Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    It has nothing to do with not being able to get off his block. It has to do with being more versatile when rushing the passer that, instead of going to a second-move to beat the block, he has more options.

That is, in fact, about being a better pass-rusher. Results when rushing the passer.

If both players rush a passer, neither beat the block with the first move, player a goes to a second move and fails to get by the block while player b pulls up, sets himself up, and knocks the pass down....

Why is that not a positive in player b's favor when rushing the passer?

To say that's not anything about being a better pass-rusher is just blatantly false, norm. Both were rushing the passer, one had more success. Come on, you're better than that.
    Being an interior DLman also gives you the ability to do this kind of thing, being a rushing OLB unless the QB throws a screen over your head, the ball isn't really in your neighborhood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I've heard him say almost word for word that when he knows he can't get there he stops and watches the QB.

I think Watt is a better player. I'm not convinced he's a better pass rusher.

It's a positive for player b overall. Not in pass rusher. I don't overrate Charles Woodson in coverage because he can blitz. It's not the same thing. You're blending them together which isn't fair if we're talking about just pass rusher which I was thinking we were.
    Norm, you serious?

Come on, you aren't even using logic here.

What were both players doing? Pass-Rushing.

Blitzing is not covering. It is not analogous. Again, in the above scenario I outlined, both players were pass-rushing and one got a better result. Thus, that is a positive in pass-rushing.

Pass-rushing itself is not just applying pressure to a QB/hitting him/sacking him. You can't suddenly relegate any other success in the pass-rush whcih doesn't fall into those 3 things as "not pass rush". That is, again, blatantly false and I think you're smarter than this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I don't know who wins dpoy this year, but I assure you it won't be Aldon.

Can niners fans stop the hype please? The dude is a great pass rusher, but how many Miller/Watt threads do you see?
    Most of us would like it to stop as well, and alot of SF threads in the main are typically not even started by a Niner poster, Aldon threads being an exception, but he's our glory horse right now. We have a few overzealous types, but I don't even think DPOY was part of the OP, just that he has a case as the top pass rusher. And there have been a few Watt threads as of late, but that's fine with me, guys a heck of a player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perkis View Post
    How are those guys better? Statistically speaking?

And its not as tho people are talking about a player who doesnt have the stats, hes 3 sacks away from an all time record, and we're shoving him down peoples throats? If this guy was in NY he would be all over your T.V
    Just read your Screen name. Obvious youre a homer, as Wade is not near the caliber of Kobe Bryant, and I'll discontinue my argument, as its obvious you illogical.

BTW, this guy got butthurt when I said that his player is the third best pass-rusher in the entire NFL... you know, the elite of the elite, and this guy is one of the very, very, very best.....

But I'm the illogical homer. Gold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman53 View Post
    Only 3 of his sacks this season have come on the stunt with Justin Smith. Try again.
    No but a multitude of his sacks, Justin Smith is right there with him and for some reason they give the WHOLE sack to A. Smith.

vCash
    Norm, you serious?

Come on, you aren't even using logic here.

What were both players doing? Pass-Rushing.

Blitzing is not covering. It is not analogous. Again, in the above scenario I outlined, both players were pass-rushing and one got a better result. Thus, that is a positive in pass-rushing.

Pass-rushing itself is not just applying pressure to a QB/hitting him/sacking him. You can't suddenly relegate any other success in the pass-rush whcih doesn't fall into those 3 things as "not pass rush". That is, again, blatantly false and I think you're smarter than this.
    You're being ridiculous. So if he was pass rushing and read a screen that was a positive pass rush play because he was pass rushing first.

No........just stop.

You're trying to group two things together that aren't the same just to solidify your point. I do agree Watt is a better player and I will accept that you think he's a better pass rusher but because he can stop rushing and swat passes is not what makes him a better "pass rusher" that doesn't make any sense. Just stop and don't give me that you're smarter than this crap. You're the one distorting the hell out of the definition of pass rushing not me.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    You're being ridiculous. So if he was pass rushing and read a screen that was a positive pass rush play because he was pass rushing first.

No........just stop.

You're trying to group two things together that aren't the same just to solidify your point. I do agree Watt is a better player and I will accept that you think he's a better pass rusher but because he can stop rushing and swat passes is not what makes him a better "pass rusher" that doesn't make any sense. Just stop and don't give me that you're smarter than this crap. You're the one distorting the hell out of the definition of pass rushing not me.

Sorry norm. You are obviously wron here. I am sorry you cannot see it. I am not distorting anything. Sorry bro, you are way off.

vCash
    Sorry norm. You are obviously wron here. I am sorry you cannot see it. I am not distorting anything. Sorry bro, you are way off.
    Sorry WK. You are obviously wrong here. I am sorry you cannot see it. I am not distorting anything. Sorry bro, you are way off because you think when someone is asked to pass rush and then stop pass rushing that it's still pass rushing but it's not.

Not sure how anyone could make sense out of that but you.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    I'm confused, were we talking football, basketball, or usernames? Believe it or not, none of them are logically connected to the other, and therefore have nothing to do with the logicality or illogicality of an individual's ideas in another area.... and that is assuming that (1) You even know what my username actually means and (2) It is literal and not hyperbole.

So, in reality, you just made yourself look utterly foolish and under-educated on issues of logic and reasoning. You also made yourself look presumptuous and closed-minded.

Man, you really did a number against your credibility with that foolish post. But... moving on to big-boy issues...

There are more I could add to the list of probables, anyways.

Sacks in last 2 years:

Jared Allen: 31
    Demarcus Ware: 30.5
    Aldon Smith: 33.5
    Von Miller: 27.5

So, he has a negligible lead over Allen and Ware over the last two seasons... and 5.5 came in one game.... so he hasn't even been as consistent as Allen and Ware.

That's my first observation.

Second observation?

Watt is on Smith's heels and that is without rushing the passer on every play because he regularly pulls up and stops going after the passer in order to put himself in position to knock the ball down, and 5 of his deflections have gone for INT.

Don't believe me? http://www.slate.com/articles/sports..._the_game.html

Tons of evidence.

Therefore, when rushing the passer, Watt is more versatile, impacts the game more, all the while sacking the quarterback almost as much as Smith, without pursuing the QB as much.

So, who is the better "pass-rusher"? Throw in the fact that he's doing it at 3-4 DE without the advantage of playing with Justin Smith... this season it seems obvious that Watt has been better at pass-rushing.

Maybe you weren't around PSD last year? SF fans have been crowning this kid #1 since about week 4 last year.
    Just out of curiosity, did you watch him play last year? Because using stats, when
    1. He's the leader? There's no denying that.
    2. He played a percentage of the snaps Von Miller or anybody else on that list played last year.

To be honest kind of glad kid will break the record for sacks in a season to little or no national fanfare. Should keep him humble and working towards a hall of fame career.

vCash
    BTW, this guy got butthurt when I said that his player is the third best pass-rusher in the entire NFL... you know, the elite of the elite, and this guy is one of the very, very, very best.....

But I'm the illogical homer. Gold.
    I'm confused, were we talking football, basketball, or usernames? Believe it or not, none of them are logically connected to the other, and therefore have nothing to do with the logicality or illogicality of an individual's ideas in another area.... and that is assuming that (1) You even know what my username actually means and (2) It is literal and not hyperbole.

So, in reality, you just made yourself look utterly foolish and under-educated on issues of logic and reasoning. You also made yourself look presumptuous and closed-minded.

Man, you really did a number against your credibility with that foolish post. But... moving on to big-boy issues...

You used the word butthurt in a post....and I'm doing a number against my credibility and your talking big boy issues.... Nice post make sure you're in bed before 11, or mom might get mad.

vCash

You used the word butthurt in a post....and I'm doing a number against my credibility and your talking big boy issues.... Nice post make sure you're in bed before 11, or mom might get mad.
    You misspelled a word here.

vCash
    Aldon Smith IS THE most premier pass rusher in the NFL, no doubt about it. I knew this kid would be special after eclipsing double digit sacks last year in his rookie season while not even being in the base defense.
    http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/457/493/124794470_display_image.jpg?1319152413

- EarthqWAKE!!!

vCash
    Smith, miller and wattt are all going to be great for a long time.

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphan View Post
    Aldon Smith IS THE most premier pass rusher in the NFL, no doubt about it. I knew this kid would be special after eclipsing double digit sacks last year in his rookie season while not even being in the base defense.
    Hopefully he develops into something special for sure.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    all done smith

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast