Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alabama

46 70.77%
  • Notre Dame

19 29.23%
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    vCash
    I like that there will be a playoff system but I think it should be 8 teams with games taking place the week after the conference championships.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Florida State scored 14 of their 20 points on drives of 26 and 25 yards. Field position gift wrapped courtesy of the University of Florida. So the argument could be made that Florida let FSU hang around in the third quarter.

And it's not like Florida should be punished for that fumble. E.J. Manuel, a redshirt senior, was flushed to his left by pressure from the right. A true freshman waxed him and he fumbled the ball. Florida made a play. That's a forced turnover and we made them pay for it.

Anyway both teams had plenty of short fields to work with and Florida won by 17 points in FSU's house. Period, end of story, don't bother arguing with it because you'll be wrong.

I get it. Florida overachieved. We could have been 12-0 this year and we could have been 7-5. We weren't fun to watch. Dominant defense, steaming **** offense. We won a couple of games we were fortunate to win. Florida State wasn't one of them.
    Actually they won by 11, but that's not the point. Your last paragraph is largely what I was saying. My issue with the game is that FSU was basically taken out of the game due to a blow to the head on the quarterback. Manuel didn't fumble because the ball was stripped, he fumbled because he got his bell rung badly.
    Last edited by Nymfan87; 01-09-2013 at 01:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behnke2017 View Post
    I like that there will be a playoff system but I think it should be 8 teams with games taking place the week after the conference championships.
    8 teams is too much for me. if you take the top 8 BCS teams then you're likely taking multiple teams with 2 losses. that lessens the regular season games. you play to win the games, even if Notre Dame had games they were lucky to win, they still went 12-0 during the season and that makes them much more deserving than any 2 loss team.

I don't like the long lay off between the end of the season and the championship game. I know both teams have to deal with it, but that's how you get a team playing completely different than how they were during the season. Notre Dame's last game of the season was November 24 at USC. that's just crazy. you can practice, but practice isn't game. 43 days between games. no wonder the Notre Dame team in the championship game didn't play the same as they did during the season.
    what's the reason teams can't play important bowl games the week before Christmas?

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    I've always thought 6. Top 2 with a bye. That way the you still play for a bye.

I seriously think if they get to 8 teams people will COMPLAIN that too many 2 loss teams get in and that you don't have to worry anymore about losing once or twice if you started ranked high.

People complain about anything.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I've always thought 6. Top 2 with a bye. That way the you still play for a bye.

I seriously think if they get to 8 teams people will COMPLAIN that too many 2 loss teams get in and that you don't have to worry anymore about losing once or twice if you started ranked high.

People complain about anything.
    I think that would have been awesome this year.

1st Round
    Florida vs Stanford
    Oregon vs KSU

Likely 2nd Round
    ND vs Stanford
    Alabama vs Oregon

That would have made for some exciting matchups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post

1st Round
    Florida vs Stanford
    Oregon vs KSU

Likely 2nd Round
    ND vs Stanford
    Alabama vs Oregon

I think it's the best way to go. I totally stole that idea from one of the ESPN or FOX radio guys, can't remember who anymore but to me that would have made a ton of sense.

Looking at those match ups just gets me excited now that you write it down like that.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post

1st Round
    Florida vs Stanford
    Oregon vs KSU

Likely 2nd Round
    ND vs Stanford
    Alabama vs Oregon

That would be interesting. That Florida/Stanford match up would be great. If Stanford got by them, then I think they would get revenge against the Irish. Alabama would take care of Oregon much like LSU did last year, and Stanford did this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Stanford/Alabama National Title.

vCash
    That would not have been the Top 6 because some teams played a 13th game prior to their bowl, while others did not. The last BCS poll of the regular season had ND, Bama, UGA, UF, Oregon, and K-State. This final AP poll was probably most accurate, since many would agree that A&M is one of the six best teams in the country.

It's all moving towards four superconferences -- every program that wants to play big boy football can get in and rest will get out. 8 teams, four champs and four at large, then settle it on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behnke2017 View Post
    I like the 8 game scenario, but I would also like to do away the conference championships. This would prevent strong conferences from eliminating strong teams in their conference from the playoff picture. If you win your division, you win your division. If you are one of the top ranked teams, you go to the playoffs. If you're not one of the top 8 teams, you go to a bowl game.
    The following would have been the matchups w/eight teams and no conference championship.

ND vs Stanford
    Bama vs LSU
    Georgia vs KSU
    Florida vs Oregon

This would have been the 8 team matchup w/conference championships

ND vs LSU
    Bama vs Georgia
    Florida vs Stanford
    Oregon vs KSU

vCash
    A couple of SEC schools are already fighting to eliminate the cross-divisional rivalries. I can only imagine the reaction if they do away with the SECCG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    That would not have been the Top 6 because some teams played a 13th game prior to their bowl, while others did not. The last BCS poll of the regular season had ND, Bama, UGA, UF, Oregon, and K-State. This final AP poll was probably most accurate, since many would agree that A&M is one of the six best teams in the country.

It's all moving towards four superconferences -- every program that wants to play big boy football can get in and rest will get out. 8 teams, four champs and four at large, then settle it on the field.
    I just did the final poll after the championship games. I assume the proposed 4 team playoff is going to be done that way right? It would be weird if say Alabama was the number one seed and they lose to Georgia (I hope you like this example) in the SECCG and then they still are the number one team in the playoff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    8 teams is too much for me. if you take the top 8 BCS teams then you're likely taking multiple teams with 2 losses. that lessens the regular season games. you play to win the games, even if Notre Dame had games they were lucky to win, they still went 12-0 during the season and that makes them much more deserving than any 2 loss team.

I don't like the long lay off between the end of the season and the championship game. I know both teams have to deal with it, but that's how you get a team playing completely different than how they were during the season. Notre Dame's last game of the season was November 24 at USC. that's just crazy. you can practice, but practice isn't game. 43 days between games. no wonder the Notre Dame team in the championship game didn't play the same as they did during the season.
    what's the reason teams can't play important bowl games the week before Christmas?
    Because all of the tourist communities where the games happen would make less money because more people want to travel the week after Christmas. The bowl games happen when they do because of tourism. The game itself is incidental.

It is the same reason you will never see a Bowl game in a Northern Climate...

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051