Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Islandercoach31 View Post
    What if Sjax leaves. Is a Drich a #1 RB. I think we would have to look at a sleeper RB in the 3rd/4th. Any suggestions. What isf Lacy is there in the 3rd?
    If we can't draft a WR without "giving up on Quick too early," then the same would could be said with RB and Pead (who was drafted in the same round as Quick). Maybe sign a short-term stopgap in free agency to give him time to develop, but that's it IMO.
    Last edited by bda28; 12-27-2012 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    I always liked Polo! Agree if SJax walks we will need a change of pace for DRich. A couple of guys I like for that role are Montee Ball and I also like Stepfan Moore as wellas Lacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    If we can't draft a WR without "giving up on Quick too early," then the same would could be said with RB and Pead (who was drafted in the same round as Quick). Maybe sign a short-term stopgap in free agency to give him time to develop, but that's it IMO.
    The difference is Pead and Richardson are both smaller speed type guys. If Jax walks we will need a short yardage type at the very least. And I wouldn't draft anyone in the top rounds. I would look at line the middle rounds, 3rd at the earliest. I'm by no means giving up on Pead!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    The difference is Pead and Richardson are both smaller speed type guys. If Jax walks we will need a short yardage type at the very least. And I wouldn't draft anyone in the top rounds. I would look at line the middle rounds, 3rd at the earliest. I'm by no means giving up on Pead!
    Just a thought, but if SJ leaves, what about Peyton Hillis? Signing him to a cheap one year show-me contract like he has now?

Highly motivated to prove his worth as a primary back (as opposed to second fiddle now), he could be a cheap steal for some team.

vCash
    i know we cant give up on quick but say he develops in to a stud we need some one out side of him i like givens and danny more as slot guys also say danny cant stay healthy and then we have givens in the slot while danny is hurt then we have quick on the outside and i would rather have some one other than gibson on the other side since we are in the middle to the latter of round one the wr will be best available i feel te pos is deep

vCash
    the number guy i want in this draft is warmack

vCash
    Givens is best served on the outside stretching the defense.

Quick/Givens/Danny has potential to be really good. I'm ok with Gibson as #4 and Pettis as #5. If we added someone in FA line I said to buy some time for Quick to evolve, I'm good with that too.

vCash
    What a ****** draft for us to have 2 firsts in. Just about nothing offensively to look at. No real RB's or WR's...Maybe the Skins will let us trade their ****** draft picks back for RGIII

vCash
    If we draft a RB or wr in this draft I'd be pissed anyway! There are plenty if options at positions we need in the 1st. OG/OT/FS/TE?/OLB

vCash

2013 NFL Draft News Thread

We need playmakers incase you didnt watch many games this year we still can't get open except for givens and our best wr is always injured

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    We need playmakers incase you didnt watch many games this year we still can't get open except for givens and our best wr is always injured
    I never said we didn't need playmakers. What I've been saying is we need to add them through free agency. We need a known commodity. Drafting WR high in the draft AGAIN is not the way to go. WR's often take longer to develop at the next level and the bust rate is very high. Wr need to give the young guys we have a chance to develop. If we give up on them now they could end up bring productive on another team like DX. Danny and Gibson are both unrestricted free agents. There's a good chance one or both of them could be gone. That leaves Pettis/Quick/Givens. Do you really want to add another rookie to that young group? Get Wallace/Bowe and another vet and roll.

vCash
    This is what i hate about that tie with the niners.

we are 7-8-1. There are FIVE teams with a 7-9 record. That just cost us FIVE spots in the draft. I think we are the 16th pick right now.

and we don't know where the redskins finish, but it's definitely going to be a 20th pick or higher.

So with the 16th pick, I'm hoping Warmack drops to us. Then we should grab Vaccaro, that'd be awesome if he fell to us with the skins pick.

Then we go TE in the 2nd and OLB in the 3rd. That'll fill plenty of holes.
    http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gRAnxGFouW5bgj4RR576xA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDQ7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-04-26T015157Z_1049109136_GM1E94Q0RAB01_RTRMADP_3_NFL-DRAFT.JPG

"You have decisions to make and don't be scared to get what you want."

Les Snead

vCash
    Updating a previous item, USC junior WR Robert Woods received a second-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board prior to declaring for April's Draft.
    Woods also had some interesting words after the team's bowl loss, saying, "if the coaches wanted to keep me another year, they would've probably got me the ball." Woods defended those comments after the game and said they were taken out of tone. Draft grades from the NFL universally understate prospects' talent, playing it safe so to not be blamed for the impending decision, but Woods looks like a top-64 talent.

Michael Wacha

vCash
    USC junior WR Robert Woods announced that he will enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
    Woods does not possess the same top-end receiver skills as his sophomore teammate Marqise Lee, but the junior will help whoever drafts him. We think Woods does his best work on intermediate routes, creating separation with quick and decisive cuts. A second day selection is likely.

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Auburn junior DE Corey Lemonier has declared for the NFL Draft.
    Lemonier said he may be a third-rounder and added he can play defensive end or linebacker as a pass rusher in the NFL. It was a down year for the entire Auburn program, so teams will need to spotlight Lemonier's performances and see where he projects best.

Michael Wacha

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast