Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How would you feel if you were a Dodgers fan?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excited about the addition of so much talent to the team and increasing chances for a World Series

83 65.35%
  • Nervous about future problems from spending so much money

44 34.65%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    It's World Series or bust for them.

I'd be pretty goddamn nervous.
    I disagree. It's playoffs or bust obviously, and once you get there who knows.

Also why should the fans be nervous? The owners and the front office should be nervous, it's their money, there's no reason for the fans to be anything but excited.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

Dcup is online now In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    If I were a Dodgers fan I would be worried that ticket prices and concessions will kill me when I went to the stadium.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

3. 12-10-2012, 11:28 AM
    Reason
    Inappropriate joke

vCash
    As a Dodger fan I used to be for a salary cap and floor, but now I see what it's like having unlimited money and its focking awesome

vCash
    Both.

vCash
    We are still building for the future. But right now a lot of those players are still 2-3 years away from being on the major league roster. So instead of folding the Dodgers are going for it all.

I don't want to be like the Yankees but as long as it slows down in the next few years I think it will be alright.

vCash
    Dodgers fans should feel excited. They have a pretty stacked team.

I think a few of them are overrated (HanRam unless he reverts to 2009 status and Ethier, potentially Gonzo but i think he will kill it this year), but overall they're loaded. Crawford should bring defensive value back into his game with more room to use his range in LF which will increase his value, Kemp and Kershaw are just freaks, and now there's Greinke who has a phenomenal track record in bigger ballparks.

People hate their spending, which is understandable, but money never guarantee's wins. Overall the Dodgers are a good team regardless of people's feelings about the way the team is making decisions.

vCash
    why would the Dodgers be anything other than excited? they are putting together one hell of a baseball team with a great starting rotation.
    the contracts and money they are throwing out now aren't anything to worry about just yet.

vCash
    We already get crap all the time and we haven't played a full season yet. Lol of course I'm nervous. If they pull an Angels next year it's gonna get brutal.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    Just remember what happened to the Rangers and what has already happened to the Dodgers. If they can support spending that much on a #2 pitcher, great. If they don't care about being brutalized by the luxury tax that even the Yankees are afraid of, good for them. The amount of money they are going to have to pay Kershaw now is going to be laughable. He will easily be in the $30mm/year range. This is not sour grapes because the Rangers didn't get Greinke, I would have been pissed if the Rangers had signed him to that contract. But, maybe it all works out for them, who knows? I just know I don't want my team spending like that and applying possible handcuffs to future payrolls.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    Giants fans go enjoy your titles and let the Dodgers ownership spend money like crazy I am excited and scared all at the same time. I don't think they will do this constantly but they really needed to make a massive splash to convince the fans that they weren't McCourt. I think that they have done it. And for all the naysayers, remember this. Dodger Stadium is owned by the team, so after operations everything they make is profit, nothing goes to payments or anything. And they are about to be getting $250 million a year from their TV deal. Plus whatever they get from the league. The tv deal will be paying the players and everything else is gravy. Now they just gotta win money isnt the issue.

vCash
    I'd be upset that we didnt spend more efficiently. A team with 200 million dollar payroll shouldn't have that many question marks but it would be pretty damn exciting.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    I'd be upset that we didnt spend more efficiently. A team with 200 million dollar payroll shouldn't have that many question marks.
    Yeah I agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    It's World Series or bust for them.

I'd be pretty goddamn nervous.
    This, anything short of a World Series would be a failure. I look forward to the Giants making their failure possible.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd feel ashamed and disgusted.
    I guess we don't have to follow this thread up with a "How do Giants fans feel about the Dodgers?" thread, as we can already tell the answer is "petty and obnoxious"

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    I feel excited that all the time and money I spend on the Dodgers actually translates into the team spending money. I should feel less about my team when they get better? Makes no sense. I mean, of course any logical fan knows that if we had to make a bet on the 2016 Dodger team, we wouldn't currently feel good about it. And we also know that not making the playoffs would be devastating, not cause we lose anything (and me personally, not cause I care if we get ridiculed) but because going to the playoffs is the goal every year for this team. But I don't see how the feelings of nervousness about not making the playoffs should not be a greater feeling than those shared by the fans of Yankees, Giants, Phillies, Nationals, Rangers, Angels, Cardinals, Tigers, anyone who is set in a win in 2013 mode. Sure, the Dodgers owners spent more money than those guys, but that's the greatest asset they lost: money that belongs to some rich dudes. I find it funny that people here who are money-makers for MLB teams don't get more angry that your respective team isn't using more money but instead just like to ridicule a team that does as if not spending that money and having option B is much better going forward. (And continually ignoring how much the Dodgers are enhancing the scouting department with new great hires).

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast