Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Tigers sign Brayan Pena designate Matt Hoffman

Looks like DD wants a better back up than Cabrerra at catcher. No details yet on how much but Hoffman may get grabbed by another team....no big deal. I like Pena as a backup. Switch hitter and good defense.

vCash
    Well we needed a backup. Solid move but nothing special.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Looks like DD wants a better back up than Cabrerra at catcher. No details yet on how much but Hoffman may get grabbed by another team....no big deal. I like Pena as a backup. Switch hitter and good defense.
    At least we have seen this guy at the mlb level in K.C. the last couple of years. Always better to have a little experience behind the plate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    At least we have seen this guy at the mlb level in K.C. the last couple of years. Always better to have a little experience behind the plate.
    I agree, 100%.

vCash
    I feel bad for Holaday because I like his offense but Pena and Cabrerra are better defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    I feel bad for Holaday because I like his offense but Pena and Cabrerra are better defensively.
    He did go down to Florida and start working out already. Hope he keeps his head up after this news and keeps grinding. We might just need this guy yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    He did go down to Florida and start working out already. Hope he keeps his head up after this news and keeps grinding. We might just need this guy yet.
    Agreed. Pena might blow out an Achilles...seems to be the injury of choice the last season or two, other than an oblique injury.

vCash
    I like it. Switch hitters who are decent with glove and bat are ot all bad. On the cheap too.

vCash
    Leyland likes having 3 catchers on the roster anyways and they all still have to go through spring training. Holaday doesn't have a reason to hang his head yet and he knows it

vCash
    Pena hit over .300 in day games last year in just under 100 plate appearances, not a big sample size but just wanted to throw it out there since he will be catching during the day in most cases I would presume.
    Last edited by sc8581; 12-11-2012 at 05:08 AM.

vCash
    I like the signing. Gives Holaday 1 more year to get some seasoning in AAA and get regular ABs. Pena also has knowledge on how to beat Bruce Chen!
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I like the signing. Gives Holaday 1 more year to get some seasoning in AAA and get regular ABs. Pena also has knowledge on how to beat Bruce Chen!
    And WOW! for some reason we desperately need that! For some reason, we are the only team that cannot hit that light-tosser.

vCash
    I love this move. Solid pick up with experience and not bad offensively. It gives Holiday and Cabrerra another year down in the minors.