Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    That being said, Bennet is no slouch either. I think he'll be had for around $4 mil per year.

Ready to Shock the World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballchamp70 View Post
    I respectably disagree. I would say that Clayborn is by far the best DE on our team. Before he had the freak accident on his knee, he was playing pro-bowl quality defense. It may take awhile for him to be healed, but once he's back to 100%, my bet's on him.
    Dead On

Adrian Clayborn is by far the best. He lead the team in sacks last year, where was Bennett? I'm not saying I don't like Bennett. He lead the team in sacks in his rookie year, he would have this year.

Our problems at DE are the result of him being down and Te'o Nesheim, a capable backup, having to be a starter. Would the Vikes pass rush be hurting if Jared Allen went down or the Broncos if Miller went down? Very few teams if any who wouldnt see production go down when their best pass rusher gets hurt.

We Want Winston

vCash
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-3rd-4th-down/

Bennett is fourth in pressures on 3rd and 4th down and 8th in there pass rush productivity formula.

vCash
    Well guys its safe to say that we should have one hell of a DE combo with Bennett and Clayborn, and not to mention throw Bowers in the mix....now we just gotta get that damn secondary fixed

vCash
    Lmaooooo at ppl still mentioning Bowers
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    ^^^how do you give up on guys after less than a calendar year....hes literally been a tampa bay buccaneer for like 20 months...smh

We Want Winston

vCash
    M. Bennett has 9 sacks this season, and he is also a beast against the run. If Clayborn is better then an all around DE that has 9 sacks in 13 games, then I would say we are pretty set at the DE position. You guys go out and find a guy that can stop the run, and produce double digit sacks, that we can afford after extending Freeman & Willaims, replacing/re-signing R. Miller, and fixing our secondary issues. You find the guy, and I will admit that we should do it! I think some of you are living in fantasy land!

vCash
    BTY, to those of you who think we should go after Umenyiora-

Giants fans cannot wait for him to be gone. He is 31, and terrible against the run. He had one good season a few years ago, and that is it. He is also a bad teamate, and a guy that can only be used on 3rd down. Don't think that we need to go out there and simplt sign a guy who has a well know name. That is not goning to solve our problems!

vCash
    @ aecon...are you saying clayborn is not better than bennett or are you agreeing? you kind of said it in a wierd way.

I know a couple of guys in here from what I've read think similarly to me and that is if Bennett is re-signed that is fine. If the money he is looking for lands a better player and it's a slight upgrade than that's fine too.

One thing that does need to be pointed out is that Bennett only had 6 sacks in his previous 3 years. 1 each of his first two and 4 last year. Right now I get the feeling that we re-sign Bennett, let Miller walk and possibly sign Martellus Bennett..hopefully we get a 2-1 discount.

We Want Winston

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12