I guess they still learned nothing from the ARod deal.
    Well in 2 years when he's 100 hits short we can simply give him another 2 year deal....

vCash
    Yeah hold on a sec while I get mad that the team resigned a player that actually performed in the post season. Get a grip people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    Posted this in the MLB forum earlier...

This doesn’t make sense at all. I won't be thrilled if he's receiving 2 years at the rumored range of $12-14 million. Ichiro is an exciting player and would make for a phenomenal 4th outfielder/pinch runner type for us but 2 years and at that salary range? And for a 39 year old who is reliant on the running game for the majority of his production? Plus we already have 2 lefty hitting starting outfielders already in Granderson and Gardner. Can’t say I’m ecstatic about this unless it’s for a VERY low base salary each season…but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

If his salary approaches anything near what Martin’s new contract pays him I will be very upset. I thought it was mostly the second year that caused the Yankees to hesitate on signing Martin but they’ll be giving Ichiro that second year for just about the same salary…it just doesn’t make sense to me unless he will be getting paid substantially less than what Martin is. Martin provides more offense for a lineup that figures to have a drop-off in production next season and is in his prime so he is more of a sure thing. Plus he's one of the best pitch framers in the entire sport and is a great clubhouse guy by all accounts. Just look at the barren catcher's market right now. It's either sign overpriced garbage or give up very valuable assets in a trade since good catchers are few and far between nowadays. According to the salary rumors, the contracts will pretty much be a wash so I feel like the Yankees made a bad decision by spending their resources on Ichiro instead of Martin.
    Martin provides more offense? Martin might be able to hit 15-20 home runs for you, but outside of this what kind of offense does a .200 hitter give you?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

- Mark Twain

vCash
    Hopefully the 2 year deal for Raul is coming next since he was our best hitter in the postseason.

vCash
    Considering that the yankees have virtually no one that can perform in the post season with the exception of Jeter and Ichiro, it's probably a good idea to give Raul a 2 year deal.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

- Mark Twain

vCash
    Has anything been made official? Years/Dollars?

vCash
    Hopefully the 2 year deal for Raul is coming next since he was our best hitter in the postseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Considering that the yankees have virtually no one that can perform in the post season with the exception of Jeter and Ichiro, it's probably a good idea to give Raul a 2 year deal.
    Guys, dont be grumpy. The nanny will bring your milk & cookies soon and tuck you in.

vCash
    I hope it's not a two year deal.

vCash
    If this is a two year deal I'm going to lose my ****. It just goes to show that current ownership is all about the money. They give Ichiro what he wants and receive the dividends of pleasing the asian market while the team plummets in the standings. Say goodbye to granderson folks. Austerity! Austerity! Austerity! Austerity! Austerity! Austerity! Austerity! Austerity! Austerity! Austerity! Austerity! Austerity! Austerity!
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Wow those numbers are insane for the ItchMan.. 2 years 12-14m per..ItchMan and Youk took the Yanks to the cleaners..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cañamin View Post
    Wow those numbers are insane for the ItchMan.. 2 years 12-14m per..ItchMan and Youk took the Yanks to the cleaners..
    Noooo....

The reports are the yankees are looking to pay him for 2 years at 6-7 million a year for a total of 12-14 million.

They are deciding on going with, 1 year with 2nd year option..or 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Noooo....

The reports are the yankees are looking to pay him for 2 years at 6-7 million a year for a total of 12-14 million.

They are deciding on going with, 1 year with 2nd year option..or 2 years.
    Ahhhhhh.thanks. That makes more sense. Still a lot but the ItchMan is worth it given his marketing value.

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast