Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tennessee, Arkansas and Auburn Coaching Carousel

Just put it all in here guys.

Tennessee

- According to a local paper in Chattanooga the program has extended an offer to Jon Gruden that he has agreed to for his terms but they are still apart on the money paid to his assistants. Apparently he is expecting to have the highest paid coaching staff in the country.

- Other sources in Knoxville are saying that Butch Davis is another high profile guy on their list of interest. They are also said to be interested in Larry Fedora and Al Golden. But both of those coaches have come out recently and said they have no plans of leaving their current programs.

Arkansas

- I'm not hearing much about Arkansas after the whole deal with Les Miles.

Auburn

- Despite his comments numerous sources have reported that Charlie Strong did meet and interview for the position at Auburn.

- Bobby Petrino is also said to be in the mix at Auburn.

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Arkansas

- I'm not hearing much about Arkansas after the whole deal with Les Miles.
    I know quite a few Arkansas fans, here's what their rumor mill is saying:

* New Coach will be announced Monday or Tuesday

Names That Arkansas has thrown around:
    Petersen
    Patterson
    Gundy
    Strong
    Franklin
    Malzhan

I heard a lot about Franklin, probably because the Arky fans were taunting me that they were gonna steal my coach. Franklin didn't help the rumors about him with NCSU or Arky when he said on Nashville radio earlier this week that the question about him taking another job 'will be resolved in short order'.

I think Franklin is going to stay at Vandy, because Vandy does a great job of keeping coaches that are in demand (see: Corbin, Stallings). We have a shitton of money and because we're private, we don't announce what these guys make. Just realize we offered Malzhan 3M+ before we landed Franklin. Anyway, the Arky fans seem in the dark but those are the names that have been apparently under consideration.

Malzhan makes the most sense to me as Arky St. is right next door (so to speak).
    Last edited by YanksFan4Life; 11-30-2012 at 02:29 PM.

vCash
    - Despite his comments numerous sources have reported that Charlie Strong did meet and interview for the position at Auburn.
    Strong is furious @ Auburn for this, and is now likely out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan4Life View Post
    I know quite a few Arkansas fans, here's what their rumor mill is saying:

* New Coach will be announced Monday or Tuesday

Names That Arkansas has thrown around:
    Petersen
    Patterson
    Gundy
    Strong
    Franklin
    Malzhan

I heard a lot about Franklin, probably because the Arky fans were taunting me that they were gonna steal my coach. Franklin didn't help the rumors about him with NCSU or Arky when he said on Nashville radio earlier this week that the question about him taking another job 'will be resolved in short order'.

I think Franklin is going to stay at Vandy, because Vandy does a great job of keeping coaches that are in demand (see: Corbin, Stallings). We have a shitton of money and because we're private, we don't announce what these guys make. Just realize we offered Malzhan 3M+ before we landed Franklin. Anyway, the Arky fans seem in the dark but those are the names that have been apparently under consideration.

Malzhan makes the most sense to me as Arky St. is right next door (so to speak).
    It was reported that the AD at Vanderbilt said that they would make James Franklin the highest paid coach in the country if that is what it takes to keep him in Nashville. So money isn't an issue.

Gus Malzahn is the only one on that list that I could see leaving for Arkansas.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 11-30-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    It was reported that the AD at Vanderbilt said that they would make James Franklin the highest paid coach in the country if that is what it takes to keep him in Nashville. So money isn't an issue.

Gus Malzahn is the only one on that list that I could see leaving for Arkansas.
    WOW. Vandy is all in. And they have the money to do it, too. If I was looking for a coach, Franklin would be #1 on my list

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Latest I heard on Gruden to UT talks. (Gruden tells Vols ‘thanks, but no thanks' - per nbc sports)

Posted by John Taylor on November 30, 2012, 9:08 AM EST

In the post right below this one, we noted that curiously missing from one prominent gambling website’s odds on favorites to land the Tennessee job is the one individual most often connected to the opening.

Apparently, the degenerates know what the hell they’re talking about.

In the latest, and hopefully the last, dot connecting Jon Gruden to UT, the Chattanooga Times Free Press reported overnight that the Vols have made what’s described by sources close to the process as a very lucrative offer to the current ESPN personality. Based on the Chattanooga paper’s report, the only thing standing in the way of a consummation is money that would be devoted to assembling a coaching staff.

Or, ya know, the candidate actually agreeing to the opportunity in the first place.

According to Jimmy Hyams of WNML radio in Knoxville, Gruden, while he appreciated the opportunity, “is OUT as a candidate” for the Vols’ coaching job. Gruden reportedly informed UT officials of his decision after phone conversations — but apparently no face-to-face meetings — took place over the past week.

Hyams went on to write via Twitter that “UT athletic director Dave Hart will continue to interview candidates in New York next week.” An announcement on a new coach, per Hyams, is expected in the next 7-10 days....
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...but-no-thanks/

vCash
    Tennessee needs to go get Butch Jones from Cincinnati.....

(1) He is making $1.5 million a year at Cincinnati. The Vols can easily double that and pay his staff considerably more as well.

(2) The Big East has all but fell apart and is gonna lose their AQ status.

(3) Even if Cincinnati goes to the ACC then they will have a tougher time in that conference.

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    According to local radio here in Nashville the Vols have narrowed their coaching search down to Al Golden, Larry Fedora, Charlie Strong, Mike Gundy and Jimbo Fisher. Supposedly they have already interviewed Golden and Gundy.

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    James Franklin signs a new deal with Vanderbilt that puts him making $3-4 million a year and guarantees multiple facility upgrades including an indoor training facility, new locker rooms and expanded seating areas.

According to the article he was contact by and turned down Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, Colorado and Cal. The article says that he was offered $5 million a year from Arkansas.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/vandys...vanderbilt.php

WoW. Alabama DC Kirby Smart to interview for opening at Auburn. That sure as hell would make that rivalry interesting wouldn't it.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/...-search-104660

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    Arkansas gets Bret Bielema

Auburn hires Gus Malzahn

Tennessee expected to hire Charlie Strong

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    Arkansas gets Bret Bielema

Auburn hires Gus Malzahn

Tennessee expected to hire Charlie Strong

Sports talk radio here in Elizabethtown, KY said yesterday that Strong was more than likely going to take the job at Tennessee. I laughed at all the people that called in and said "They couldn't believe that Strong would leave a powerhouse like Louisville to take the Tennessee job". Even the host said it was a better job and didn't blame strong for jumping all over it. Strong currently makes 2.3 million annually at Louisville and will easily be over 3 at Tennessee. More money... better job... makes sense to stay at Louisville. These people up here prove to me daily how little they truly know about football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bullTitan View Post
    Sports talk radio here in Elizabethtown, KY said yesterday that Strong was more than likely going to take the job at Tennessee. I laughed at all the people that called in and said "They couldn't believe that Strong would leave a powerhouse like Louisville to take the Tennessee job". Even the host said it was a better job and didn't blame strong for jumping all over it. Strong currently makes 2.3 million annually at Louisville and will easily be over 3 at Tennessee. More money... better job... makes sense to stay at Louisville. These people up here prove to me daily how little they truly know about football.
    These coaching searches are always hilarious to witness. You have to know the rules....

(1) No coach ever interviewed for a job that went to somebody else.

(2) No program ever interviews anybody other than the person they hire.

(3) Every BCS program in the country is or has potential to be a top 10 program in the country.

(4) Despite what you believe to know about physics head football coaches can be in multiple places at the same time interviewing for different jobs according to reports on Twitter.

(5) Every BCS program in the country has the ability to offer more money than the other team.

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    It is believed that Charlie Strong is still expected to be the next football coach at Tennessee despite some reports that he has spent the day working on an extension and talking to his players. He was asked if he would be the coach at Louisville next season and he said he would answer that at an appropriate time which seemingly would at least make you think that he is thinking about leaving the program.

According to rumors online Charlie Strong met with Tennessee today and that they flew up there and are still up there in the area. Supposedly this was their second meeting.

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    So Charlie Strong pretty much uses Tennessee to get an extension from Louisville. Now Larry Fedora is taking his name out of the mix as well. Its getting to be slim pickings for Tennessee and its bad because now you have another big opening out there in Wisconsin that guys are maybe holding out interest.

Butch Jones - Has yet to be confirmed about Colorado
    Jimbo Fisher
    Al Golden
    Bo Pelini
    Dan Mullen
    Butch Davis
    Bobby Petrino
    Phil Fulmer
    Houston Nutt

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    So Charlie Strong pretty much uses Tennessee to get an extension from Louisville. Now Larry Fedora is taking his name out of the mix as well. Its getting to be slim pickings for Tennessee and its bad because now you have another big opening out there in Wisconsin that guys are maybe holding out interest.

Butch Jones - Has yet to be confirmed about Colorado
    Jimbo Fisher
    Al Golden
    Bo Pelini
    Dan Mullen
    Butch Davis
    Bobby Petrino
    Phil Fulmer
    Houston Nutt
    Well it would seem the people up here may have been right. Everything I am seeing up here is leaning towards Strong staying put in Louisville.That being said, I like the idea of Jimbo Fisher... Jimbo just rolls off the tongue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast