Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Bogut

vCash
    if you give this guy until next season, he will find another way to milk it then. You do realize that we gave him allll last season and all summer to rest this issue. He was suppose to be available 8-12 weeks after the january injury... and here we are almost a yr later and hes still milking it... yet there have been no setbacks (his words)
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    I gotta say,

I kinda agree with Stylez's comments on this. Even though microfracture surgery isn't anything to joke around about, the kind of microfracture that was performed on Bogut's ankle is not the same as the major type that keeps players out for a year or more (on the knee), the same surgery that took Amar'e nearly 3 years to recover from. If it was, there should be serious concerns about Bogut's health for present day, and in the future. But since the FO preached temporarily about how minor the surgery was, why isn't Bogut playing regularly right now? The most logical answer would be that he is kind of milking it a little bit.
    Last edited by GSWJunkie; 12-28-2012 at 02:59 PM.

vCash
    You guys are ridiculous. Why would Bogut want to milk anything? Don't you think he would rather be out there playing and helping the team win? How would it help him to milk an injury? You even saw when he played he was in pain.

vCash
    He may be milking it because the shlt hurts.

But it could be considered milking because its the kind of injury where he should've been back already and if he were a player on a rookie contract he probably would be 100%

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    He may be milking it because the shlt hurts.

But it could be considered milking because its the kind of injury where he should've been back already and if he were a player on a rookie contract he probably would be 100%

If it hurts, then he's not milking it. How can he play hurt? WOW!!!

Bogut is a tough customer. Nothing he wants to do more than get out there and win

vCash
    Just found this article regarding Andrew. No specifics, like a timeline, but they do say at one point that they are close, so maybe we will see him back in time for the 2nd half of the season following the All Star break? That would be great, but we just don't know from this article. Just trying to find anything I can about his recovery process.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/baske...222-2bspu.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    You guys are ridiculous. Why would Bogut want to milk anything? Don't you think he would rather be out there playing and helping the team win? How would it help him to milk an injury? You even saw when he played he was in pain.
    hes able to play and he made the choice to shut it down. thats kind of the definition of milking it. He tried to spin it in a way where he said he wants to get it to 100% to help the team, but after that type of surgery he might never be at 100% and he might have to learn to play through a little bit of discomfort. many players in many sports who really have a desire to compete come back when they arent 100%. Look at rajon rondo in the finals a few yrs ago a few minutes after dislocating his arm? bogut prob would milk that for half a season.

vCash
    good to know hes still cashing his pay checks.... what a bum

vCash
    hate to admit it but...andris biedrins makes this team better. right stylez?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I actually think that he isn't injured, I think they are looking at the schedule, and trying to get him conditioned as much as possible. Right now the warriors are in a good position in the west and they don't need to push as hard for his return. If the warriors were getting out rebounded night after night, and they were in the bottom half of the conference then bogut would probably be starting, playing his limited minutes. But i think its more of a matter of conditioning. The guy broke his arm, then played a little then fractured his ankle... he probably is very rusty at the offensive end and really wants to work on that. He isn't the type of player to "Andrew Bynum" an injury...

fail

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    I actually think that he isn't injured, I think they are looking at the schedule, and trying to get him conditioned as much as possible. Right now the warriors are in a good position in the west and they don't need to push as hard for his return. If the warriors were getting out rebounded night after night, and they were in the bottom half of the conference then bogut would probably be starting, playing his limited minutes. But i think its more of a matter of conditioning. The guy broke his arm, then played a little then fractured his ankle... he probably is very rusty at the offensive end and really wants to work on that. He isn't the type of player to "Andrew Bynum" an injury...
    so the solution to get less rusty or avoid coming back rusty is to miss more games? have you ever played any sport?.... if you want to get into game condition- the best way to do that is get out on the floor?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post

How is he gonna get conditioned without playing? I suppose this is a possibility.

While you need to play b-ball to get in b-ball shape if you aren't close to being in that shape it puts you more at risk for injury.

So he needs a base. Hopefully he's doing a lot of intense swimming in combination with the bike, elliptical, and anti gravity treadmill. The more, the better. While nothing can replace bball conditioning he needs to get as close to it as possible before playing because otherwise he will set himself up for disaster.

I mean look at what happened when C webb came to the warriors again and tried to play himself in shape. Didn't work out.

And fortifying his ankle is very important as well.

vCash
    How is he gonna get conditioned without playing? I suppose this is a possibility.

While you need to play b-ball to get in b-ball shape if you aren't close to being in that shape it puts you more at risk for injury.

you could argue that every time an athlete goes onthe floor they are risking an injury more so than if they sat the game out. By that logic, bogut might as well retire... especially considering his luck with freak injuries

So he needs a base. Hopefully he's doing a lot of intense swimming in combination with the bike, elliptical, and anti gravity treadmill. The more, the better. While nothing can replace bball conditioning he needs to get as close to it as possible before playing because otherwise he will set himself up for disaster.

I mean look at what happened when C webb came to the warriors again and tried to play himself in shape. Didn't work out.

And fortifying his ankle is very important as well.
    I dont think c webb had the desire to work himself back into shape. Even if c webb got into game shape and got as good as he could be- it wouldnt have lasted long and he wouldnt have been anywhere near the same player he was 2 or 3 yrs earlier.

To put it simply- C webb gave up.... and in his situation it was understandable. Webber was just signed to come in and give it a go though. Bogut on the other hand was the whole reason monta was traded. The whole point of sitting him all of last year was to have him perfectly fine this year. Bogut is also about 8 yrs younger than webber was..... btw webber played more minutes in those few weeks than bogut has total as a warrior. webber still put more effort into it than bogut has so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I dont think c webb had the desire to work himself back into shape. Even if c webb got into game shape and got as good as he could be- it wouldnt have lasted long and he wouldnt have been anywhere near the same player he was 2 or 3 yrs earlier.

To put it simply- C webb gave up.... and in his situation it was understandable. Webber was just signed to come in and give it a go though. Bogut on the other hand was the whole reason monta was traded. The whole point of sitting him all of last year was to have him perfectly fine this year. Bogut is also about 8 yrs younger than webber was..... btw webber played more minutes in those few weeks than bogut has total as a warrior. webber still put more effort into it than bogut has so far.

Webber put more effort in then bogut? Hah hah hah!!! Webber wasn't coming off an injury! Hah hah!

vCash
    Webber put more effort in then bogut? Hah hah hah!!! Webber wasn't coming off an injury! Hah hah!
    ummm yeah he was, thats why he gave up on detroit the yr before.

ok considering the fact that the team already tanked all of last yr and let bogut rest all summer for an injury that was suppose to take 8-12 weeks from january 25th..... bogut really isnt showing any urgency. also bogut is making 13 million a yr, webber signed for like 400k. wghen the team brought webber in it was kind of ... well we'll see what happens. I think the team brought bogut in so we would have a top 5 center in the league int he starting line up for the next 3 or 4 yrs.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast