37. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

22 59.46%
  • New England Patriots

15 40.54%
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    I figured everyone would be interested in my breakfast, lunch and dinner today!

That's ok, I'm ray: that Kaep makes me eat crow for my words in my sig!
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    That's ok, I'm ray: that Kaep makes me eat crow for my words in my sig!
    If he doesn't, Alex wouldn't have won it either

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    If he doesn't, Alex wouldn't have won it either
    Yea...but see that's the thing.

There are critics who are so convinced that this will blow up in our face...that they're rooting for it to happen. But they can only make a fair evaluation by explaining how Alex would have brought more to the table. You can't simply deduct that if Kaep loses a playoff game that Alex would have won.

And even still...our seeding and matchups make a difference by the switch now.

I absolutely don't think Alex wins that game last night, and I STRONGLY QUESTION if he would have won in New Orleans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    Yea...but see that's the thing.

There are critics who are so convinced that this will blow up in our face...that they're rooting for it to happen. But they can only make a fair evaluation by explaining how Alex would have brought more to the table. You can't simply deduct that if Kaep loses a playoff game that Alex would have won.

And even still...our seeding and matchups make a difference by the switch now.

I absolutely don't think Alex wins that game last night, and I STRONGLY QUESTION if he would have won in New Orleans.
    Nor can you deduct that if Kaep won a throw off, that Alex wouldn't have... or wouldn't have changed the game and still won.

I think Alex could have won both those games, and the Rams games... but he would NOT have won the game like Kaep did last night. That is the only thing I can be certain of.

vCash
    Nor can you deduct that if Kaep won a throw off, that Alex wouldn't have... or wouldn't have changed the game and still won.

I think Alex could have won both those games, and the Rams games... but he would NOT have won the game like Kaep did last night. That is the only thing I can be certain of.
    Alex was down 7 when he left the Rams game. Kap brought them back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221:24778230

Alex was down 7 when he left the Rams game. Kap brought them back.
    And he just drove them and threw a TD with a concussion. He has been known to cone back from behind.

vCash
    Eh can we just drop the qb controversy? For me, the big test for Kap was last night and he passed, so I'm good now.

True MVP 49ers 2012

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Kaep earned big points with me with the way he came right back after Brady's flurry of points. Threw that dagger down the middle to Crabtree. Just so much arm strength. Borderline ridiculous. Then makes pre snap read to go to Crabtree on the hitch, letting Crabtree do what he does best. God damn he's going to be scary when it all comes together for him. I mean with more and more experience. Think about a year or two from now. His only "weakness" is experience. He literally has everything. Feels like I created a QB for my franchise on madden lol.

End LOLPhillies type rant.

vCash
    And he just drove them and threw a TD with a concussion. He has been known to cone back from behind.
    "Known" is a little strong...Of course you have to lobotomize yourself of his 1st 6 years to start.

And then last year, I'll give him the Eagles game and the Saints game, no doubt.

The Lions game, Alex was pretty bad. Frank's 9.2 yards/carry and some key defensive stops kept us competitive that day. He went 2/3 for 10 yards on that game winning drive, and if Delanie's knee/ball is down a foot short of where it was, we lose, Alex finishes the game with a sub 50 passer rating, and "Clutch! Clutch!" is not a famous soundbyte from last year. Interestingly, if Delanie MAKES the catch on the ball Kaep put right in his hands this year against the Rams, Colin is still unbeaten. But I digress...

Other than that, I can't think of many times he's put us on his shoulders from behind...so known? I would be hesitant to call it his M.O.!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    When is the last time Smith threw for 4 TDs? The snap fumbles are not bonehead mistakes, the INT was, but you can't really fault a guy for having issues with under center snaps with a wet ball when the center is really rocking the ball back hard to try and block Wilfork.
    At his defense i dont think he's ever taken a snap under center in such bad conditions.

vCash
    I'm aboard the Kaep train. I still feel Smith was wronged, but it's time to move on
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06:24782018
    I'm aboard the Kaep train. I still feel Smith was wronged, but it's time to move on
    Yep. But people will bring up Smith every week sarcasticly (lolPhillies) so it will never end.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Very true
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I'm drawing a blank right now on which play it was, but how loud was that booing? it was loud as **** on my TV, so couldn't imagine how loud it was in the game

vCash
    all i can say about the QB discussion is... I have NEVER seen Alex have the accuracy on the downfield throws that Kap has. At least not with any regularity. He's high, he's low, he's wide. However CK is usually on the money. I still think VD short armed the one deep throw against NE. The other was over his head.

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast