Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

D-Backs Not Looking to Trade Justin Upton

SATURDAY, 12:20pm: The D'Backs have let other teams know they're willing to trade Upton for the right package, reports ESPN's Buster Olney.*"They wouldn't be pushing it this hard in the middle of the year unless they really wanted him out of there," said one official. Olney hears that the situation reminds teams of the Rockies and*Ubaldo Jimenez*last summer.
    -MLBTR

He would be a hot commodity for many teams, especially at his young age.

vCash
    Looking* in the title. My bad

vCash
    Must be a lot of tension there for them to be willing to trade a young star in a down year. Talk about trading him at the worst possible time.

vCash
    Cubs offer up Paul Maholm.

Get'r done Theo!

(obligatory bad trade proposal out of the way).
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    -MLBTR

He would be a hot commodity for many teams, especially at his young age.

We've been discussing this in the Mets forum and yeah the "right package" is difficult to quantify.

The kid is an amazing talent and at 24 years old, the asking price is going to be quite hefty (Two A prospects or at least One A and a B, maybe more)

He is locked up for the next 3 1/2 years and has 41 million dollars left on his deal so he is a bargain if he hits like he did last year.

But he has struggled this year so i doubt he goes anywhere between the Dback's possible asking price and his play on the field.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-07-2012 at 01:47 PM.

vCash
    Coming into the season he had 2 800 OPS seasons and 2 900 OPS seasons. As a 19-23 year old. When most guys his age are in college or the minor leagues. After Bautista Upton was probably the next best RF in the game coming into this year. And they're just going to get rid of him because he had a down year?

Unless he's injured or he's lost bat speed every team should be opening up the farm for him.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    We've been discussing this in the Mets forum and yeah the "right package" is difficult to quantify.

The kid is an amazing talent and at 24 years old, the asking price is going to be quite hefty (Two A prospects or at least One A and a B, maybe more)

He is locked up for the next 3 1/2 years and has 41 million dollars left on his deal so he is a bargain if he hits like he did last year.

But he has struggled this year so i doubt he goes anywhere between the Dback's possible asking price and his play on the field.
    For the Met I'd ask for both Wheeler and Harvey +.

Cubs would probably have to give up Jackson and Baez +.

vCash
    Hamels/Upton swap?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Coming into the season he had 2 800 OPS seasons and 2 900 OPS seasons. As a 19-23 year old. When most guys his age are in college or the minor leagues. After Bautista Upton was probably the next best RF in the game coming into this year. And they're just going to get rid of him because he had a down year?

Unless he's injured or he's lost bat speed every team should be opening up the farm for him.
    Yup.

I want him.

vCash
    Yankees would love him, especially with Swisher being a FA after this season. But they do not have the resources to get him. At least that is my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rickshaw View Post
    Hamels/Upton swap?
    Even though Hamels will be FA after this season? Don't think so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    Must be a lot of tension there for them to be willing to trade a young star in a down year. Talk about trading him at the worst possible time.
    Not necessarily. Don't you think the Rockies are glad they "sold low" on Ubaldo? Maybe the D-Backs believe this is their last chance to trade him while they can still get 2-4 nice prospects back for him.

vCash
    Get it done AA !! Snider, Marisnick, Sanchez, McGuire ?

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jon32 View Post
    Get it done AA !! Snider, Marisnick, Sanchez, McGuire ?
    This.

vCash
    Texas might be interested as a replacement for Hamilton?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast