Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Offseason Discussion: Part 3

Haha I'm rooting for belt I just hate his swing! It's so ugly! It's like seeing a righties typical swing on a lefty! Lefties swings are supposed to look better hah. Don't judge me. I'm open to my own opinion. I really hope belt breaks our this year. But you also gotta take into factor that most teams gameplan isn't against brandon belt because if his strikeout rate and inconsistent bat. They do game plan for pence. I think belt will be good but he hasn't shown me much offensively. He did have a GREAT September. Haha I don't really care anymore. I thought I made my point. You think Belt is better than Pence, I think Pence is better than Belt. Anyway...So the angels like to come outta nowhere and sign the best Free Agent ok the market eh? It must be nice having an owner that lets them spend

vCash
    Well, I'm gonna deliver a low blow here and say this is a relative of ODP, never have I seen such garbage spewed that wasn't trolling or Mr. LA.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cvietti23 View Post
    Haha I'm rooting for belt I just hate his swing! It's so ugly! It's like seeing a righties typical swing on a lefty! Lefties swings are supposed to look better hah. Don't judge me. I'm open to my own opinion. I really hope belt breaks our this year. But you also gotta take into factor that most teams gameplan isn't against brandon belt because if his strikeout rate and inconsistent bat. They do game plan for pence. I think belt will be good but he hasn't shown me much offensively. He did have a GREAT September. Haha I don't really care anymore. I thought I made my point. You think Belt is better than Pence, I think Pence is better than Belt. Anyway...So the angels like to come outta nowhere and sign the best Free Agent ok the market eh? It must be nice having an owner that lets them spend
    I never said that.

I said he would've been more of a threat than Pence in the 5-hole during the last two months.

Ya I'm sure teams don't game plan for Belt's very good plate discipline...

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    I don't think so. Belt isn't very good. He played better towards the end of the year. But if belt was slotted behind posey, I doubt he would've gotten 40 RBI's in the last couple months. What's that saying, Money lies in the ribeyes haha I HATE belts swing so I'm sorta anti belt. I don't understand why he doesn't finish his swing and it annoys me haha my swing looked so much prettier, so I'm butt hurt he is playing baseball as a job and I'm just going to school with a bum arm haha
    You're about as a sharp as a spoon, I'd love to see this much prettier swing you have. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're talking out of your *** and stopped playing baseball after you were too old for tee-ball.
    I haven't said one negative thing about anyone and now everyone is being an ******* to me...that ain't cool. And brandon belts swing is so far off text book, it annoys me. I'm sorry that I like swings like buster and jeter who do it the way most people, kids, teenagers, whoever. I was just taught differently and I don't like his swing. Sew me for it lol.
    I played ball since I was 5. I was okay. I'm not saying I was any good or anything but I do know baseball very well and you all disagree with me. That's fine Idc what you think lol just show me some respect please because I'm not disrespecting you.

Anyway...

vCash
    Belt was better than Pence last year.

Gameplan for Pence: Throw breaking balls and he'll automatically swing.
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

You want to go first?

vCash
    I haven't said one negative thing about anyone and now everyone is being an ******* to me...that ain't cool. And brandon belts swing is so far off text book, it annoys me. I'm sorry that I like swings like buster and jeter who do it the way most people, kids, teenagers, whoever. I was just taught differently and I don't like his swing. Sew me for it lol.
    I played ball since I was 5. I was okay. I'm not saying I was any good or anything but I do know baseball very well and you all disagree with me. That's fine Idc what you think lol just show me some respect please because I'm not disrespecting you.

Anyway...
    Based on?

How were you taught?

One of the most congested swings I've ever seen.

I'd be more than happy to sew your mouth shut.

I'm sure you are a great dude, but I just can't respect your baseball knowledge after reading your posts. I'm sorry.

You want to go first?

vCash

You guys all say he is disciplined. Yeah he's good a laying off pitches in the dirt... But what about those pitches on the corner he consistently watches and k's on? He strikes out looking too much. IMO he's not aggressive enough. I hate watching him and a lot of MLB players watch strike one and strike 2. I don't like belts approach. He seems to get himself into an 0-1 hole too much. One at bat it'll seem like he steps up and says yeah I'm hitting this first pitch, but it'll be a breaking ball or high fastball which he has problems with and he's down 0-1. The way I was taught was not how he was which might be why I don't get paid to play lol. But his swing is idk I can't describe it, but it's weird looking. I guess I'm sorry for disagreeing with you, but don't be jerks. I'm just a person with an opinion.

vCash
    How am I being a jerk?

We say he's discipline because he is disciplined. The Giants have worked on Belt's approach to be more agressive which they've commended him on during the season. We might see that approach, along with him keeping his great eye to make him break out this upcoming season

Ariana Grande

vCash

SF Giants, SF 49ers, Sac Kings since birth.

vCash
    Belt's swing is nice, I think you get caught up in his stance and the way he strides to the ball, but from a swing standpoint it's actually very nice and he follows through with both hands. He can definitely be more aggressive and started showing it in June when he got hot for a bit, then reverted back to his old ways in July, but turned it around in August/September and the numbers Rush showed you prove that.

You want to go first?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    to play where?
    LF or 1b, moving Belt to lf.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Story Time:

Don Mattingly: Magic told me we have unlimited FUNDS to spend and build our empire.

Ned Colletti: Well than if that is the case than,... I gonna sign the best pitcher in the market. Zach Greinke is a Dodger. MHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA.

(Somewhere is Sabean's underground hideout)

Brian Sabean: Man those Dodgers are spending money but I have the best move possible.

Bruce Bochy: You are bringing back Eugenio Velez

Brian Sabean: Nope even better one than that.

Bruce Bochy: The Gamer, Aaron Rowand

Brian Sabean: Even beter than that. Andres Torres.

(Somewhere in Dodger's HQ)

Colletti: Word has it the Giants signed Torres. Why didn't we make a bid for him. How much did he want, 10...15...20 Million per year?

Dodger Stooge: No, he signed for 2 Million Sir.

Magic Johnson: Why not we sign Kobe + Pau Gasol + Dwight Howard. They have range and can win championships for us.

Colletti: I have a move up my sleeve. Just watch. {Thinking Josh Hamilton}

(In Angel's HQ)

Jerry Dipoto (Angel's GM): Thanks Josh Hamilton! We can finally stick it to the Rangers. (Stealing CJ WILSON & Josh Hamilton. We have the build of an EMPIRE)

TO BE CONTINUED.

vCash
    <<Belt's swing is nice, I think you get caught up in his stance and the way he strides to the ball, but from a swing standpoint it's actually very nice and he follows through with both hands. He can definitely be more aggressive and started showing it in June when he got hot for a bit, then reverted back to his old ways in July, but turned it around in August/September and the numbers Rush showed you prove that.>>
    If that were the case, I wouldn't love soriano's swing so much haha it's so txt book and smooth. Belts finish just throws me off. It's prolly not even the swing but the half way finish just annoys me. I feel like he's losing so much power by not finishing. Belts gonna be good I agree, but I don't se him good yet. He will be better than pence if pence keeps hitting 250. But he's a career better hitter than that, so I don't think pence will be worse than belt this year

vCash
    <<Belt's swing is nice, I think you get caught up in his stance and the way he strides to the ball, but from a swing standpoint it's actually very nice and he follows through with both hands. He can definitely be more aggressive and started showing it in June when he got hot for a bit, then reverted back to his old ways in July, but turned it around in August/September and the numbers Rush showed you prove that.>>
    If that were the case, I wouldn't love soriano's swing so much haha it's so txt book and smooth. Belts finish just throws me off. It's prolly not even the swing but the half way finish just annoys me. I feel like he's losing so much power by not finishing. Belts gonna be good I agree, but I don't se him good yet. He will be better than pence if pence keeps hitting 250. But he's a career better hitter than that, so I don't think pence will be worse than belt this year
    Pence could be better than Belt even if Pence bats .250 though. But that's not the point. Batting average isn't a good way to judge a player. There's better stats that show a batter's overall value than BA and RBI such as wOBA, wRC+, OPS, and some others that I'm not thinking of right now. It seems like you're into baseball, you should read up on those. It's very interesting. I get excited when I find new stats to learn about (yes, I sound like a baseball geek).

Ariana Grande

vCash

And his stance doesn't annoy me either. Stances are just comfortability. I don't like when people are told they need to change their stance completely. I was open sorta like Freddy but more open like Keppinger. Just felt more comfortable. So I don't think his stance has anything to do with it. Also, Marci had the half swing thing too, but it's different, shorter and more compact, and he's a slap hitting 2nd baseman. Belt shouldn't be doing that type if hitting. If he followed through, I'd bet his power numbers go up. Just makes no sense to me

Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast