Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: which defense is better?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2011 was better

10 37.04%
  • 2012 is better

17 62.96%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    You're right. The season's over.

nah, but will anyone be shocked if the 49ers are outcoached and outplayed in this year's playoffs.

We've seen it consistently all season long! Minnesota, Rams twice, Seahawks, Giants...

who will it be in the playoffs.

KNBR is now talking about how SF does very poorly against teams they see a 2nd time. Citing Rams/Seahawks as examples.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    34 to NE, 42 to Seattle... I think that puts this topic to rest. The 49ers 2011 season was their season to win it all... everything went their way...

2012 just isn't as good. They also have injuries they didn't have last year. Not to mention they won't be hosting an NFC Championship game.

Special teams are weaker, defense isn't as good against the run.

Those Kyle Williams fumbles will bite the 49ers more than they think.
    Co Sign

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Not to mention they won't be hosting an NFC Championship game.
    Well, that's an improbability, not an impossibility.

But...it is very alarming to note:

In our opponents last 14 possessions that were not used to take a knee...9 of them have resulted in touchdowns (and 1 FG).

I know the opponents have been strong, but that's a pace that would make a doormat defense look alright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    Well, that's an improbability, not an impossibility.

But...it is very alarming to note:

In our opponents last 14 possessions that were not used to take a knee...9 of them have resulted in touchdowns (and 1 FG).

I know the opponents have been strong, but that's a pace that would make a doormat defense look alright.

Yes. That red zone defense has gone all to hell. Carlos Rogers and the lack of Justin Smith is glaring.

I have thought several times this year, what is Fangio doing? Or what was Harbaugh and Roman doing all week. I never said that last year. Not once. Even in their losses.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    I honestly liked last years defense more, I know the stats have favored this team until recently I'm sure, but I'm a huge sucker for takeaways. Also, we forced all teams to be a passing team last year. The Seahawks(both games) and even the giants made rushing for over 100 yards seem easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    I honestly liked last years defense more, I know the stats have favored this team until recently I'm sure, but I'm a huge sucker for takeaways. Also, we forced all teams to be a passing team last year. The Seahawks(both games) and even the giants made rushing for over 100 yards seem easy.
    I agree. Statistically we are better this year, at least before last night, but last year the takeaways and streak of stopping the rush TDs and 100 yarders was magical.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Takeaways are unsustainable. But the run defense has regressed.

vCash
    The niners played in 5 games that they didn't win. They are okay. But I don't think they got blown out as bad when smith was qb. Thru day smith gets rid of the ball sooner. Just seems that the guy who came first should get the spot, Alex didn't deserve this. Colin may be the better athlete but not the more winning quarterback who doesn't make errors. Why does Alex smith deserve this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I agree. Statistically we are better this year, at least before last night, but last year the takeaways and streak of stopping the rush TDs and 100 yarders was magical.
    Yep, we seemed to give up more passing yards because we were either ahead or the opposing teams running back and was stuffed 2-3 straight times and they stuck with passing. The rush defense was so stout last year
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

You want to go first?

vCash
    How do u think smith feels? It's Christmas and he has to face everyone abd tell them not only did he lose his job but he could have bear the hawks. His Christmas is ruined. Everything he worked do hard for. Harbaugh needs to get a clue. You put all your trust in Alex and he is a bench captain now.

vCash
    Who cares? Your trolling sucks now dude.

You want to go first?

vCash
    Can one of the mods ban that dude. He's clearly just trolling over and over.

vCash
    We've been trying to get him banned in the Giants and Warriors forums. Apparently what he's doing isn't considered "trolling"

Welcome back Slumpy Shoulders!!

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Neither is what I do, which is why I have a whopping zero bans and counting. But that's neither here nor there. ODP will also never rival lolPhillies; my legacy is greater than yours ODP, and nothing you can do in your career can change that.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    Who cares? Your trolling sucks now dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Can one of the mods ban that dude. He's clearly just trolling over and over.
    and this is why he keeps coming back.... because he sees he's getting under some people's skin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast