Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Two missed FT's in the waning moments is choking. Sorry to break the Big News.
    Tell me this. Had those two free throws been all the points he scored in the quarter and we lost the game would he have still choked?

vCash
    GG oh and hawes showed up nice to see

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Tell me this. Had those two free throws been all the points he scored in the quarter and we lost the game would he have still choked?
    At that particular instant? No, of course not.

vCash
    random i just looked it up when ET scores 15 plus points the Sixers have a record of 7-2...i know thats a really small sample size but maybe ET needs to be involved maybe even more then he is now just throwing it out there

vCash
    Yeah he really choked to scoring 10 of his 23 in the 4th quarter right
    Two missed FT's in the waning moments is choking. Sorry to break the Big News.
    He scored 21 points in the 2nd half to lead the team to a victory and you're saying he choked?

vCash
    76ers 11-0 when leading after 3 quarters

vCash
    Nah. It's just that when he sucks...he really kills us.

He's playing fine lately. Defense is bad, rebounding good, not great.

But he looks good with the ball and is making good decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    He scored 21 points in the 2nd half to lead the team to a victory and you're saying he choked?
    Apparently you didn't read the exchange. (Hey, there's something new!)

When he missed those two foul shots - he choked. In other words - he choked when he missed those two foul shots.

Capice?

vCash
    This argument is stupid. You can choke a couple of freethrows and not choke the whole quarter. Jrue had some bad plays and free throws, and given they were late and dumb Ricky called them 'choke' instead of 'bad'. And we're really arguing about it?

vCash
    At that particular instant? No, of course not.
    So you're saying making 2 free throws late is more critical than scoring 13 points in the 4th.

We were down at the half he scores 21 points on 9-13 from the field. Anyone saying anything he did was choking is utterly MORONIC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    This argument is stupid. You can choke a couple of freethrows and not choke the whole quarter. Jrue had some bad plays and free throws, and given they were late and dumb Ricky called them 'choke' instead of 'bad'. And we're really arguing about it?
    Thank you bholly. (Although missing late, important free throws isn't 'bad', it's 'choking'.)

The comment was made way-back-when it happened and certain...er...posters can't let it go. It's funny.

vCash
    So you're saying making 2 free throws late is more critical than scoring 13 points in the 4th.

We were down at the half he scores 21 points on 9-13 from the field. Anyone saying anything he did was choking is utterly MORONIC.
    He choked on the foul shots. Doesn't matter what he did before or after. Those foul shots were chokes, and he'd probably tell you the same thing.

Let me ask YOU something, Einstein. If he sucked all game long...and missed those foul shots...would he have choked?

Don't answer. It's irrelevant.

vCash
    Second half:

1. Get more AGGRESSIVE. Maybe you, too, will sniff the foul line.
    2. Get more REBOUNDS. Talking to you Lavoy, Thad.
    3. Play DEFENSE Evan. Sheesh. Prince looks like half his actual age of 57.
    4. And Holiday and JRich - don't rush your shots...but actively look for them. (Get the difference???)

Come on, beat this team. We've lost 3 of 4 and been blown out twice.

Oh, and Detroit blows chunks.
    Hey, what do ya know? They did do these things in the second half...and won.

I should be a coach maybe.

vCash
    Hey, what do ya know? They did do these things in the second half...and won.

I should be a coach maybe.
    Did they do those things? We didn't really get to the paint or the line more, we just started dropping the mid range shots. We also didn't rebound all that much more, at least as far as I saw - Lavoy and Thad in particular only had 4 rebounds between them in the second half.
    Defense stepped up a bit, but ET wasn't much better on Prince.

From what I saw it was on the see-saw until they lost the ability to finish around the basket in the last few minutes, and at the same time Jrue hit a couple of midrangers and they started sending us to the line. That was the ballgame right there.

I'm absolutely not denying the importance of the things you mentioned - I just think tonight wasn't a victory because we did those things, it was because they're a mediocre team that got colder than us late.
    Last edited by bholly; 12-10-2012 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    you stated the obvious there dont ya think...?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast