Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    That is blown soooo far out its hard for non 49er fans to know what the truth actually is. Most of Aldon's sacks come because Aldon beat his guy. Straight up. Does it help having Justin Smith? Hell yea it helps. Is Justin Smith the main reason Aldon has all of his sacks? **** no. Why opposing teams block Aldon 1-1 is ridiculous....He beats his guy more often than not, and if Aldon was playing this much last year and playing like this...he'd be over 20+ sacks right now. The qb's are getting rid of the ball with in 2 seconds when playing the 49ers. Which is why the 49ers pass defense is so damn good. 2nd overall in the league I do believe, short passes and excellent tackling team leads to not many YAC. If a Qb has to hold onto the ball 3 seconds or more, Aldon Smith either gets a pressure or hits the Qb.

But the argument between who's the better player between Aldon and Watt...its not comparable really. Watt is a freak of nature, there is no denying that. He does soooo much for his defense. But if people are going to negate Aldon because he has Justin Smith, then you have to take away from Watt for having Barwin outside of him as well.

Oh and last time I checked, the LT is usually the best lineman on teams olines, and thats who Aldon is going up against a vast majority of the time. He deserves more credit than "Oh, Justin Smith is holding the offensive line for Aldon to get to the Qb." ****ing ridiculous
    Barwin has two sacks this season, total. Antonio Smith has five, one in the last six games. Yes this is with Watt being double teamed constantly. Watt is it for the Texans right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zk0z335ebE

theres a reason he's number 1 and OLB LT isn't... bc its easier to rush from the outside lb position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post

theres a reason he's number 1 and OLB LT isn't... bc its easier to rush from the outside lb position.
    What are you even saying? LT was an outside linebacker...

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    oh ok.
    you're biased, i would be too

vCash
    you're biased, i would be too
    Instead of just saying it's easier, please explain why. I can state things without explanation too...

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Instead of just saying it's easier, please explain why. I can state things without explanation too...
    Often times an outside linebacker blitzes on tackle-end stunts, where the rusher either comes free or is only met with a chipping back, the outside linebacker can also line up on anywhere on the field, making it hard for teams to see where he's coming from or whether he's coming at all. Smith is certainly good player, I've seen lots of Niner's games these last two years and he's definitely someone that needs to be accounted for but the play of the line, and the other linebackers make his job a lot easier, than say a Defensive End/Tackle who is lined up across from someone and has to beat them every play ...I have no dog in this race, so i'm being subjective here, I don't care about the Sack Record, I just think both Miller and Watt are having better all around years while, Smith is having just an excellent year rushing the Quarterback ..

vCash
    Often times an outside linebacker blitzes on tackle-end stunts, where the rusher either comes free or is only met with a chipping back, the outside linebacker can also line up on anywhere on the field, making it hard for teams to see where he's coming from or whether he's coming at all. Smith is certainly good player, I've seen lots of Niner's games these last two years and he's definitely someone that needs to be accounted for but the play of the line, and the other linebackers make his job a lot easier, than say a Defensive End/Tackle who is lined up across from someone and has to beat them every play ...I have no dog in this race, so i'm being subjective here, I don't care about the Sack Record, I just think both Miller and Watt are having better all around years while, Smith is having just an excellent year rushing the Quarterback ..
    So are you saying that a 3-4 scheme is superior to a 4-3? Isn't the goal for coaches to make things as easy on your players as possible and put them in a position to succeed?

Yes, some of Smith's sacks have come from stunts where Justin Smith takes up two blockers and Smith goes right up the middle untouched. But that probably accounts for about 15-20% of his sacks. It's not like a stunt is impossible to stop and it's an automatic sack whenever they do it. There are also plays where he just flat out bull rushes the tackle one on one and destroys him. Or where he completely fakes the tackle out and slips right by him.

There are ways to combat an outside linebacker. You can use a tight end, running back, or fullback to slow him down.

And that's fine that you think that Miller and Watt are better all around players. They probably are. But Smith is one of, if not the best pass rushers in the NFL right now. That's his role. That's what he's paid to do. He's pretty good in the run game, but he doesn't get a lot of credit for that because there seems to be a preconceived notion that he can't do it because he wasn't asked to do it his rookie year.

The 49ers had another OLB in Parys Harylson who was very good against the run, so they didn't need to rush Aldon into being a three down linebacker his rookie year. That doesn't mean he couldn't do, they just didn't ask him to. Now he is, and he's doing a good job with it. Against the Saints the 49ers had Aldon dropping into coverage and taking on Darren Sproles in the flat. He did a fine job of it. Their defensive coordinator Vic Fangio isn't stupid, quite the opposite actually. He wouldn't have Aldon doing that if he didn't believe he could handle it.

Sure, Aldon Smith isn't as good of an all around player as Von Miller or JJ Watt. That doesn't mean he's a one trick pony. Far from it.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 12-12-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    So are you saying that a 3-4 scheme is superior to a 4-3? Isn't the goal for coaches to make things as easy on your players as possible and put them in a position to succeed?

Yes, some of Smith's sacks have come from stunts where Justin Smith takes up two blockers and Smith goes right up the middle untouched. But that probably accounts for about 15-20% of his sacks. It's not like a stunt is impossible to stop and it's an automatic sack whenever they do it. There are also plays where he just flat out bull rushes the tackle one on one and destroys him. Or where he completely fakes the tackle out and slips right by him.

There are ways to combat an outside linebacker. You can use a tight end, running back, or fullback to slow him down.

And that's fine that you think that Miller and Watt are better all around players. They probably are. But Smith is one of, if not the best pass rushers in the NFL right now. That's his role. That's what he's paid to do. He's pretty good in the run game, but he doesn't get a lot of credit for that because there seems to be a preconceived notion that he can't do it because he wasn't asked to do it his rookie year.

The 49ers had another OLB in Parys Harylson who was very good against the run, so they didn't need to rush Aldon into being a three down linebacker his rookie year. That doesn't mean he couldn't do, they just didn't ask him to. Now he is, and he's doing a good job with it. Against the Saints the 49ers had Aldon dropping into coverage and taking on Darren Sproles in the flat. He did a fine job of it. Their defensive coordinator Vic Fangio isn't stupid, quite the opposite actually. He wouldn't have Aldon doing that if he didn't believe he could handle it.

Sure, Aldon Smith isn't as good of an all around player as Von Miller or JJ Watt. That doesn't mean he's a one trick pony. Far from it.
    Great post and totally agree
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash

Lol Deacon Jones.

Maybe we should let people head slap again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideRookie View Post
    Barwin has two sacks this season, total. Antonio Smith has five, one in the last six games. Yes this is with Watt being double teamed constantly. Watt is it for the Texans right now.
    Hmm, well then I guess I stand corrected
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910