Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Wow. I've watched the Ravens, there are games where he ignores the run altogether and abandons it. I know that, I'm not saying that he's a good OC, I'm not saying that he uses Ray Rice as much as he should. I know that Cam Cameron sucks, I'm a Dolphins fan and he coached us to a 1-15 season. He is too conservative and doesn't use the weapons he has to their full potential.

Running game wise he does put a offense in place that utilizes running backs and under that system he uses them in both the running game and passing game to the point where they are potentially the best in the league. It's not about stats. Every season he's been a coach the team hes with consistently has one of the best running backs in the league. His main flaw is in how he uses the running backs, one week giving the ball to ray 25 times then trying it 12 times the following week doesn't make any sense.

I think what I'm saying is getting twisted by you guys. He has consistently had a great runningback in his offensive schemes. I think he plays a part in that because he coached LT during his record-setting best years in the NFL, he coached Ronnie Brown in his best season, and Ray Rice has consistently been one of the best running backs in the league. He's not consistent in his playcalling, hes too conservative, and his style of playcalling doesn't consistently win games in the nfl today (the ravens have to rely on their defense way too much with the weapons they have on offense.)

My argument simply is that he has been a part in LT's best seasons, Ronnie's best season, and Ray Rice's career. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens next and if that trend will continue. Not calling the guy a master mind or anything, I think firing him was the right move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I don't know if that's really improving running back style though...
    Yeah, I was just going with the "has a way with running backs" thing since everyone seems to do so well with him. It's probably just the blocking scheme or the play design I'm sure, but still. It seems like anyone could go there and succeed.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    My argument simply is that he has been a played apart in LT's best seasons, Ronnie's best season, and Ray Rice's career. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens next and if that trend will continue. Not calling the guy a master mind or anything, I think firing him was the right move.
    Maybe he hindered them. Think about it. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Yeah, I was just going with the "has a way with running backs" thing since everyone seems to do so well with him. It's probably just the blocking scheme or the play design I'm sure, but still. It seems like anyone could go there and succeed.
    Don't say this too loud. Alfred Morris is great and you will get shredded for arguing otherwise.

BUT NORM HE RUNS PEOPLE OVER AND STUFF

vCash
    Well this was like two years over-due. He's a moron.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Is this because of the game yesterday? I didn't watch, but it seemed like it was the defenses fault.
    whether it was or wasn't, its a move the ravens should have made thats been long voer due. the timing is odd, but cameron needed to be fired at the end of the season regardless
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Rice had 20 touches for 121 yards against us, and their whole offense seemed to dominate us most of everytime they were on the field. I really don't know how we came away with the win, so i'm surprised they chose this particular game to let him go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Mike Shanahan. Give him someone with 2 legs and you've got yourself a 1000-yard running back

Unless, of course, he keeps rotating between backs every few games even though they're doing well like he did the past few years.
    I would say more like he has a way with installing a zone blocking OL.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murcat410 View Post

I think what I'm saying is getting twisted by you guys. He has consistently had a great runningback in his offensive schemes. I think he plays a part in that because he coached LT during his record-setting best years in the NFL, he coached Ronnie Brown in his best season, and Ray Rice has consistently been one of the best running backs in the league. He's not consistent in his playcalling, hes too conservative, and his style of playcalling doesn't consistently win games in the nfl today (the ravens have to rely on their defense way too much with the weapons they have on offense.)

My argument simply is that he has been a part in LT's best seasons, Ronnie's best season, and Ray Rice's career. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens next and if that trend will continue. Not calling the guy a master mind or anything, I think firing him was the right move.
    Maybe he has just been lucky to have RBs during their primes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ronnie Brown only play 7 games when Cam Cameron was the Dolphins HC? Hard to draw anything conclusive from that sample size.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I like Flacco, but his biggest problem is Cameron wanted him to play like Peyton Manning (win via QB), when in reality he needed to be used like Jake Delhomme in 2008. Pound the ball and then break them with a play-action, and let him get his big opportunities in the 2 minute drills. Oh, and of course let him throw 5 INTs in the playoffs...

vCash
    Rice's fantasy value just went up for FF playoffs.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Maybe he has just been lucky to have RBs during their primes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ronnie Brown only play 7 games when Cam Cameron was the Dolphins HC? Hard to draw anything conclusive from that sample size.
    You could be right, that's why im saying: it'll be interesting to see where he goes next and what will happen there. With LT, he had his career best season: 2006 season L.T. established NFL records for touchdowns (31), rushing touchdowns (28), points scored (186), and consecutive multi-touchdown games (8). That season was Cam's last season with him. He had a good season without Cam but after that he began to age, so its impossible to know if Cam was responsible for his success.

Ronnie's 2007 season was only 7 games. I don't think that's too small a sample size because it was half a season and Ronnie's best performances of his career. After 7 games he led the NFL in all-purpose yards and was on pace for 1300 yards rushing and 900 yards receiving, thats pretty impressive for a running back who only broke 1000 yards 1 time in his career and never had more than 360 yards receiving. Again, this showed why Cam doesn't work in the NFL, this type of football doesn't win games...even with Ronnie playing at his best we only won 1 game.

vCash
    thank you jesus, happy day for day for ravens fans

vCash
    It's about time.

Ray Rice=Your offense

Use him a lot.

vCash
    lions

cant be as bad as lenahan..

or QB coach
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner