Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 308
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,612
    vCash
    1500
    RC dropped the ball, because I still havent been informed. Funny, because Oak brags about how good he is at handling balls.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    RC dropped the ball, because I still havent been informed. Funny, because Oak brags about how good he is at handling balls.
    Hey..umm..this stuff has to say in the off-topic thread. Jerk.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,612
    vCash
    1500
    I didnt change a post...but you wanted to...HA!

    I'll no longer go off topic mods

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New York Sir
    Posts
    5,325
    vCash
    1500
    Very happy about this. He showed us last year that once he was in a situation where games mattered that he was pretty damn close to the Ichiro of old. Great pickup because we need guys like him in the clubhouse and on the field.

    New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.


    Man City
    As of 3/18/14

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the Middle of the Map
    Posts
    13,766
    vCash
    1500
    Well poop

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Yay!!! a 4th OFer!!!!
    Ichiro isn't a 4th outfielder... who's the only person that hit in the postseason besides Ibanez and Jeter before he went down.. Ichiro is still solid, he's in phenomenal shape, guaranteed he bats over .300 this year and plays great defense.. I mean he's better than Gardner and what do you consider Gardner a 5th outfielder then???? Wake up!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    28,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    Ichiro isn't a 4th outfielder... who's the only person that hit in the postseason besides Ibanez and Jeter before he went down.. Ichiro is still solid, he's in phenomenal shape, guaranteed he bats over .300 this year and plays great defense.. I mean he's better than Gardner and what do you consider Gardner a 5th outfielder then???? Wake up!
    .300 with no power, while drawing no walks sucks. He's been a below average offensive player the last 2 seasons. And this is from a corner OF position.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    1500
    cause he was sick of playing for a garbage team in Seattle, I take him anyday of the week over Gardner, the guy is still dangerous and clutch, can't say that about Gardner who can't hit the ball out of the infield. Its a quality signing, great 2 or 9 hitter with speed, its a no brainer

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    Ichiro isn't a 4th outfielder... who's the only person that hit in the postseason besides Ibanez and Jeter before he went down.. Ichiro is still solid, he's in phenomenal shape, guaranteed he bats over .300 this year and plays great defense.. I mean he's better than Gardner and what do you consider Gardner a 5th outfielder then???? Wake up!
    I wouldn't say he's currently better then Gardner.

    His Batting average may be a little higher..but Gardner gets on base more then him, Gardner also led the majors in pitches per plate appearance in 2011.

    That's a major fact when that usually wears down a starting pitcher faster, and helps other hitters who are watching the at bat.

    Plus at this stage in the career, WHEN HEALTHY..Gardner is a better fielder then Ichiro.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    28,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    cause he was sick of playing for a garbage team in Seattle, I take him anyday of the week over Gardner, the guy is still dangerous and clutch, can't say that about Gardner who can't hit the ball out of the infield. Its a quality signing, great 2 or 9 hitter with speed, its a no brainer
    Can Ichiro hit a ball out of the infield?

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Can Ichiro hit a ball out of the infield?
    Seems like most of his hits are weak hacks that he beats out.

    At least gardner draws walks with a OBP about .100 points higher then his BA.

    Oh, wait..this is PSD forum..I shouldn't use stats to back up the argument because the stats are seemingly useless around here.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Can Ichiro hit a ball out of the infield?
    yes he can, can Gardner??? how many homeruns does Gardner hit compared to Ichiro? Gardner is terrible, rather have Ichiro out there this year than him all day long.. Ichiro can hit homeruns out in right field and he showed he can against Boston, Gardner no way does that and never did

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South Pole
    Posts
    17,316
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    yes he can, can Gardner??? how many homeruns does Gardner hit compared to Ichiro? Gardner is terrible, rather have Ichiro out there this year than him all day long.. Ichiro can hit homeruns out in right field and he showed he can against Boston, Gardner no way does that and never did
    Who cares if he can hit home runs.

    Gardner hits more doubles, triples. Steals more bases. Sees more pitches per plate appearance, get's on base more. Is better defensively.

    I don't dislike Ichiro, but at this point in his career, he is a 4th outfielder.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    28,972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Who cares if he can hit home runs.

    Gardner hits more doubles, triples. Steals more bases. Sees more pitches per plate appearance, get's on base more. Is better defensively.

    I don't dislike Ichiro, but at this point in his career, he is a 4th outfielder.
    If Ichiro is a great gap hitter, why doesn't he hit doubles and triples?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    23,071
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    yes he can, can Gardner??? how many homeruns does Gardner hit compared to Ichiro? Gardner is terrible, rather have Ichiro out there this year than him all day long.. Ichiro can hit homeruns out in right field and he showed he can against Boston, Gardner no way does that and never did
    This couldn't be farther from the truth.

    | .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •