Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Bogut

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    Do u explain things like this to your girlfriend?
    if i didnt take anything with a grain of salt, i would be crying after every loss and claiming the warriors are the best team after every win. if you dont think i take grains of salt then you are mistaken. skepticism is my middle name.

do i talk like this to my girlfriend? yes, but your sister doesnt like it a lot and wants me to stop.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    His sister?

she says go for the championship

vCash
    yep. do you not get it lol

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Was this his imaginary sister? How'd you two meet up?

vCash
    Probably at andris' favorite pub off union

vCash
    I get the 7 digits from your mother for a dollar tomorrow

vCash

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I have a question about Bogut. Actually question(s)

My friend was saying Bogut is a multi millionaire, therefore why is he not talking about his rehab? Aren't the fans entitled to get regular updates on how he's coming along? I don't understand.

Is he even practicing with the team?

Also, why would anyone have reason to be open minded and/or optimistic about his ankle?

Furthermore, would a healthy Bogut actually go hand in hand with the Warriors? Surely he isn't a selfish player but I was reading about how nowadays NBA teams can win without a center. Would Bogut be any different than Festus Ezili and Biedrins. I know he passes well, but don't we need our center in the paint? Lee is always passing. It seems like Lee went on fire when Bogut went on the injured list. How would they play together when they both want to be the passers?

vCash
    In response to my message above, I did some research. Aside from those 2 injuries, Bogut has not been injury prone very much. He has actually been relatively healthy. In the 5 other seasons not counting the major elbow injury and ankle injury, he has only missed a total of 33 other games. Was perfect in his rookie season, missed 16 in his 2nd season, only missed 4 in his 3rd season, missed 13 in 09-10, and only missed one game in the lockout year. So he wasn't perfect, but he wasn't just injured all the time and missing half a season for no good reason. But he has been playing in the games above 90 percent of the time, not counting those 2 freak accidents. 33 games in 5 years is less than 7 missed games a year. Not too bad compared to what we have got from him. The other 2 injuries were legitimate freak accidents.

vCash
    We'll be lucky if Bogut ever comes back to his old form. But let's say he comes back and is relatively healthy. This guy would be a monster pick up for the Warriors immediately. You start this guy, he draws attention down in the block and Curry/Thompson will be even more open on the perimeter. Defensively he's one of the best! What an upgrade he would be. I don't think he'll ever really get there but if you see this guy play every day, you'd know he'd fit perfectly into the Warrior system seamlessly. This guy is not just another scrap on the heap if he's good to go, but that's the question, if he's good to go or not.

vCash
    Yeah a healthy Bogut would be our best player. He's good.

vCash
    With the way the Warriors have been playing thus far, Bogut is a guy that can come in and give them an even bigger boost to thrust them into becoming an elite team. At this point, there is no need to rush him back. Just the promise of Bogut on the court during a playoff run is good enough.

vCash
    Better than Curry and Lee?

I like Bogut, but in no way is he better than them.

Like odp said lol, teams don't even utilize centers the way they used to even 5 years ago when Bogut was balling.

And since he's never been a dominant post presence, then in today's game there's no way he's our best player even when being 100%. They just wouldn't utilize him that way so he couldn't be our best player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Better than Curry and Lee?

I like Bogut, but in no way is he better than them.

individually hes a far better defensive player and he has the ability to cover up other players defensive shortcomings.

Offensively- he isnt on the same level, but he can score on the block

Like odp said lol, teams don't even utilize centers the way they used to even 5 years ago when Bogut was balling.

a well rounded big man with boguts experience would bennefit any team.

And since he's never been a dominant post presence, then in today's game there's no way he's our best player even when being 100%. They just wouldn't utilize him that way so he couldn't be our best player.
    dont know if he is our best player- but his potential impact is probably the highest.

Obviously, nobody knows until he comes back and plays with the team at a high level for atleast 2 or 3 weeks.

A big guy who doesnt pick up fouls every 2 minutes can make others around him better would definitely help this team though... esp in playoff basketball.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbeans View Post
    was this his imaginary sister? How'd you two meet up?
    lolahahaha
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast