Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What is your expectation for Rafa this year?

As a Rafa fan the last 5 or so months have been tough but he is back on the court now practicing. He has said he doesnt expect to win the aussie open but his goal is to be 100% by the clay season.

Winning the French is bare minimum for him IMO. I would be happy if he wins 2 slams but i know most people believe thats not going to happen. i still think when he is healthy he is a better grass court player than Novak or Murray. Eventhough Federer won wimbledon, i think he is not as consistent as he used to be so Rafa winning wimbledon is not out of the question.

As for his ranking, i dont think he has a chance at the no 1 ranking and its not smart for him to go for that. He said he is going to play more on clay and less on hard courts to help his knees. he obviously cant play as much tennis as novak or murray so i dont he has chance at no 1.

My expectation: Win 2 Slams, and Finish as World No 2.

vCash
    BTW i dont believe in Andy Murray. I dont think he will win slams and challenge for no 1 ranking like most people think. i still say Novak finish no 1 and roger/rafa finish no 2. Murray will not win a slam this year.

vCash
    1 is guaranteed. Possibly 2. But not more than 2 IMO. He'll finish 2nd.

vCash
    He's out of the Australian open, even though I didn't expect him to win it anyway. So yea if he wants to make sure he catches up with Federer he better win that French Open.

I'm going to say he wins 1 or none this year. I think this year will be his decline.

vCash
    Australian Open - Djokovic
    French Open - Nadal
    Wimbledon - Federer/Djokovic
    US Open - Federer/Djokovic

vCash
    I think he wins the French. Then him, Novak and Murray battle it out at SW19.

I think the US will be between Novak and Andy again.

vCash
    the thing about rafa (as well as roger), is that they are really vulnerable to a early round upset. someone like john isner can have a very good day and serve their way into a victory against these guys. Especially in week 1 of wimbledon, when the grass is green, would be the best time to take out these guys. the more you equalise the conditions, the more it benefits the the top guys, because then their skill takes over.

vCash

ewing

His receding hair line will get even more ridiculous and he will win the French. His English will also improve but he will still sound funny

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I honestly kind of think he won't have a great year. He still may win the French Open, though.

vCash
    He'll win the French, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the finals for the other GS.

vCash
    I am actually surprised you guys picking him to win the french. 100% Rafa beat 100% Novak on clay. I actually thought Novak would beat Rafa in 2011 but luckily Federer took out Novak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I am actually surprised you guys picking him to win the french. 100% Rafa beat 100% Novak on clay. I actually thought Novak would beat Rafa in 2011 but luckily Federer took out Novak.
    Im hoping very much that a 100% Nole meets a 100% Nadal at the French. And I hope that Nole wins . But for some reason i doubt that Nadal will be 100%...The French is not that far away.

vCash
    His knee still hurts apparently.

He should've gone for surgery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    His knee still hurts apparently.

He should've gone for surgery.
    were did you hear that?

vCash
    nvm found it, i dont think its too serious considering hes been out for so long. atleast he says its getting better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast