Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...d-nick-swisher

giants listed along with the yankees, red sox, & indians as interested....hope this is true

it is too bad SF missed out on Choo he would've been the perfect fit but I guess the prospect load was going to be too heavy...I'm a bit bummed they didn't acquire Denard Span either & opted to give four years to Pagan but a Swisher signing would make up for a lot....get it done F.O.

vCash
    also, i don't think the yankees are actually interested in Swish as they appear to have their OF set with Ichiro, Granderson, & Gardner...with Youkilis at DH as soon as A-Rod returns...

i can't see Swish going to Cleveland as they are clearly in rebuild mode after dealing Choo & likely Cabrera soon...

So that leaves the Red Sox & I'd guess the Phillies (though I see them getting Hamilton or Ross), who else is an option, the Mariners?

I could see the Giants working a 4-year deal with Swisher that is back-loaded and starts with a $9-10 million salary in the first year...

lets hope Swish to the Giants, Hamilton to PHI/BOS/TEX, Ross to BOS/PHI, & Bourn to SEA

...I understand the whole payroll thing but I could see Sabean/the F.O. really pushing for this one...its too perfect of a fit...1) Swish wants to be here. 2) He fills the LF void beautifully (they can always bring blanco in for late game defense if need be). 3) He gives the team a true HR hitter & another very disciplined hitter. 4) A perfect fit into the clubhouse & chemistry of this team. 5) He adds to the championship roster & gives team that extra boost of confidence to take down LA again & give a great shot at repeating as the team will have improved their championship roster
    Last edited by Giants-49ers-Ws; 12-11-2012 at 11:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Remember Bumgarner signed an extension. He's owed 750,00 this upcoming season.
    Only if he wouldn't have been Super 2 eligible.

He gets $3 million next year if he has more than 2 years and 139 days of MLB experience.
    Last edited by otatop; 12-11-2012 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Only if he wouldn't have been Super 2 eligible.

He gets $3 million next year if he has more than 2 years and 134 days of MLB experience.
    Oh. Did not know that.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Sucks to see these teams getting better while ours doesn't.

vCash
    Yep, it's frustrating to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    How so? Swisher? Whom else would you care to invest in at this point?

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Swisher is all we need, he'd improve us immensely. LF is a glaring hole right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Sucks to see these teams getting better while ours doesn't.
    Yep.

I mean, unless your team is just really one step ahead of everyone, rarely does just standing pat work.

We had obvious weaknesses even though we won the WS last season and nothing was addressed.

You can't continually go into the year one piece short, when everyone knows it, and then just pray it works out before wasting assets at the deadline.

The Reds improved. Nationals I think upgraded big time with Dan Haren, and Strasburg won't be held back again. LA added the one thing they desperately needed.

The Giants I guess are just going to bank on not having any injuries(our depth is atrocious at pitcher and in the field) and players Lincecum returning to form

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    How so? Swisher? Whom else would you care to invest in at this point?
    We haven't gotten better so far. One option would be Swisher. Another option could possibly be Morse, just hate that he's not a good defensive outfielder. Choo came so cheaply that I think we could've made a run at him. Willingham could be an option. Even Corey Hart depending on his price.

vCash
    We haven't gotten better so far. One option would be Swisher. Another option could possibly be Morse, just hate that he's not a good defensive outfielder. Choo came so cheaply that I think we could've made a run at him. Willingham could be an option. Even Corey Hart depending on his price.
    I don't know how a top 10 pitching prospect made him come cheap. I know it didn't come from Cincinatti, but Cleveland probably doesn't pull the trigger without him

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d79cheese View Post
    I don't know how a top 10 pitching prospect made him come cheap. I know it didn't come from Cincinatti, but Cleveland probably doesn't pull the trigger without him
    Oh ya I forgot he went to Cleveland in that deal. Duh.

vCash
    Needs for rest of offseason include:

1. Swisher (LF)

2. Long Reliever (someone whose capable of filling into the rotation)

3. Theriot (IF)...If not Rhino then another player that provides IF depth (i.e: Freddy Sanchez minor league invite)

4. 1B/OF bench bat (someone with pop who can play 1B & LF)

5. B. Wilson* This is more of a luxury item but he'd be a nice boost to the Pen come June/July if healthy & give the team another late-inning option...he's obviously a good chemistry/clubhouse guy & brings intangibles as well

vCash
    Did we sign Hamilton yet?
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Funniest Yabu moment. Forgot who he was playing but the batter hit a ball and Rowand made a nice catch, might have robbed HR, and when Rowand got back to the dugout, Yabu bowed to him.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast