Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    966
    vCash
    1500

    Why Amar’e Matters

    I’ve been perplexed by the number of people either worried that Amar’e Stoudemire will struggle to fit into this New York Knicks roster, or stranger still, that he might ruin the team’s 15-5 start somehow.

    It’s tortured logic, requiring a direct comparison between last season’s team and this one that ignores all other changes other than the presence/absence of Stoudemire. It’s the same reason why the idea that the Knicks are magically better with Raymond Felton than Jeremy Lin means ignoring, for instance, the presence of Jason Kidd next to only Felton, or a more efficient Anthony playing at both ends, etc.

    This is a different Knicks team. And not only would almost any team improve by having an offensive player with Stoudemire’s skills, this particularly Knicks team has needs that require a presence like Stoudemire to maximize what it can do.

    Consider what we saw this past weekend. Without Carmelo Anthony, the Knicks had exactly no one who creates offense alone. No, Felton taking 30 shots does not count as creating offense, not when so many of them were essentially bailing out of a possession with a contested jumper. That’s not his fault, really: there weren’t any viable options without Anthony.

    This problem isn’t as glaring when Anthony is around. After all, he plays 35 minutes per game. But that still leaves a vast portion of the game with the Knicks in need of another offensive focal point, not to mention all the times when Anthony faces foul trouble, or injury, or just needs more rest to stay fresh for the playoffs.

    That’s plenty of opportunity right there.
    Then there’s the fact that Rasheed Wallace has been getting plenty of high-usage minutes at the power forward spot. He’s usually been getting them with Anthony out. And he’s not shooting particularly well, certainly well under what Stoudemire managed throughout his career.

    When Wallace is around, Stoudemire still provides a vastly better offensive option. And let’s not forget, Wallace is two years removed from his last NBA season. Injuries (like the left foot injury that kept him out against the Nuggets) and fatigue will play a part here, too; it is distinctly possible that his performance will decline from this sub-40 percent shooting point.

    Now there’s a different point to the Stoudemire questions, and good ones, in my opinion: whether the Knicks will give back much of their offensive improvement this season by pushing Stoudemire into the starting lineup, and Anthony back to small forward. That is justified, and a concern.

    But even this feels overblown, at least in terms of certainty. Simply, Anthony and Stoudemire have never spent time co-existing with a stable point guard and system for any length of time. Figuring out a way to get the two of them complementing each other for about 10-15 minutes per game is far from impossible. It might not be ideal, especially at first; but having two elite offensive talents on the floor at the same time doesn’t automatically benefit the defense, you know.

    Seeing Stoudemire move closer to a return while the Knicks struggle for offense, especially with Anthony off the floor, ought to be cause for celebration. That some fans are anticipating it with dread has more to do with the dysfunction of the past few seasons than the legitimate needs of this far more promising one.
    http://http://knicks.lohud**********

    I definitely agree completely when Stat gets back it's really on!!!
    Last edited by kartyea; 12-10-2012 at 01:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,558
    vCash
    1500
    I have no worries about Stat

    I cant wait until he returns

    debating his use will be fun

    In woody we trust

    that's what she said


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,411
    vCash
    1500
    Well Amare just isn't that good of a player at this point. And if he gets treated like he is this great superstar on the floor it will only throw everything off for this knicks team. Now if amare was just a career role player then I could see him having a small role. But the way it is now with him being called a superstar will only take away from melo's game. It's not worth it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    13,469
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    Well Amare just isn't that good of a player at this point. And if he gets treated like he is this great superstar on the floor it will only throw everything off for this knicks team. Now if amare was just a career role player then I could see him having a small role. But the way it is now with him being called a superstar will only take away from melo's game. It's not worth it
    Wait Im confused. Your saying because Amare was/is a superstar/all-star that he won't accept his lesser role on the team? Have you read or watch any interviews wit him? He sounds just like Melo did this whole off-season. Just because somebody was a superstar doesn't mean they won't and can't accept a lesser role Sheed/KG/Kidd/Allen/Shaq/Hill...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

    This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

    This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

    I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

    This is going to be a piece of cake.

    12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NY/FL
    Posts
    1,695
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    Well Amare just isn't that good of a player at this point. And if he gets treated like he is this great superstar on the floor it will only throw everything off for this knicks team. Now if amare was just a career role player then I could see him having a small role. But the way it is now with him being called a superstar will only take away from melo's game. It's not worth it
    How can you say that he isn't that good of a player anymore? Obviously he didn't have a phenomenal year last season, but the guy went through a lot of crap. Injuries, his brothers death, shortened season, etc. Let's give the man the benefit of the doubt and see what he can bring to this team when he gets back. He's already stated that he wouldn't be opposed to coming off the bench. That statement right there has team player written all over it. I'm personally excited for his return and have faith that they will gel.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,558
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Wait Im confused. Your saying because Amare was/is a superstar/all-star that he won't accept his lesser role on the team? Have you read or watch any interviews wit him? He sounds just like Melo did this whole off-season. Just because somebody was a superstar doesn't mean they won't and can't accept a lesser role Sheed/KG/Kidd/Allen/Shaq/Hill...
    McHale


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    13,469
    vCash
    1000
    I want Amare gone for a decent deal that helps but its not like he is coming off a "horrible" year... He avg 18-8 that pretty damn good and higher then anybody on this team besides Melo..
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

    This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

    This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

    I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

    This is going to be a piece of cake.

    12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,411
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    Wait Im confused. Your saying because Amare was/is a superstar/all-star that he won't accept his lesser role on the team? Have you read or watch any interviews wit him? He sounds just like Melo did this whole off-season. Just because somebody was a superstar doesn't mean they won't and can't accept a lesser role Sheed/KG/Kidd/Allen/Shaq/Hill...
    I'll believe it when I see it. plus now you are taking melo from the 4 (PF) spot. This alone makes Amare coming back a huge risk. Melo has played dominant at the 4 . Why on earth would any of yall want to move melo to the 3 position now Yall have to think bout this stuff before yall call for amare to come back. It makes zero sense to mess up the flow of your teams best player like that
    Last edited by LOOTERX9; 12-10-2012 at 02:37 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,411
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    How can you say that he isn't that good of a player anymore? Obviously he didn't have a phenomenal year last season, but the guy went through a lot of crap. Injuries, his brothers death, shortened season, etc. Let's give the man the benefit of the doubt and see what he can bring to this team when he gets back. He's already stated that he wouldn't be opposed to coming off the bench. That statement right there has team player written all over it. I'm personally excited for his return and have faith that they will gel.

    Well Amare's personal problems are not my concern. He has millions that give him comfort each night. I'm trying to win games here, not coddle this fake superstar named Amare. This sad sap took himself out of 2 playoff series here doing stupidity and yet yall are begging for this clown to come back? Well yall can have him cause I have no use for him

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    13,469
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. plus now you are taking melo from the 4 (PF) spot. This alone makes Amare coming back a huge risk. Melo has played dominant at the 4 . Why on earth would any of yall want to move melo to the 3 position now Yall have to think bout this stuff before yall call for amare to come back. It makes zero sense to mess up the flow of your teams best player like that
    When Woodson took over Melo and Stat looked perfectly fine together to me....
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

    This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

    This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

    I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

    This is going to be a piece of cake.

    12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    9,922
    vCash
    1500
    If Amar'e really matters....it will be clearly evident when he returns. If we start losing it will be his fault. If we become an unstoppable force of nature he would be able to co exsist with Melo and Tyson.

    If we remains the same exact team we are now Amar'e would be a bench player that comes in and do pretty much the same stuff he did last year.

    Either way not holding my breath on "I feel great" Stoudemire.
    Last edited by Missing56&33; 12-10-2012 at 02:50 PM.

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    490
    vCash
    1500
    3 Weeks Ago When I Was backing Up/Pro Amare ...90% of yall Was Shooting down everything i was saying & saying he Need to be traded and come off the bench and all this other ******** ...Now everybody wanna give the man a chance again ....You people kill me

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    490
    vCash
    1500
    Amare Gonna Come back Strong ....boy ...Member When yall was saying Jeremy Lin is better than Raymond Felton -_- ? And Trade Melo during the "Linsanity" -_- & even when Amare signed Nobody expected him to dominate like that .... Aww man Im Waiting Patiently b

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LOOTERX9 View Post
    Well Amare's personal problems are not my concern. He has millions that give him comfort each night. I'm trying to win games here, not coddle this fake superstar named Amare. This sad sap took himself out of 2 playoff series here doing stupidity and yet yall are begging for this clown to come back? Well yall can have him cause I have no use for him
    Unbelievable...

    Just because you hate your life.. Doesn't mean everyone else should.. The man has millions so he is automatically a cyborg that wont be affected by the death of his older brother?.. Are you kiddin me?.

    The article said it clear as day.. These guys havent been on the floor together with a stable PG for an extended amount of time.. We now have 3 of those players.. When Stat gets back.. We will become a better team...

    And like another poster mentioned.. The man averaged 18 and 8 last season.. He is still valuable and still can help this team..

    Some of you folks kill me.. You wanted to get rid of Melo during Linsanity.. Now you want to get rid of Amar'e... I have said it over and over and over again.. If we want to win anything of consequence.. We are going to need both Amare and Melo to play well together.. In 'TANDEM'.. The way we are playing will get us plenty of regular season games.. But those grind out wins.. You need guys that can score the basketball.. Melo is one.. When the defense loads up on him.. You need another guy that will make them Pay.. Amare is the other guy...

    This is the reason Lebron left Cleveland.. The reason Kobe didnt win without Shaq until he got Pau.. etc.. etc.. Unbelievable...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NY/FL
    Posts
    1,695
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkeymelo View Post
    3 Weeks Ago When I Was backing Up/Pro Amare ...90% of yall Was Shooting down everything i was saying & saying he Need to be traded and come off the bench and all this other ******** ...Now everybody wanna give the man a chance again ....You people kill me
    I can only speak for myself, but I've always wanted the man to stay in NY. With that being said, I would like to see him come off the bench because I believe that will benefit the team the most.


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •