Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Bogut

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    In response to my message above, I did some research. Aside from those 2 injuries, Bogut has not been injury prone very much. He has actually been relatively healthy. In the 5 other seasons not counting the major elbow injury and ankle injury, he has only missed a total of 33 other games. Was perfect in his rookie season, missed 16 in his 2nd season, only missed 4 in his 3rd season, missed 13 in 09-10, and only missed one game in the lockout year. So he wasn't perfect, but he wasn't just injured all the time and missing half a season for no good reason. But he has been playing in the games above 90 percent of the time, not counting those 2 freak accidents. 33 games in 5 years is less than 7 missed games a year. Not too bad compared to what we have got from him. The other 2 injuries were legitimate freak accidents.
    nice post odp, i didn't know any of that.

i agree with Lloyd, Bogut could be our best player, he's that good. He was 3rd team all-NBA one year. But Curry and Lee are playing like MVPs, let alone all-stars. They just tore apart Chris Paul and Blake Griffin.

With Bogut back we'd have a legit big-3. He would make us even better defensively and rebounding-wise. He's such a good team player offensively so I think he'd fit great. Defensively he'd make his biggest impact though anchoring us and making us better against big teams like Memphis, OKC and Lakers.
    '
    I can't believe I'm saying this but if we get Bogut back we could be contenders for a championship. Things be a changin in the bay just like MJ said.
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

vCash
    The game was so sick last night, talk about a statement game. If Lee and Curry are not both all-stars, it'd be the biggest crime in NBA history. Lee is the only 20/10 player in the league and Curry has been the best point guard in the league IMO, he just schooled Chris Paul for Christ's sake.
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

vCash
    LMAO- there are still people who will look up useless info to try and prove bogut isnt injury prone. they are the same people who are saying he hasnt suffered any setbacks to this day. People need to look at the hard fact that currently infront of them.... bogut isnt playing and we dont know when he will play. it isnt even a sure thing that he will be back this season.....he is being paid 13 million a yr to milk an injury that should ahve taken 8-12 weeks from last january to recover from for 99% of human beings.

he could retire at the end of this yr.... and people would still be saying that there hasnt been a setback and the trade was still a good move.

monta and udoh could have been traded to the cavs for the number 4 pick and anderson valarjo. warriors could have still taken green with the 35th pick and been better off.... so dont act like the only other option was to keep ellis forever and not trade him anywhere.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Did any of you go this game?

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Did any of you go this game?
    looked into it actually... but tickets were not easy to come by as of this last weekend and the ones available were not cheap. 85-95 bucks for lower bowl corners

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    LMAO- there are still people who will look up useless info to try and prove bogut isnt injury prone. they are the same people who are saying he hasnt suffered any setbacks to this day. People need to look at the hard fact that currently infront of them.... bogut isnt playing and we dont know when he will play. it isnt even a sure thing that he will be back this season.....he is being paid 13 million a yr to milk an injury that should ahve taken 8-12 weeks from last january to recover from for 99% of human beings.

he could retire at the end of this yr.... and people would still be saying that there hasnt been a setback and the trade was still a good move.

monta and udoh could have been traded to the cavs for the number 4 pick and anderson valarjo. warriors could have still taken green with the 35th pick and been better off.... so dont act like the only other option was to keep ellis forever and not trade him anywhere.

You're still saying he's milkin it huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    You're still saying he's milkin it huh?
    LOL well he is still sitting out???.... lol why would my theory change... the way he can prove he isnt injury prone is by playing atleast 70 games a season (which he wont do this yr... even if we do go deep into the playoffs)

70 games isnt that much to ask out of a guy you are paying 13 million is it??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    LOL well he is still sitting out???.... lol why would my theory change... the way he can prove he isnt injury prone is by playing atleast 70 games a season (which he wont do this yr... even if we do go deep into the playoffs)

70 games isnt that much to ask out of a guy you are paying 13 million is it??

Don't you want him to come back healthy? Just because his ankle hurts doesn't mean he's injury prone. Injury prone is when you always have a bad back, a pulled hamstring, knees hurting, etc...

vCash
    I don't believe Bogut is injury prone.

I don't believe Bogut is milking it.

I don't believe it was a bad trade based on what was known at the time.

I do believe that his recovery is going much slower than anticipated and that there may have been a setback in there. Big men with bad feet/ankles has a very bad history so the team is justifiably scared to bring him back early.

If Bogut retires without playing a significant number of games for the Dubs then it will be a bad trade in the end.

For no reason whatsoever I expect Bogut to come back around the all-star break.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't believe Bogut is injury prone.

I don't believe Bogut is milking it.

I don't believe it was a bad trade based on what was known at the time.

I do believe that his recovery is going much slower than anticipated and that there may have been a setback in there. Big men with bad feet/ankles has a very bad history so the team is justifiably scared to bring him back early.

If Bogut retires without playing a significant number of games for the Dubs then it will be a bad trade in the end.

For no reason whatsoever I expect Bogut to come back around the all-star break.
    in october... i warned you that getting in the habbit of sitting out games in pre season would come back to haunt him... and now i dont even know if he is going to play 40 games this season...

vCash
    We don't even get updates about Bogut anymore, probably because we are winning without him.

Stylez do you think Bogut is still milking the injury?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    We don't even get updates about Bogut anymore, probably because we are winning without him.

Stylez do you think Bogut is still milking the injury?
    well he could be playing right now.... maybe not at 100%, but he is choosing to sit out because he wants to be able to be more explosive and dunk more balls. he is still collecting his pay check.

he said himself that he made the choice to shut it down.... so yeah he is milking it. also the fact that he is still sitting out after having all last season, and all summer off. they said 8-12 weeks from the jan 25th injury. I understand taking a little bit extra time to be cautious.... but we are coming up on 50 weeks now. at some point it gets ridiculous.

Assuming there have been no setbacks, and the ankle is structually ready to go (this is coming from people who are close to the situation)... yeah he is milking it

vCash
    Curry has schooled Chris Paul twice, Deron Williams once, so yeah dude better be an all-star.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    I have been unable to find anything that said Bogut's delay in getting the surgery was his idea, I did see a few things that implied the Bucks didn't want him having surgery last year after the injury either to string along the hope he would come back, or to keep his trade value higher. Either way, the Bucks/Bogut didn't do us any favors in delaying the surgery by several months.

vCash
    The reason there not giving any updates on Bogut is because he was getting upset that they kept giving unrealistic dates for his return. He said he's probably just going to decide to play one day, without anyone really knowing about it until hours before game time. But from all the guesses I've heard from people who know what there talking about, he's probably coming back late January early February.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast