Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

2013 NFL Draft News Thread

South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore will enter the NFL draft, according to a source close to the player. An official announcement is expected this week, possibly Wednesday.

Lattimore suffered an extensive injury to the anterior cruciate ligament and lateral collateral ligament in his right knee in late October and has been rehabilitating vigorously. Lattimore believes that focusing entirely on his rehabilitation with NFL team doctors will help him recover the quickest, according to the source.

Lattimore understands he may have to sit out the upcoming season, but has a goal of jogging and catching passes at the end of March for NFL executives, and plans to visit with them at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Since the injury, Lattimore has spoken with other running backs who came back from knee injuries, such as Willis McGahee, Frank Gore and Eddie George. Lattimore believes the time is right to enter the NFL draft, in part to have as long a professional career as possible.

Lattimore's recovery is on schedule, according to the source, and he is not using crutches. Lattimore also has the blessing of South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier.

Lattimore missed half of the 2011 season after tearing the ACL in his left knee, but was able to return in time for the 2012 season opener on Aug. 30 against Vanderbilt, when he had 23 carries for 110 yards and two touchdowns.
    In three seasons at South Carolina, Lattimore, 6-feet, 218 pounds, has been one of the most dynamic running backs in college football. Lattimore has rushed for 2,677 yards with 38 touchdowns, including 662 yards and 11 touchdowns this season.

On Oct. 27, against Tennessee, Lattimore took a helmet to his right knee and was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Columbia, S.C. Since then, Lattimore has received an outpouring of support.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...l-draft-source

figured id create this to put info for players entering and what now

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    i wish we would draft lattimore i feel he would be a good complement to drich and replace sjax if he isnt here next year i feel we should keep sjax i would pay him the 7 mill he makes this year because he has great ball security and if we upgrade the wr pos like we should and actually have alot of leads we need a guy that can secure the ball but if we dont i have to find a new ram to be my fav

vCash
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...2013-nfl-draft

keenan allen entering draft

other players entering, da-rick rodgers, tyrann mathieu, and sheldon richardson

vCash
    id take lattimore in the second

Michael Wacha

vCash
    i think we possibly can get him in the third i like d-rich but i feel he is two small to carry the load

vCash
    i like us taking matthieu we need a returner and we could put him at the nickel
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cg_la00 View Post
    i like us taking matthieu we need a returner and we could put him at the nickel
    i dont like the idea of matthieu he will try to light it up with jj and we dont need that haha

Michael Wacha

vCash
    I don't want to draft a wr. If we add it should be through FA

vCash
    I agree, a big NO to drafting any receivers. If the Rams are to add a receiver, it's someone like Dwayne Bowe in free agency. Otherwise you let Quick, Givens, Pettis develop. As far as the draft, the Rams need to look at both Offensive Tackle and Guard, Linebacker (Dunbar is great, need someone opposite him) and safety. Both safety spots actually.

In the late rounds, I want the Rams to look for a speedster type at any position that can finally be a great return man for the Rams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    I agree, a big NO to drafting any receivers. If the Rams are to add a receiver, it's someone like Dwayne Bowe in free agency.
    Or depth options. Gibson and Smith (and Amendola, for that matter) are free agents after this season. We need people to replace them (Gibson and Smith, that is).
    Last edited by bda28; 12-14-2012 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Shouldn't be hard to replace Smith or Gibson.

vCash
    I think theyre gonna keep Gibby.... Sam loves him

GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

The One and Only "LEGATRON"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NDMets57 View Post
    I think theyre gonna keep Gibby.... Sam loves him
    I bet he loved DX more.

But really, **** Gibby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    I bet he loved DX more.

But really, **** Gibby.
    Don't get my hopes up I'm forced to live in a world wear DX is only a Ram in Madden

GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

The One and Only "LEGATRON"

vCash
    Umm, yeah. I hope we go o-line with both firsts. Just sayin'.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast