Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I think they should move Gardner and Hughes out for a power bat....Gardner s really not a need with Ichy back....but missing Swisher's bat is a loss so make a trade and get Upton...

Trade Hughes, Gardner, Sanchez, along with 2 other teams and get Upton. The Yanks do not have enough so find 2 other partners and make it happen.
    Itchy won't be around forever. Gardner brings a few things we don't have a lot of - youth, speed, SB's (as opposed to SOB's...). I like the guy. In the right deal maybe, but Gardner could be around a while.

vCash
    Not official but very close:

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Yankees and Ichiro Suzuki are putting the finishing touches on a new deal.

Rosenthal and CBS Sports' Jon Heyman are both reporting that Ichiro will be back with the Yankees next season, but the two sides are still talking about the structure of the deal. Heyman hears that it could be a one-year deal, one-year with an option for 2014 or possibly a two-year deal. The 38-year-old outfielder batted .322/.340/.454 with five homers and a .794 OPS in 67 games with Bombers down the stretch and should start at one of the corner outfield spots next season. Ichiro, Brett Gardner and Curtis Granderson are all left-handed, so it's possible Brian Cashman will try to add a right-handed bat in the days ahead.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
    Itchy Red Dick?
    Well played

vCash
    It's not done yet but it could be for 2 years at 12-14 million. * For the two years combined

A 2 year deal for this dude. Ridiculous.

They think he's going to get another 400 hits over the next two seasons and reach 3000. Which is marketing for them in Japan. I don't see him having anymore 200 hit seasons.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 12-12-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: * Should have been more specific.

vCash
    2 yrs at 12-14 mil??? Wow...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    It's not done yet but it could be for 2 years at 12-14 million.

A 2 year deal for this dude. Ridiculous.

They think he's going to get another 400 hits over the next two seasons and reach 3000. Which is marketing for them in Japan. I don't see him having anymore 200 hit seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PACISLE View Post
    2 yrs at 12-14 mil??? Wow...
    Thats what I'm seeing on twitter. It hasn't been finalized yet because they are working through details about it being a two year or one year with a option for next year.

vCash

Itchy Signing Is Imminent!

Please be a 1 yr

vCash
    Posted this in the MLB forum earlier...

This doesn’t make sense at all. I won't be thrilled if he's receiving 2 years at the rumored range of $12-14 million. Ichiro is an exciting player and would make for a phenomenal 4th outfielder/pinch runner type for us but 2 years and at that salary range? And for a 39 year old who is reliant on the running game for the majority of his production? Plus we already have 2 lefty hitting starting outfielders already in Granderson and Gardner. Can’t say I’m ecstatic about this unless it’s for a VERY low base salary each season…but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

If his salary approaches anything near what Martin’s new contract pays him I will be very upset. I thought it was mostly the second year that caused the Yankees to hesitate on signing Martin but they’ll be giving Ichiro that second year for just about the same salary…it just doesn’t make sense to me unless he will be getting paid substantially less than what Martin is. Martin provides more offense for a lineup that figures to have a drop-off in production next season, plays a premium position, and is in his prime so he is more of a sure thing. Plus he's one of the best pitch framers in the entire sport and is a great clubhouse guy by all accounts. Just look at the barren catcher's market right now. It's either sign overpriced garbage or give up very valuable assets in a trade since good catchers are few and far between nowadays. According to the salary rumors, the contracts will pretty much be a wash so I feel like the Yankees made a bad decision by spending their resources on Ichiro instead of Martin.
    Last edited by x McLovin x; 12-12-2012 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    LOL if they break the whole not giving out 2 year deals thing on 40 year old Ichiro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    LOL if they break the whole not giving out 2 year deals thing on 40 year old Ichiro.
    Seriously.

vCash
    2 years now? Holy ****! Why???????????

vCash
    I'm all for a 2 year deal

Grandy is goner on 2014, Gardner is crap shoot EVERY year

He'll be valuable, CAP FRIENDLY starting OF in 2014. Not like he's a .220 hitter. $6M-7 per hopefully front loaded.....GREAT!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    3:47pm: The Yankees are moving closer to a deal with Ichiro and the sides are expected to agree to terms within the next few days, ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports (on Twitter).

Welcome back, Ichiro!
    We already have an off season thread.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    lol @ everyone getting mad at how much the deal could be. 2 year 12/14 is a good deal. It's not your money.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast