Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How would you feel if you were a Dodgers fan?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excited about the addition of so much talent to the team and increasing chances for a World Series

83 65.35%
  • Nervous about future problems from spending so much money

44 34.65%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

How would you feel if you were a Dodgers fan?

Excited about the addition of so much talent to the team and increasing chances for a World Series
    or
    Nervous about future problems from spending crazy amounts of money

vCash
    You could ask the posters in the Dodgers forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roylikeswaffles View Post
    You could ask the posters in the Dodgers forum
    Its "if" you were a Dodgers fan.
    Most people in the LA forum would probably pick option B.
    It needs to be non-biased
    however, Dodger fans are welcome to vote and post their opinions

vCash
    The general consensus is "B", but they have a lot of talent and money doesn't appear to be an issue so...

vCash
    Idk, i mean they are spending money like it grows on trees....

vCash
    I would say both.

vCash
    never would i want my fav team to spend 147 million dollars on a pitcher, especially since he's not even in the top 5

vCash
    Id be so excited, if they have that kinda money to throw around then go ahead and buy the best talent in the league.
    Of course not being a Dodgers fan im pissed

vCash
    It's World Series or bust for them.

I'd be pretty goddamn nervous.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    It's World Series or bust for them.

I'd be pretty goddamn nervous.
    I disagree. It's playoffs or bust obviously, and once you get there who knows.

Also why should the fans be nervous? The owners and the front office should be nervous, it's their money, there's no reason for the fans to be anything but excited.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    I disagree. It's playoffs or bust obviously, and once you get there who knows.

Also why should the fans be nervous? The owners and the front office should be nervous, it's their money, there's no reason for the fans to be anything but excited.
    I think I've said this before, and probably missed your response.

But there are some obvious situations in today's MLB where there have been teams (Sawx and Yangx) shelled out money, traded prospects and are now dealing with the repercussions. They didn't spend their money wisely, and look what happened. I don't think you want what happened to us or what looks like is about to happen to the Yankees to happen to the Dodgers.

That might just be a stupid comparison and if it is, feel free to say "Evan, you're being baseball ignorant again", and I'll go on my way.

I think considering the expectations I'd be a little nervous, but it would certainly, at least right now, be offset by the excitement of the team that's on the field.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I think I've said this before, and probably missed your response.

But there are some obvious situations in today's MLB where there have been teams (Sawx and Yangx) shelled out money, traded prospects and are now dealing with the repercussions. They didn't spend their money wisely, and look what happened. I don't think you want what happened to us or what looks like is about to happen to the Yankees to happen to the Dodgers.

That might just be a stupid comparison and if it is, feel free to say "Evan, you're being baseball ignorant again", and I'll go on my way.

I think considering the expectations I'd be a little nervous, but it would certainly, at least right now, be offset by the excitement of the team that's on the field.
    I'm confused. What's there to be nervous about? My favorite team has one of the best rosters in the sport, and have an ownership that's shown a clear willingness to win whatever the cost. I'll be nervous if they're 40-50 at the All Star Break, that's for sure. And I'll be nervous if guys like Adrian Gonzalez or Carl Crawford fall flat on their faces early on (less so with Beckett or Hanley as they're more short term investments), but right now, why be nervous?

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    If I was a Dodgers fan, I'd be happy about the willingness to spend, there's no denying that. I'd just be really frustrated with how they've decided to spent. Kershaw and Kemp are really awesome players, and Greinke is a very nice addition, but none of the others around them are peaking in their careers. I don't think the Hanley pickup was a good one, and likewise I through the Boston trade was just ridiculous.

As I said in the Royals trade thread regarding Dayton Moore, I think the Dodgers ownership and front office are trying to make a big splash and I think they'll drown in it. I really am not a fan of any of the National League teams, so it isn't like I'm bitter that a team I follow has to compete with them, I just think they should have been smarter about allocating their resources.

vCash
    I'm confused. What's there to be nervous about? My favorite team has one of the best rosters in the sport, and have an ownership that's shown a clear willingness to win whatever the cost. I'll be nervous if they're 40-50 at the All Star Break, that's for sure. And I'll be nervous if guys like Adrian Gonzalez or Carl Crawford fall flat on their faces early on (less so with Beckett or Hanley as they're more short term investments), but right now, why be nervous?
    Alot of us red sox fans thought the same way, how did that work out for us? Just saying... everything always looks great on paper, but they have to produce on the field for it to be worth anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole.World.9.27 View Post
    Brady is not a difference-maker or a playmaker. He's a product of the system who happens to play the QB position.

vCash
    You aren't nervous about Carl Crawford yet?

The Cult of Gattis

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast