Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    I wonder if this firing is going to be like when the Eagles fired their defensive coordinator even though the offense was more of the problem ..... and the defense got significantly worse and at this point has given up something like 20 touchdowns without a single interception.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I would say more like he has a way with installing a zone blocking OL.
    That sounds exactly like what I just said prior to your post. Thanks.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Thank god!!! To bad this didnt happen two years ago!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    lions

cant be as bad as lenahan..

or QB coach
    Come to Detroit, Cam. Good or bad, we simply cannot live without having at least one castoff coach on staff who at one point in their career has worked for the Miami Dolphins...

...I'll take a pass on Cameron, thank you very much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    You could be right, that's why im saying: it'll be interesting to see where he goes next and what will happen there. With LT, he had his career best season: 2006 season L.T. established NFL records for touchdowns (31), rushing touchdowns (28), points scored (186), and consecutive multi-touchdown games (8). That season was Cam's last season with him. He had a good season without Cam but after that he began to age, so its impossible to know if Cam was responsible for his success.

Ronnie's 2007 season was only 7 games. I don't think that's too small a sample size because it was half a season and Ronnie's best performances of his career. After 7 games he led the NFL in all-purpose yards and was on pace for 1300 yards rushing and 900 yards receiving, thats pretty impressive for a running back who only broke 1000 yards 1 time in his career and never had more than 360 yards receiving. Again, this showed why Cam doesn't work in the NFL, this type of football doesn't win games...even with Ronnie playing at his best we only won 1 game.
    It is absolutely too small of a sample size. No one gives out any awards or merits for half of a season, do they? You could just as easily say that Brown was breaking out, and that his torn ACL set him back from becoming the back he could have been. Also, the idea that Cameron "has a way with RBs" and makes them good, but by the same token doesn't belong in the NFL, makes little sense to me. Finally, the Dolphins actually won 0 games with Ronnie Brown in 2007, because he was hurt before they won. I'm sure it was his way with RBs that led them to victory with Samkon Gado and Lorenzo Booker, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    That sounds exactly like what I just said prior to your post. Thanks.
    I was just responding to what you said in response to my previous comment. Thanks.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    CC gets fired for mostly not using Rice correctly.

But hey, he's got a way with RBs!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    CC gets fired for mostly not using Rice correctly.

But hey, he's got a way with RBs!!!!!
    He has a way with RBs because Ronnie Brown played 7 good games under him, and he got to coach a HoF RB and another RB who could potentially have a HoF case by the end of his career.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    This makes me so happy.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    This makes me so happy.
    Although he won't say it, Ray Rice is probably happy too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Also, the idea that Cameron "has a way with RBs" and makes them good, but by the same token doesn't belong in the NFL, makes little sense to me.
    Running the football in today's NFL doesn't equal wins, in most cases it actually means the opposite. A running attack is too conservative, keeps the game too close where you're lucky to squeak out a win, and rarely equals a winning team without good QB play. This is a pass-friendly league and that's why Cam fails in the NFL.

He had two great QBs in Rivers and Brees and helped the chargers obtain a 14-2 regular season record. But outside of that he has had less success with Miami and Baltimore. Baltimore's been good with Cam but there's more potential with weapons like Smith and Boldin and more consistent play calling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Come to Detroit, Cam. Good or bad, we simply cannot live without having at least one castoff coach on staff who at one point in their career has worked for the Miami Dolphins...

...I'll take a pass on Cameron, thank you very much.
    most coaches have been a cast off from what was at the time a crap team..
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post
    Running the football in today's NFL doesn't equal wins, in most cases it actually means the opposite. A running attack is too conservative, keeps the game too close where you're lucky to squeak out a win, and rarely equals a winning team without good QB play. This is a pass-friendly league and that's why Cam fails in the NFL.

He had two great QBs in Rivers and Brees and helped the chargers obtain a 14-2 regular season record. But outside of that he has had less success with Miami and Baltimore. Baltimore's been good with Cam but there's more potential with weapons like Smith and Boldin and more consistent play calling.
    Do you realize the issue with Cam Cameron wasn't that he was running the ball too much, but that he was underutilizing Ray Rice? What you're saying right now makes zero sense.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234