37. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

22 59.46%
  • New England Patriots

15 40.54%
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    Yeah. We need to be ready for a shoot out if we have any chance. And that's without Gronk or Edelman.

We need pressure on Brady. That's also key.
    New York Giants have shown the formula to beating Brady, and that's bringing pressure with four guys, especially pressure up the middle. If you can make it hard for Brady to step up in the pocket you can beat him.

I'd expect to see some stunts with the Smith Brothers so Aldon can come right up the middle at Brady. Good news is that's their bread and butter.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD-ybPAIW6s

Aldon better take care of himself or he is gona end up like Iverson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    When Welker catches the ball, Goldson and Whitner need to blow him up a couple times early to make him think when he catches the ball. That will slow him down a bit.
    I was thinking this also. Goldson has done better than he ever has with this lately. I'm not a fan of "enforcer" kind of hits, but on a guy like Welker...I have no issues. He's good...but he's an arrogant, snotty little turd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    New York Giants have shown the formula to beating Brady, and that's bringing pressure with four guys, especially pressure up the middle. If you can make it hard for Brady to step up in the pocket you can beat him.

I'd expect to see some stunts with the Smith Brothers so Aldon can come right up the middle at Brady. Good news is that's their bread and butter.
    All good points. Man I hope the Niners slaughter 'em!!

vCash
    We need to sit Sopoaga a lot in this game and go a lot of a 4 man fronts with The Smiths RayMac and Brooks. Spread Bowman out on Hernandez and leave Willis in the middle.

I would personally like to see Cully on Welker because I think Rogers can shut load down pretty easily. Whitner is going to have to play in the box and lay some big *** hits in this game while Goldson will have to play a bit deeper. The Patriots obviously have a damn good offense, but we have a damn good defense, against the pass. Patriots should be 1 dimensional against us, so I see us really getting to Brady and rocking him a few times, and I see Welker with quite a few drops as well....GUNA HEAR SOME FOOTSTEPS...
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    The problem with Brady is he has a very fast release. We need to make sure to bump his receivers coming off the line to interrupt their routes, and give Aldon/Justin/Brooks/etc... a an extra second or two to try and get in at him. Brady isn't afraid to stand in their and deliver the ball, so I think we'll have to be very careful to not get any roughing the passer penalties. Of course both Brown and Cully are going to need to be all on their game. And no YAC... they are going to get catches, but we can't allow them to advance the ball after that.

People discount NE's defense... but they are pretty good, and get turnovers regularly. Kaep is going to have to play the best game of his carer if we stand a chance. I won't be surprised if he get's at least 1 int, and possibly a fumble too. If he does.... I don't know if we can win.

Best thing I can say is our D normally plays just as well in the 4th as they do in the 1st, and that may be our saving grace. Brady wear's down D's and then scores at will on them late in games.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    Well, which trend will overpower?

Ever since their home opener to week 2's version of the Cardinals, New England averages exactly 40 points per game at home....73 points on Houston and Denver's top 5 D's no problem.

#4 Houston.. 42
    #5 Denver.. 31
    #19 NY Jets.. 29
    #23 Indianapolis.. 59
    #27 Buffalo.. 39

Like I said....'Slowing them down' would be allowing 30 points. So will the offense get to 30+ with a wet football (looks like more rain) and the built in adversity of our playbook?
    The only one of those games that means anything to me is the Denver game. Houston's defense hasn't been the same since it lost Cushing. We put up 34 against the Jets on their field. We put up 45 against the Bills. The Colts defense is lousy.

To suggest that SF doesn't have a chance in this game is just absurd. I don't care if you predict that the Pats will win, but suggesting that SF doesn't have a chance? Come on man!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    The problem with Brady is he has a very fast release. We need to make sure to bump his receivers coming off the line to interrupt their routes, and give Aldon/Justin/Brooks/etc... a an extra second or two to try and get in at him. Brady isn't afraid to stand in their and deliver the ball, so I think we'll have to be very careful to not get any roughing the passer penalties. Of course both Brown and Cully are going to need to be all on their game. And no YAC... they are going to get catches, but we can't allow them to advance the ball after that.

People discount NE's defense... but they are pretty good, and get turnovers regularly. Kaep is going to have to play the best game of his carer if we stand a chance. I won't be surprised if he get's at least 1 int, and possibly a fumble too. If he does.... I don't know if we can win.

Best thing I can say is our D normally plays just as well in the 4th as they do in the 1st, and that may be our saving grace. Brady wear's down D's and then scores at will on them late in games.
    I don't necessarily agree with this. I think he needs to play well, but the unit that needs to play their best is the o line. Pass pro and getting a good push in the running game is very important. NEs offense is very very good, but they really seem to feed of opponents miscues. Early last night Houston dropped a long 3d down pass, held on a NE 3d down and flubbed an easy fumble recovery. NE capitalized, but the key is not being stupid. If a ball is on the ground in a crowd...fall on it. Don't try to pick it up and run. It's the offense's job to score. NE is a very good team, but is also very beatable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with this. I think he needs to play well, but the unit that needs to play their best is the o line. Pass pro and getting a good push in the running game is very important. NEs offense is very very good, but they really seem to feed of opponents miscues. Early last night Houston dropped a long 3d down pass, held on a NE 3d down and flubbed an easy fumble recovery. NE capitalized, but the key is not being stupid. If a ball is on the ground in a crowd...fall on it. Don't try to pick it up and run. It's the offense's job to score. NE is a very good team, but is also very beatable.
    Kaep has started 4 games... this one will need to be his best. I don't see how there is much up for question there, because if you don't think our offense has to put up at least 30 points this game... then, I want you to share what you've been smoking.

As far as I'm concerned this game belongs to NE, the 49ers have to go into their house break down the door, shoot their dog, and beat them to death with their own Christmas tree if we want to win.

While I would feel a little better if Alex was starting, it wouldn't change that picture much at all.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theproof View Post
    Haven't had a team score over 26 on us all season. Let's hope that trend continues.
    Also haven't played the top scoring offense in football in the snow all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Also haven't played the top scoring offense in football in the snow all season.
    lol and you think the snow is going to help the offense over the defense?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    The only one of those games that means anything to me is the Denver game. Houston's defense hasn't been the same since it lost Cushing. We put up 34 against the Jets on their field. We put up 45 against the Bills. The Colts defense is lousy.

To suggest that SF doesn't have a chance in this game is just absurd. I don't care if you predict that the Pats will win, but suggesting that SF doesn't have a chance? Come on man!
    completely agree! take into account the Niner have been just as filthy in primetime games. they are gonna be ready for this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    lol and you think the snow is going to help the offense over the defense?
    When the offense is used to playing in it and the defense isn't, it can't really be considered a huge defensive advantage.

vCash
    I think the key to a 9er win is ball control. They have to keep drives alive and control the clock. No 3rd down conversions like last week will equal getting slaughtered by Brady.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Kaep has started 4 games... this one will need to be his best. I don't see how there is much up for question there, because if you don't think our offense has to put up at least 30 points this game... then, I want you to share what you've been smoking.
    As far as I'm concerned this game belongs to NE, the 49ers have to go into their house break down the door, shoot their dog, and beat them to death with their own Christmas tree if we want to win.

While I would feel a little better if Alex was starting, it wouldn't change that picture much at all.
    First and foremost...I don't smoke anything.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I do think they need to score 30 pts. I also think that is very possible if he plays well and the o-line plays well. 30 pts is not as hard to come by as it seems. Recently the coaching staff doesn't seem to really be trying to score much which is why I am concerned. I agree NE is good, but I do think you're giving them a little more credit than they deserve. Granted it was a while back...but this is the same team that lost to Arizona at home.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast