Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: which defense is better?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2011 was better

10 37.04%
  • 2012 is better

17 62.96%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    2012 because I live in the now... not the past! lol
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    If our defense is ever going to shine in the regular season, it needs to be against NE and Seattle. I want their best performances over the next two weeks.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    It seems like they are waiting for these type of games to really shine, its possible the other games don't get them as juiced.. but NE is gonna feel their wrath...hopefully.

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Despite the turnovers, the defense this year has been more impressive.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    We're now ranked second against the pass and the run.

You have to love that balance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrich28 View Post
    culliver has been great this yr and goldson and whitner are the hardest hitting safeties in the league .............not to mention the smith brothers have been excellent again.

Alot of people saw are schedule coming into this year and said r d wouldnt be as good or dominant but it has gotten much better overall and they rarely give up points passing or rushing.
    I don't recall anyone saying that to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Last year we gave up 3.5 yards per rushing attempt. This year it is 3.6. It's not really a huge difference.
    We have been a little inconsistant but still better than most.

This years defense is a lot better than last years defense IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Didn't know where to put this, but also didn't want to create a thread for it, but Chris Culliver has allowed the lowest completion percent in the NFL when thrown at (42.9%).

Here's a nice piece on Cully from Maiocco:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...e-starting-job

vCash
    Could our defense really have an elite dlineman (Justin Smith) Rush Linebacker (Aldon Smith) Two elite inside backers (Bowillis) an elite safety (Goldson) and a could be soon elite corner in Culliver? ****ing ridiculous
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Could our defense really have an elite dlineman (Justin Smith) Rush Linebacker (Aldon Smith) Two elite inside backers (Bowillis) an elite safety (Goldson) and a could be soon elite corner in Culliver? ****ing ridiculous
    Maybe, Cully also has 2 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles to go with the low completion % allowed....and 37 tackles despite only coming on the field in Nickel and Dime situations.

vCash
    Maybe, Cully also has 2 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles to go with the low completion % allowed....and 37 tackles despite only coming on the field in Nickel and Dime situations.
    Which I think is kind of bogus considering he's better than Brown and Rogers...but slowly getting on the field more is good for him I suppose

vCash
    Didn't know where to put this, but also didn't want to create a thread for it, but Chris Culliver has allowed the lowest completion percent in the NFL when thrown at (42.9%).

Here's a nice piece on Cully from Maiocco:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...e-starting-job
    I like how it mentions the hold on Moss in the endzone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Culliver is definitely the best corner on the team. What's also crazy is that he only played about 10 games at corner in college. He mostly played safety. It's still a pretty new position to him.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Culliver is definitely the best corner on the team. What's also crazy is that he only played about 10 games at corner in college. He mostly played safety. It's still a pretty new position to him.
    Mel Kiper and Todd McShay didn't even have him on their draft board. Everyone ridiculed this pick when we made it. I guess Baalke knows what he's doing.

vCash
    I'd much rather have Culliver in there over Rogers. All he ever does is make plays. The one in GB sticks out to me...

He's a baller.

That PD against Miami saving a TD was awesome...great hang time.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    I want Culliver on Welker in this coming game and Rogers on Lloyd. Two match ups that would help us out.

Rogers would take Lloyd out of the game. Rogers is physical while Lloyd is not, and Lloyd does not possess a lot of speed so Rogers can stay with him easily. It's a good match up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast