37. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

22 59.46%
  • New England Patriots

15 40.54%
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    It depends on who you are talking about on the o-line. Anthony Davis, for instance, is tremendously underrated because his first two seasons weren't very good. This year, he is playing as good as any RT in the NFL. The sack that was given up on his side this week was actually on LaMichael James. I also think Boone is underrated. He's playing great at RG for us. I think Iupati has been a bit disappointing this year.
    I'm talking about as a whole. Our QBs frequently have little time to actually throw the ball. Run blocking isn't too bad tho.

vCash
    So Dobbs to IR.

2 Roster spots:

McCoy takes one, who takes the other? Practice squad call up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    So Dobbs to IR.

2 Roster spots:

McCoy takes one, who takes the other? Practice squad call up?
    Personally I would like to see Hall called up. Little slot guy and I have a soft spot for former Military. Even if he got a reprieve after teh Academy...4 yrs of that crap can't be fun.

Did they sign McCoy? Kind of surprising. They had Dobbs as basically the backup DE when they were in the Nickel. Kind of thought they would go with Edwards for some reason. I don't care either way...that's just what I was expecting.

vCash
    Well won't be McCoy...he just failed the physical.

vCash
    Nevermind then, lol. All signs were pointing to him so we will just have to wait and see now.

I doubt Ray Edwards is added.

vCash
    I couldn't care less what the pats did to the Texans for one i dont believe the Texans are that good. Cupcake schedule extremely overrated d and a middle of the pack qb.

One week were decimating the jets then lose/tie to the lambs who respond by getting dominated by the same jets team we steamrolled **** like that happens every week. So i for one have no concerns over what they just did to the Texans.

What does worry me is playing them in freezing fox borough in december and the lackadaisical offensive game plan we might throw at them. I truly believe the D can contain brady like they did to the other true elite A-Rod. So Take away the pass over the middle, put pressure on brady, control the clock and we will win. Easier said then done but i got a good feeling about this one and all streaks end sometime who better then us?
    49ersssss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I'm talking about as a whole. Our QBs frequently have little time to actually throw the ball. Run blocking isn't too bad tho.
    As a whole, our run blocking is excellent. 5.3 yards per carry and 161.5 yards per game testify to that.

vCash
    McCoy didn't pass his physical so he won't be signing with the team.
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks

vCash
    As a whole, our run blocking is excellent. 5.3 yards per carry and 161.5 yards per game testify to that.
    my concern isn't with the run game, it's the pass protection

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    They have to be firing on all cylinders to win this game. Rogers better read routes well and make plays, you know they will try to burn him. I have a feeling Roman and Harbaugh unleash the playbook Sunday night. 49ers are going to come out fired up!

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    my concern isn't with the run game, it's the pass protection
    I don't think it's as bad as you are suggesting. When Alex was the QB, a lot of those sacks were on him. We didn't give up any sacks in the Saints game. The last two teams we played are in the top 4 in generating sacks, so that probably has skewed your opinion. One of the sacks in the Miami game was on LaMichael James blowing an assignment, not the o-line by the way.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    I don't think it's as bad as you are suggesting. When Alex was the QB, a lot of those sacks were on him. We didn't give up any sacks in the Saints game. The last two teams we played are in the top 4 in generating sacks, so that probably has skewed your opinion. One of the sacks in the Miami game was on LaMichael James blowing an assignment, not the o-line by the way.
    A thousand times this!

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImgoodHarbaughU View Post
    I truly believe the D can contain brady like they did to the other true elite A-Rod.
    I'm sorry, but especially in this scenario... Rodgers isn't in Brady's league. Rodgers takes, literally, twice as many sacks and has coughed the ball up twice as often. You don't simply contain Tom Brady.

The Patriots run game is also insanely underrated, and NE can and should use that to their advantage....Ridley hits the hole hard and fast and has tremendous upside. A luxury Rodgers, Brees and Matt Staff couldn't compare with.

I know it sounds like loserball, but to have a prayer, we need to root for drops, mental errors, and flukey turnovers. Things that don't happen often with this team. We're not going to stop them talent v. talent. Again, I'm not being negative, but I watch every game for both of these teams, every week. Trust me when I say: It's going to get ugly.
    Last edited by GoBruins17; 12-11-2012 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    And I mean, getting out-coached is going to be an understatement. The closest thing we'll have to a good thing going for us is Vic. And Vic will do alright, but there's only so much scheming that can outdo the pure talent on the other side of the ball.

Look, I love Jim, obviously...but the Rah-Rah intense players' buddy doesn't translate to being a student of the game that is nearly the caliber of Belichick.

Josh McDaniels has rediscovered his groove and the Pats are smooth operating the fastest tempo offense in the league. Meanwhile, Greg is on pace to struggle getting his stubborn head out of his butt. What the Pats lack in secondary talent, they make up for in complicated scheme. They eat new QBs alive. Though an unfamiliar Smith would fare no better.

vCash
    I know I'm going to be super unpopular on this thread. But I calls it like I sees it.

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast