Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How would you feel if you were a Dodgers fan?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excited about the addition of so much talent to the team and increasing chances for a World Series

83 65.35%
  • Nervous about future problems from spending so much money

44 34.65%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Both.

I'm excited about right now and the chances of winning a championship, but on the other I fear spending ourselves to oblivion down the line to the point of being stuck with these contracts. I look foward to having a better farm system, no doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    I disagree. It's playoffs or bust obviously, and once you get there who knows.

Also why should the fans be nervous? The owners and the front office should be nervous, it's their money, there's no reason for the fans to be anything but excited.
    I think I've said this before, and probably missed your response.

But there are some obvious situations in today's MLB where there have been teams (Sawx and Yangx) shelled out money, traded prospects and are now dealing with the repercussions. They didn't spend their money wisely, and look what happened. I don't think you want what happened to us or what looks like is about to happen to the Yankees to happen to the Dodgers.

That might just be a stupid comparison and if it is, feel free to say "Evan, you're being baseball ignorant again", and I'll go on my way.

I think considering the expectations I'd be a little nervous, but it would certainly, at least right now, be offset by the excitement of the team that's on the field.

vCash
    Id be happy if my team would spend money like its nothing but at the same time I'd rather they throw that kinda money at players deserving lol
    " Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4, Not 5, Not 6....."

vCash
    Not sure why anyone would fear the future... After what we went through as fans under McCcourt , we can only look up and feel the excitement of what new ownership is doing in such a short time. People fail to realize that Dodger Ownership is spending quite a bit of money on the major league roster, but also spending quite a bit of money on our farm system as well. Once these large contracts get traded away or expire, we should still be in a position to contend in the West with a good mixture of youth and veterans. I for one am excited for the upcoming season and the future. Go Doyers!!!!

DEDICATED TO DWIGHT HOWARD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I think I've said this before, and probably missed your response.

But there are some obvious situations in today's MLB where there have been teams (Sawx and Yangx) shelled out money, traded prospects and are now dealing with the repercussions. They didn't spend their money wisely, and look what happened. I don't think you want what happened to us or what looks like is about to happen to the Yankees to happen to the Dodgers.

That might just be a stupid comparison and if it is, feel free to say "Evan, you're being baseball ignorant again", and I'll go on my way.

I think considering the expectations I'd be a little nervous, but it would certainly, at least right now, be offset by the excitement of the team that's on the field.
    I'm confused. What's there to be nervous about? My favorite team has one of the best rosters in the sport, and have an ownership that's shown a clear willingness to win whatever the cost. I'll be nervous if they're 40-50 at the All Star Break, that's for sure. And I'll be nervous if guys like Adrian Gonzalez or Carl Crawford fall flat on their faces early on (less so with Beckett or Hanley as they're more short term investments), but right now, why be nervous?

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    If I was a Dodgers fan, I'd be happy about the willingness to spend, there's no denying that. I'd just be really frustrated with how they've decided to spent. Kershaw and Kemp are really awesome players, and Greinke is a very nice addition, but none of the others around them are peaking in their careers. I don't think the Hanley pickup was a good one, and likewise I through the Boston trade was just ridiculous.

As I said in the Royals trade thread regarding Dayton Moore, I think the Dodgers ownership and front office are trying to make a big splash and I think they'll drown in it. I really am not a fan of any of the National League teams, so it isn't like I'm bitter that a team I follow has to compete with them, I just think they should have been smarter about allocating their resources.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    If it's successful. There is a lot of risk being taken on if these deals do not work out for the Dodgers.

As a fan, you have to enjoy that the new ownership group is committing to making the team better. But there is plenty of risk, as we have seen plenty of teams load up in free agency before and it not work out.

Of course, the Dodgers are not just loading up on free agency, but taking on contracts in trades. But it's essentially the same thing.
    basically this.

vCash
    It would be somewhat equal for me, but rooting for a sports team is all about rooting for them to win a championship, and the Dodgers have a great chance to do just that.

vCash
    Its like being a Yankee fan now. If you dont win the WS your season was worthless. There isnt really positives to pull from it. Id hate to have that feeling. But at least you can expect to compete for a WS every year
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Fabulous View Post
    It ain't my money. Spend it how ever they want. Just give me a championship!!
    this.

I don't understand why people get so worked up over the amount of $$ teams spend. Its not mine, so I don't give a ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    I'm confused. What's there to be nervous about? My favorite team has one of the best rosters in the sport, and have an ownership that's shown a clear willingness to win whatever the cost. I'll be nervous if they're 40-50 at the All Star Break, that's for sure. And I'll be nervous if guys like Adrian Gonzalez or Carl Crawford fall flat on their faces early on (less so with Beckett or Hanley as they're more short term investments), but right now, why be nervous?
    Alot of us red sox fans thought the same way, how did that work out for us? Just saying... everything always looks great on paper, but they have to produce on the field for it to be worth anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    I can't envision myself as a Dodger's fan so IDK
    #FreeCrooner!!!! #FreeCrooner!!!! #FreeCrooner!!!! #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ne3xchamps View Post
    Alot of us red sox fans thought the same way, how did that work out for us? Just saying... everything always looks great on paper, but they have to produce on the field for it to be worth anything.
    But were you worried in December? That's the point.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ne3xchamps View Post
    this.

I don't understand why people get so worked up over the amount of $$ teams spend. Its not mine, so I don't give a ****.
    I don't understand why people say, "It's not my money, I don't care."

Sure it's not your money, but when teams spend wildlly it tends to bite them in the *** down the line and restricts them from making good moves when they need to because they have too much allocated to a certain group of players.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I would feel sad that I don't root for the Giants

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast