Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEraFt.ET12 View Post
    wowow bynum just said he expects to miss no more than one month
    Where? Didn't he also say earlier today that it's 'obviously possible' that he doesn't play all season?

vCash
    Oh God. Even the WHITE GUY blows by Evan.

We need a new "lock down" perimeter guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Where? Didn't he also say earlier today that it's 'obviously possible' that he doesn't play all season?
    I just checked RGM and there was a title saying "Bynum speaks to media, expects to miss no more than one month"

but the article they sited says nothing about that..

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...One_More_Month

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Oh God. Even the WHITE GUY blows by Evan.

We need a new "lock down" perimeter guy.
    There are only a handful of true "lock down" defenders in the league. I think we need an eraser/shot-changer (hopefully Bynum) around the basket to help account for our lapses and improve our team defense. We won't find a defender of Igoudala's quality for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy76 View Post
    We won't find a defender of Igoudala's quality for a long time.
    Didn't say we could.

Just looking for our 'main defender' to occasionally move his feet.

vCash
    Geez, one possession. Four fouls for the Pistons and we are in the penalty now.

vCash
    Doug. Meet Kwame. Kwame, Doug.

vCash
    Didn't say we could.

Just looking for our 'main defender' to occasionally move his feet.
    True, Turner's defense is kind of hot and cold in my opinion. Some nights he'll do a really good job of staying in front of his man and making it tough. Others he'll look a step slow.

vCash
    Got out to a great start, and once again our soft play inside lets them come right back in virtually no time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEraFt.ET12 View Post
    I hope jrue doesnt make the asg
    Can't consider someone who says **** like this a fan of a team or a player. You SHOULD be hoping that Jrue makes the necessary improvements as the season progresses to not only be deserving of making the ASG this year but going forward as well. That's a RickyPrior/ABynumSucks type comment.

vCash
    Too much Hawes right now.

vCash
    Please Bynum.

Take a Motrin and get in there.

vCash
    WTF kind of late whistle was that

vCash
    Bigtime follow by Evan

vCash
    Seems like the same themes night in and night out.

Doug? Care to respond to that?
    I'm not sure he notices. For three seasons now he's run this offense that depends on long twos instead of taking it strong and getting to the line, doesn't get offensive rebounds, doesn't have really any reliable offensive sets to rely on when needed (ie late), but at least doesn't turn the ball over. We rely almost entirely on getting hot from midrange (and, when we had Jodie, from deep), and it looks great when we do, but it's not going to win us that many games.

Look at the team he was building before we lucked into the Bynum trade - our big men were the same as what we had now but with Vuc too. Our wings were the same less JRich plus Iggy and Moe. He's trying to run this soft, non-agressive, long-two offense. All the evidence points toward that being his plan.

Instead of seeing everything (low offensive rebound rate, low free throw rate, low shooting percentages, low turnover rate, awful in close games) as results of his ****** offense and changing it, he hangs is hat on the low turnovers and the winning stretches and thinks he's almost there.
    He doesn't realize we're a bad FG% team because we're taking awful shots, instead he thinks we just need guys who're better at those bad shots - hence all the thing about getting shooters.

This is what Doug's building. This is it. I don't think he gets how all the bad is tied to it. This is what he's building.

The only real hope for his offense, as far as I can see, is that Bynum (hopefully) coming back will force him into something actually good. Our other big men just don't have the size/strength/desire to play down low, and our playmakers don't seem to have the needed desire to attack the rim properly. Unless the latter changes, I think this is it for us for this season. This is what Doug's building.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast