Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rams not interested in trading Saffold; Expected to be a Ram for a "long time"

The National Football Post's Dan Pompei reports the Rams are not interested in trading RT Rodger Saffold.

Saffold, a 35-game starter at left tackle, was initially disgruntled with his move to right tackle after the Jake Long signing. Things have reportedly "calmed down," and that showed with Saffold's decision to report to voluntary workouts. Pompei adds that the "expectation" is Saffold will be a Ram for a "long time."
    roto

vCash
    Yeah quit being a ***** Saffold. This team is looking up for the first time in a long time and you're gonna ***** about it? You're still basically a millionaire fool.

vCash
    Hope this is true... Whether it is or isnt, as long as a good prospect is available I'd still like a lineman round one.

GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

The One and Only "LEGATRON"

vCash
    yea and if saffold doesnt like it he can "gyeeettt ooouutt!"
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    I feel like I'm the only one who can understand why Saffold would be upset? I actually like the attitude in a way because he wants to strive to be the best he can be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NDMets57 View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one who can understand why Saffold would be upset? I actually like the attitude in a way because he wants to strive to be the best he can be.

I sort of see your point? My only hangup is that based on the comments from his agent, it sounds like he's more concerned about being shifted to a lower paying position, than competitive values.

vCash
    I dont know how to really make it how I see it but I guess the best way I could see it is that someone gave you a management position at work because they were understaffed.. you handled that position very well and showed tremendous potential but then they went out and hired a more proven with a grander resumé and you were demoted. If you were doing a fine job, I could see you being upset about it and wanting to show you're the real deal, not just someone who has to work in service. You are still just as good of a worker but you are overqualified for that position now and you have to get paid what someone in service would get paid as opposed to management, even though you are just as capable...Poor example probably but that's how I see it. I don't really see it as something that anyone wouldn't feel the same way.