Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    he's an outside linebacker ... not exactly hard to rush the passer from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Rams fans hating on the 49ers because their St. Louis Cardinals Crumbled against the San Francisco Giants World Series Champions!
    Beat me to it

49ers.....:10-3-1 gotta luv the tie(last one ever.Callin it)
    SHARKS... NHL givin us some time
    GIANTS.... 2010 CHAMPS and 2012 WOW!!!
    SDSU AZTECS... Ranked #17 all day
    GS WARRIORS..Watch out lake show**updateClip show
    [x]resign Pagan/Affeldft/Marco
    []sign HAMILTON Awww
    [ ] sign G.Sizemore/T.Harfner BENCH 1y - 1 mil
    [ ] sign Mike Adams 3y - 12mil
    [ ] resign the BEARD/MVPOSEY (make it rain sabs)
    [ ] REPEAT 3 outta 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    No different than a DE...what's your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Overall at defense? Yes
    At rushing the QB? Eh, debatable
    I agree with that.

Although I don't think he is the premere pass rusher in the NFL either.

Neither of these guys are.

There are plenty of others to be in this discussion, even if their sack numbers are quite as good as this guys this year.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Aldon Smith with multiple thread son the main?

When he start playing for the Jets?
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    So DeMarcus Ware and Lawrence Taylor...not that great, just played a position where it's easy to get sacks from?

This whole Aldon Smith thing is silly. He's really good and has been a great fit in SF. Why make it a dick measuring contest between him and Watt/Miller?
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 12-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Aldon Smith is having a sensational year, but until the double-teams are shifting toward Aldon Smith as opposed to Justin Smith, I'll still believe that a substantial part of his effectiveness is driven by his system. Allen, Peppers, Ware and Matthews remain elite while being the consistent focus of double teams. Aldon Smith usually faces a tackle and maybe assistance from the backfield in blocking which is why I will still personally rank him a step below the elite of the elite.
    Blogging: Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    So DeMarcus Ware and Lawrence Taylor...not that great, just played a position where it's easy to get sacks from?

This whole Aldon Smith thing is silly. He's really good and has been a great fit in SF. Why make it a dick measuring contest between him and Watt/Miller?
    Agreed. Talk to your SF friends about it. Watt and Miller are the best in the game right now and SF fans consistently want to shove Smith into their spotlight bc of sexy sack numbers.

Watt and Miller's dicks are bigger. No reason for people to keep throwing Smith in there with a tape measure.

vCash
    Someone should ask all those other OLB's in history who couldnt' get this many sacks what their problem was then...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    Agreed. Talk to your SF friends about it. Watt and Miller are the best in the game right now and SF fans consistently want to shove Smith into their spotlight bc of sexy sack numbers.

Watt and Miller's dicks are bigger. No reason for people to keep throwing Smith in there with a tape measure.
    It's really unfortunate an absolute bum of a player like Aldon Smith has managed to put up a top 10 season sack-wise in NFL history with 3 games to go...

Here is the list of guys who have had as many sacks in a season as him:

Michael Strahan
    Jared Allen
    Mark Gastineau
    Reggie White
    Chris Doleman
    Lawrence Taylor
    Derrick Thomas
    Tim Harris

What a bum to be in such company.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Someone should ask all those other OLB's in history who couldnt' get this many sacks what their problem was then...

It's really unfortunate an absolute bum of a player like Aldon Smith has managed to put up a top 10 season sack-wise in NFL history with 3 games to go...

Here is the list of guys who have had as many sacks in a season as him:

Michael Strahan
    Jared Allen
    Mark Gastineau
    Reggie White
    Chris Doleman
    Lawrence Taylor
    Derrick Thomas
    Tim Harris

What a bum to be in such company.
    He's only there because Justin Smith holds
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    problem is he's not even the best defensive player on his team... or 2nd best lol
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    problem is he's not even the best defensive player on his team... or 2nd best lol
    Damn that sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    Sacks in last 2 years:

Jared Allen: 31
    Demarcus Ware: 30.5
    Aldon Smith: 33.5
    Von Miller: 27.5

So, he has a negligible lead over Allen and Ware over the last two seasons... and 5.5 came in one game.... so he hasn't even been as consistent as Allen and Ware.

That's my first observation.
    I dont disagree that guys like Von Miller and JJ Watt are better all around players then Smith but the 5.5 sacks in one game argument is really stupid. Ware had 4 sacks in Week 8 2011, Allen 3.5 in Week 17. Why should someone be penalized for having a good game?

All 3 of the guys you mentioned (Ware, Smith, Allen) have had 19 games the past 2 years with at least 1 sack. So Smith has been just as consistent and then hes had more big games aswell. Id take Smith over Ware and Allen any day of the week.
    THE BAY IS BACK

vCash
    Is there a place on the field where its easy to rush the passer? what kind of comment is this

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    That says more about the 49ers defense than it does Aldon Smith. The 49ers third cornerback Chris Culliver is better than a lot of starting corners.

Slap Hands!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast