37. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Francisco 49ers

22 59.46%
  • New England Patriots

15 40.54%
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    When the offense is used to playing in it and the defense isn't, it can't really be considered a huge defensive advantage.
    It's not an offensive advantage either. Slippery fields/football does not equate into an offensive advantage. Especially when the opposing teams defensive line makes the offensive like look like their wearing skates on a good playing field...how do you think the Patriots are going to do against the bull rush of Justin Smith and Aldon Smith?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    First and foremost...I don't smoke anything.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I do think they need to score 30 pts. I also think that is very possible if he plays well and the o-line plays well. 30 pts is not as hard to come by as it seems. Recently the coaching staff doesn't seem to really be trying to score much which is why I am concerned. I agree NE is good, but I do think you're giving them a little more credit than they deserve. Granted it was a while back...but this is the same team that lost to Arizona at home.
    Patriots in December is a whole different monster, but I get what you're saying.

Patriots are beatable. They have a formula on how to beat them. Take away the short quick pass, and get a pass rush. Do that, Patriots can be beat. Easier said than done, of course
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    bruins is in for a wake up call. Niners won't be competitive? NE has many weapons but they have never faced a defense of this caliber lately, and let's be serious, if the Oline holds their ground, they have no answer for all the Niners threats. Crabtree, Moss, and VD can all make plays. Kaepernick needs time to sling it and Gore and James will find holes. Obviously they will abuse Rogers but I have faith in Culliver stepping up, and Aldon Smith will find and dominate Brady.

If they beat us, then they beat us but to say that the Red and Gold have no chance is irresponsible.
    Our OL is overrated. Threats? That's what us fans call them, but 2 of our major threats (Moss, VD) have been MIA almost all year. The only threats we really have is Crabtree and Gore.

Rogers is going to get worked this game. We're all going be wishing he was cut after this game. That's my prediction. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    If we win it's a major statement and I will be back on the Harbaugh bandwagon and I'll forgive Roman.
    WHAT KYLE? FORGIVE ROMAN? lol

It's going to take a SB win for me to forgive Roman b/c if we lose, Roman's getting my blame. lol CK could throw 5 INTs and Gore have 3 fumbles and I'll still blame Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    I think the key to a 9er win is ball control. They have to keep drives alive and control the clock. No 3rd down conversions like last week will equal getting slaughtered by Brady.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Our OL is overrated. Threats? That's what us fans call them, but 2 of our major threats (Moss, VD) have been MIA almost all year. The only threats we really have is Crabtree and Gore.

Rogers is going to get worked this game. We're all going be wishing he was cut after this game. That's my prediction. lol

WHAT KYLE? FORGIVE ROMAN? lol

It's going to take a SB win for me to forgive Roman b/c if we lose, Roman's getting my blame. lol CK could throw 5 INTs and Gore have 3 fumbles and I'll still blame Roman.

Exactly.
    There is one way of covering Welker to limit what he does against us...and thats force him to the middle of the field. Welker runs option routes, and he hurts most teams when he runs an out route, because there is no defense there to help tackle him. Forcing him to the middle of the field gives Willis/Bowman/Whitner/Goldson all a chance to lay the smack on him. If Rogers plays Welker straight up, he will be eaten alive. If Rogers plays the outside shoulder of Welker, that will force Welker to go inside where our ILB's will be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    There is one way of covering Welker to limit what he does against us...and thats force him to the middle of the field. Welker runs option routes, and he hurts most teams when he runs an out route, because there is no defense there to help tackle him. Forcing him to the middle of the field gives Willis/Bowman/Whitner/Goldson all a chance to lay the smack on him. If Rogers plays Welker straight up, he will be eaten alive. If Rogers plays the outside shoulder of Welker, that will force Welker to go inside where our ILB's will be
    Man it would be freaking awesome to see that little twirp get lit up. Like Doucet style!

vCash
    First and foremost...I don't smoke anything.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I do think they need to score 30 pts. I also think that is very possible if he plays well and the o-line plays well. 30 pts is not as hard to come by as it seems. Recently the coaching staff doesn't seem to really be trying to score much which is why I am concerned. I agree NE is good, but I do think you're giving them a little more credit than they deserve. Granted it was a while back...but this is the same team that lost to Arizona at home.
    Good, and it was really just a saying.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Patriots in December is a whole different monster, but I get what you're saying.

Patriots are beatable. They have a formula on how to beat them. Take away the short quick pass, and get a pass rush. Do that, Patriots can be beat. Easier said than done, of course
    And I agree with Rap here... Pat in December are a different team than the one that lost at home to the Cards and on the road to Seattle (BTW, yet another reason I hate the Pats.... )

This game reminds me a bit of the Saints playoff game. While I'm sure our D will step up, Brady & Co will make plays and get points. So my biggest worry is if our offense can put up enough points to counter what Brady puts up. After watching LMJ last week I feel our running game is getting back on track with the lose of Hunter, however with Williams out and Manningham still doubtful (might have been changed to questionable, not sure) and since we haven't yet seen Jenkins do anything.... I'm worried about out passing attack, and that Kaep might be trying to force throws he shouldn't.

When I saw this game on our schedule, it was one of those I marked as a possible loss, however I had the game in Seattle as a win as well as both Rams games. Now that I'm questioning the Seattle one and we lost & tied the Rams, I'm much more worried this one.

But, if we beat NE and then go into Seattle and win.... I think we stand a really good chance of winning all the way out. ray:
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Man it would be freaking awesome to see that little twirp get lit up. Like Doucet style!
    That's the way you play Welker, unless you have a just as speedy corner on him who can stay with him step for step (which Rogers can not)...otherwise, you force him to where you have the most help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    It depends on who you are talking about on the o-line. Anthony Davis, for instance, is tremendously underrated because his first two seasons weren't very good. This year, he is playing as good as any RT in the NFL. The sack that was given up on his side this week was actually on LaMichael James. I also think Boone is underrated. He's playing great at RG for us. I think Iupati has been a bit disappointing this year.

vCash
    I know I don't post here often but I digress. While a 9er fan through and through, I am a layman when it comes to football details and strategy.

What worries me most about the next two games is the 9er offense. The lack of utilizing Kaep's arm and VDs abilities is more than disconcerting. Is it a lack of aggressive play by the players or is the play calling by Roman?

Especially after watching the Pats dismantle the Texans D and shut down their O, I'm extremely concerned about the 9ers ability to succeed this Sunday as both the Texans and 9ers play very similar, if not exactly the same, styles of football.

The Seattle game scares the crap out of me too. It seems Kaep is wise beyond his years but he faltered against the Rams (again, not sure if it's the players or the coaches fault) and I think it is safe to say SEA is the toughest place to play in the league. Given our recent problems with getting the play off before penalty, SEA may be a tougher opponent especially since it has been moved to SNF so you know the crowd is going to be raucous. Just some thoughts on the next two games, take them for what you will but is there some solace out there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Good, and it was really just a saying.

And I agree with Rap here... Pat in December are a different team than the one that lost at home to the Cards and on the road to Seattle (BTW, yet another reason I hate the Pats.... )

This game reminds me a bit of the Saints playoff game. While I'm sure our D will step up, Brady & Co will make plays and get points. So my biggest worry is if our offense can put up enough points to counter what Brady puts up. After watching LMJ last week I feel our running game is getting back on track with the lose of Hunter, however with Williams out and Manningham still doubtful (might have been changed to questionable, not sure) and since we haven't yet seen Jenkins do anything.... I'm worried about out passing attack, and that Kaep might be trying to force throws he shouldn't.

When I saw this game on our schedule, it was one of those I marked as a possible loss, however I had the game in Seattle as a win as well as both Rams games. Now that I'm questioning the Seattle one and we lost & tied the Rams, I'm much more worried this one.

But, if we beat NE and then go into Seattle and win.... I think we stand a really good chance of winning all the way out. ray:
    Well, considering if we beat NE and Seattle that a home game vs Arizona is all that is left, yeah we will win out lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Well, considering if we beat NE and Seattle that a home game vs Arizona is all that is left, yeah we will win out lol
    I mean until February.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Some ppl have no faith in the team they claim to root for

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Did the SF Giants give up? Did Jesus give up? Well?..

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Welker plays in the slot. Rogers covers the slot receiver for SF. Fangio doesn't move DBs around to match them up against specific players.
    Oh interesting, I know Cully has been playing on the outside but for some reason I thought I saw him in the slot a few times this season. Probably mixing it up with last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    Did the SF Giants give up? Did Jesus give up? Well?..
    I'm still scratching my head over the 2010 and 2012 seasons. I love it though!

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast