Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 145
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Camp Perkis
    Posts
    120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    I guess he is good.

    Lets see next season before we call him premier pass rusher.
    What more do you need to see? He has all the moves, has extreme strength, understands the system, the only flaw I could possibly nit pick about his game is that he could stand to get better in pass coverage, which hes not asked to do much. For a player who was a DE in College and just started playing LB last year, I really find it hard to argue against him being the most disruptive player in football. And for people using the Justin Smith helps him out big time argument, Is Ray Lewis not immensely helped by the presence of Haloti Ngata? Or Watt with the help of Barwin? If that's your argument, Deion Sanders cant be considered one of the top CBs of all time because he played on teams with good defensive lines.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    6,880
    vCash
    1500
    Two things:

    (1) This JoeDirt character is a joker.

    (2) SF people need to stop trying to shove Aldon Smith down everyone's throat. You've been trying since early last year.

    No. No. No. He is not the premier pass-rusher in the NFL. JJ Watt and Von Miller are better. He's probably #3.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Camp Perkis
    Posts
    120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    Two things:

    (1) This JoeDirt character is a joker.

    (2) SF people need to stop trying to shove Aldon Smith down everyone's throat. You've been trying since early last year.

    No. No. No. He is not the premier pass-rusher in the NFL. JJ Watt and Von Miller are better. He's probably #3.
    How are those guys better? Statistically speaking?

    And its not as tho people are talking about a player who doesnt have the stats, hes 3 sacks away from an all time record, and we're shoving him down peoples throats? If this guy was in NY he would be all over your T.V

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Camp Perkis
    Posts
    120
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    Two things:

    (1) This JoeDirt character is a joker.

    (2) SF people need to stop trying to shove Aldon Smith down everyone's throat. You've been trying since early last year.

    No. No. No. He is not the premier pass-rusher in the NFL. JJ Watt and Von Miller are better. He's probably #3.
    Just read your Screen name. Obvious youre a homer, as Wade is not near the caliber of Kobe Bryant, and I'll discontinue my argument, as its obvious you illogical.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perkis View Post
    Just read your Screen name. Obvious youre a homer, as Wade is not near the caliber of Kobe Bryant, and I'll discontinue my argument, as its obvious you illogical.
    This is going to piss him off so bad. Lol

    Nobody ever wants to debate football with him just talk about his avatar or screen name.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    6,880
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    This is going to piss him off so bad. Lol

    Nobody ever wants to debate football with him just talk about his avatar or screen name.
    I just love how utterly stupid some people really are. lol.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,654
    vCash
    1500
    From a pure, getting to the QB perspective, he has a case to presently be the top guy. Surpassing Bruce Smith and Reggie White for most sacks in first two years, and now scratching after the single season record? Hard to argue.

    That being said, guys like Watt and Miller are better all around players.


    Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    543
    vCash
    1500
    Aldon Smith excels with standard pressure
    Aldon Smith had two sacks against the Dolphins Sunday, bringing his league-leading total to 19.5. All of his sacks this season have come when the 49ers have sent four or fewer pass rushers and he has 7.5 sacks more than anybody else with standard press

    ^This stat is scary
    Last edited by PhlyHighPhilly; 12-10-2012 at 10:50 PM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PhlyHighPhilly View Post
    Aldon Smith excels with standard pressure
    Aldon Smith had two sacks against the Dolphins Sunday, bringing his league-leading total to 19.5. All of his sacks this season have come when the 49ers have sent four or fewer pass rushers and he has 7.5 sacks more than anybody else with standard press

    ^This stat is scary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCaTqvv0hQ8

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS1Sb_kiNtA(fast forward to 1:46)

    That's scary


    Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    6,880
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perkis View Post
    Just read your Screen name. Obvious youre a homer, as Wade is not near the caliber of Kobe Bryant, and I'll discontinue my argument, as its obvious you illogical.
    I'm confused, were we talking football, basketball, or usernames? Believe it or not, none of them are logically connected to the other, and therefore have nothing to do with the logicality or illogicality of an individual's ideas in another area.... and that is assuming that (1) You even know what my username actually means and (2) It is literal and not hyperbole.

    So, in reality, you just made yourself look utterly foolish and under-educated on issues of logic and reasoning. You also made yourself look presumptuous and closed-minded.

    Man, you really did a number against your credibility with that foolish post. But... moving on to big-boy issues...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Perkis View Post
    How are those guys better? Statistically speaking?
    There are more I could add to the list of probables, anyways.

    Sacks in last 2 years:

    Jared Allen: 31
    Demarcus Ware: 30.5
    Aldon Smith: 33.5
    Von Miller: 27.5

    So, he has a negligible lead over Allen and Ware over the last two seasons... and 5.5 came in one game.... so he hasn't even been as consistent as Allen and Ware.

    That's my first observation.

    Second observation?

    Watt is on Smith's heels and that is without rushing the passer on every play because he regularly pulls up and stops going after the passer in order to put himself in position to knock the ball down, and 5 of his deflections have gone for INT.

    Don't believe me? http://www.slate.com/articles/sports..._the_game.html

    Tons of evidence.

    Therefore, when rushing the passer, Watt is more versatile, impacts the game more, all the while sacking the quarterback almost as much as Smith, without pursuing the QB as much.

    So, who is the better "pass-rusher"? Throw in the fact that he's doing it at 3-4 DE without the advantage of playing with Justin Smith... this season it seems obvious that Watt has been better at pass-rushing.

    And its not as tho people are talking about a player who doesnt have the stats, hes 3 sacks away from an all time record, and we're shoving him down peoples throats? If this guy was in NY he would be all over your T.V
    Maybe you weren't around PSD last year? SF fans have been crowning this kid #1 since about week 4 last year.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,678
    vCash
    1500
    Watt is on Smith's heels and that is without rushing the passer on every play because he regularly pulls up and stops going after the passer in order to put himself in position to knock the ball down, and 5 of his deflections have gone for INT.
    He regularly pulls up when he can't get off his block in time to get there. That's not anything about being a better pass rusher IMO.

    Sounds like you went on about the rest of his game then swung back to bring up his position and that was your whole case.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    6,880
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    He regularly pulls up when he can't get off his block in time to get there. That's not anything about being a better pass rusher IMO.

    Sounds like you went on about the rest of his game then swung back to bring up his position and that was your whole case.
    It has nothing to do with not being able to get off his block. It has to do with being more versatile when rushing the passer that, instead of going to a second-move to beat the block, he has more options.

    That is, in fact, about being a better pass-rusher. Results when rushing the passer.

    If both players rush a passer, neither beat the block with the first move, player a goes to a second move and fails to get by the block while player b pulls up, sets himself up, and knocks the pass down....

    Why is that not a positive in player b's favor when rushing the passer?

    To say that's not anything about being a better pass-rusher is just blatantly false, norm. Both were rushing the passer, one had more success. Come on, you're better than that.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    It has nothing to do with not being able to get off his block. It has to do with being more versatile when rushing the passer that, instead of going to a second-move to beat the block, he has more options.

    That is, in fact, about being a better pass-rusher. Results when rushing the passer.

    If both players rush a passer, neither beat the block with the first move, player a goes to a second move and fails to get by the block while player b pulls up, sets himself up, and knocks the pass down....

    Why is that not a positive in player b's favor when rushing the passer?

    To say that's not anything about being a better pass-rusher is just blatantly false, norm.
    I've heard him say almost word for word that when he knows he can't get there he stops and watches the QB.

    I think Watt is a better player. I'm not convinced he's a better pass rusher.


    It's a positive for player b overall. Not in pass rusher. I don't overrate Charles Woodson in coverage because he can blitz. It's not the same thing. You're blending them together which isn't fair if we're talking about just pass rusher which I was thinking we were.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade>Kobe View Post
    I'm confused, were we talking football, basketball, or usernames? Believe it or not, none of them are logically connected to the other, and therefore have nothing to do with the logicality or illogicality of an individual's ideas in another area.... and that is assuming that (1) You even know what my username actually means and (2) It is literal and not hyperbole.

    So, in reality, you just made yourself look utterly foolish and under-educated on issues of logic and reasoning. You also made yourself look presumptuous and closed-minded.

    Man, you really did a number against your credibility with that foolish post. But... moving on to big-boy issues...



    There are more I could add to the list of probables, anyways.

    Sacks in last 2 years:

    Jared Allen: 31
    Demarcus Ware: 30.5
    Aldon Smith: 33.5
    Von Miller: 27.5

    So, he has a negligible lead over Allen and Ware over the last two seasons... and 5.5 came in one game.... so he hasn't even been as consistent as Allen and Ware.

    That's my first observation.

    Second observation?

    Watt is on Smith's heels and that is without rushing the passer on every play because he regularly pulls up and stops going after the passer in order to put himself in position to knock the ball down, and 5 of his deflections have gone for INT.

    Don't believe me? http://www.slate.com/articles/sports..._the_game.html

    Tons of evidence.

    Therefore, when rushing the passer, Watt is more versatile, impacts the game more, all the while sacking the quarterback almost as much as Smith, without pursuing the QB as much.

    So, who is the better "pass-rusher"? Throw in the fact that he's doing it at 3-4 DE without the advantage of playing with Justin Smith... this season it seems obvious that Watt has been better at pass-rushing.



    Maybe you weren't around PSD last year? SF fans have been crowning this kid #1 since about week 4 last year.
    To the first, sure he had 5.5 in a game, but otherwise he's still got about a sack per game which would still come out to 17 on a season which is about what the best rushers get year to year.

    Second, this seems to be a common misconception about Smith that all he does is rush. Is it what he is mainly asked to do? Yes, but his all around game has improved quite a bit, especially considering he's only two years at the OLB position.

    Thirdly, what Watt does is fantastic, not taking anything away, but the Texans defense up front is no slouch either. Cushing, Reed, Barwin, Brown, Mercilus in the wings, most defensive coordinators would salivate at having that kind of roster.


    Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    6,628
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know who wins dpoy this year, but I assure you it won't be Aldon.

    Can niners fans stop the hype please? The dude is a great pass rusher, but how many Miller/Watt threads do you see?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •