Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    cool story bro

helps to get sacks when your DE (justin smith) is always holding the offensive lineman

this is false on so many levels LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAPYokt2Npc

Enough said.

vCash
    If you want to be statheads, JJ Watt is raping the **** out of everyone but Von Miller and Geno Atkins in pass rushing per PFF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post

this is false on so many levels LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAPYokt2Npc

Enough said.
    you show a highlight of smith vs the dolphins back up LT if that is Jack Long doesnt happen sorry to tell you

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Sorry WK. You are obviously wrong here. I am sorry you cannot see it. I am not distorting anything. Sorry bro, you are way off because you think when someone is asked to pass rush and then stop pass rushing that it's still pass rushing but it's not.

Not sure how anyone could make sense out of that but you.
    Norm, it's a pass-rush... period.

Secondly, I'd say the intelligence and ability to stop pursuing the QB and get a positive result makes one.... a better pass-rusher.

So, even if we go by your analogy, that they have "quit rushing the passer and now doing something else".... and they make a better play because of it, that makes them a smarter and better pass-rusher. Again, a positive in pass-rushing.

There's no way around it, Norm,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perkis View Post

You used the word butthurt in a post....and I'm doing a number against my credibility and your talking big boy issues.... Nice post make sure you're in bed before 11, or mom might get mad.
    Butt-hurt is a common colloquial term. If using colloquial language damages someone's credibility more than making logical missteps and using logical fallacies in their arguments... this isn't a world I'm interested in anyways.

What do you want me to say? Irritated? Miffed? Angry? Whatever. You got worked up and defensive, as though someone was disrespecting a player, by saying they were the 3rd best in the entire world. You then had the audacity to call THAT person an illogical homer.

I'm sorry, the person who is miffed about someone calling their player the 3rd best player in the game is the one who is being an illogical homer.

I also don't go to bed until about 4am most nights. I work a late job. Most around here know what I do for a living.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    Butt-hurt is a common colloquial term. If using colloquial language damages someone's credibility more than making logical missteps and using logical fallacies in their arguments... this isn't a world I'm interested in anyways.

What do you want me to say? Irritated? Miffed? Angry? Whatever. You got worked up and defensive, as though someone was disrespecting a player, by saying they were the 3rd best in the entire world. You then had the audacity to call THAT person an illogical homer.

I'm sorry, the person who is miffed about someone calling their player the 3rd best player in the game is the one who is being an illogical homer.

I also don't go to bed until about 4am most nights. I work a late job. Most around here know what I do for a living.
    we only have 11 more days no worries haha

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash

Sacks in last 2 years:

Jared Allen: 31
    Demarcus Ware: 30.5
    Aldon Smith: 33.5
    Von Miller: 27.5

So, he has a negligible lead over Allen and Ware over the last two seasons... and 5.5 came in one game.... so he hasn't even been as consistent as Allen and Ware.

That's my first observation.

so? you have a big sample size for allen. It's about 12.5 sacks a year. how do you call aldon not consistent as allen, however, fail to mention that he overachieved in 2011? ?

vCash
    Norm, it's a pass-rush... period.

Secondly, I'd say the intelligence and ability to stop pursuing the QB and get a positive result makes one.... a better pass-rusher.

So, even if we go by your analogy, that they have "quit rushing the passer and now doing something else".... and they make a better play because of it, that makes them a smarter and better pass-rusher. Again, a positive in pass-rushing.

There's no way around it, Norm,
    I'm sorry Wade but stopping the pass rush to bat down a pass is not pass rush anymore the key to that is he STOPs rushing the passer. It would fall into the pass defense category. That is why in the nfl stat book it goes as a pass defensed. He is 8th in the NFL in that. He is the only non-defensive back in the top 40 in.

What Aldon is doing is more than just because of Justin Smith. The guy is just relentless. This video shows all of his sacks from last season. Its pretty impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6RtCNTic5k
    Carlos "You Better" Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeezy View Post
    I'm sorry Wade but stopping the pass rush to bat down a pass is not pass rush anymore the key to that is he STOPs rushing the passer. It would fall into the pass defense category. That is why in the nfl stat book it goes as a pass defensed. He is 8th in the NFL in that. He is the only non-defensive back in the top 40 in.

What Aldon is doing is more than just because of Justin Smith. The guy is just relentless. This video shows all of his sacks from last season. Its pretty impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6RtCNTic5k
    Aldon's bull rush gives me all kinds of erections.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCaTqvv0hQ8

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Hopefully he develops into something special for sure.
    Dude has 19 1/2 sacks through 13 games, I'd say he's already pretty special

vCash
    3 in 3 games seems likely
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    No but a multitude of his sacks, Justin Smith is right there with him and for some reason they give the WHOLE sack to A. Smith.
    Justin is there, but not involved, falling onto the QB while he's already going down isn't worth half a sack.

vCash
    you show a highlight of smith vs the dolphins back up LT if that is Jack Long doesnt happen sorry to tell you
    It's happened in more than just one game, sorry to tell you. Against the better LTs sure it doesn't happen, but how many Jake Long and Joe Thomas types are out there?

vCash
    Prediction: He's barely a factor against the Patriots on Sunday night

vCash
    cool story bro

helps to get sacks when your DE (justin smith) is always holding the offensive lineman
    Yes because the sack record currently is a very prestigious award (thanks to brett favre)

Who cares about holding or not holding, the david tyree super bowl catch should have come back due to holding, but guess what the giants still won the super bowl, get over it.

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast