Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gym manners?

vCash

Gym manners?

My dad owns a small gym so I have been working out on and off for like 4 years. I'll add with little to no consistency unfortunately, until about 6 weeks ago. One of the trainers there needed a gym buddy and I have been training 5 days a week with him since that day. I can't remember a time when I was happier and I'm already seeing solid results.

I study hardest for school after a workout. My best mid term was taken after a workout. I'm just all around more pleasant to people after my workout.

So obviously being around the gym you see stuff like people on their phones, people talking, people adjusting your weight etc. . It's annoying but there is very little of that at my dads place because it's appointment only and it's usually only a couple trainers and a couple clients at a time.

That was sort of background info. . . Anyways so at this small gym which my dad owns on certai nworkout days I like to wear a hat. I have no idea why, I have no idea what it really does for me. I guess I just feel cool wearing it while doing certain exercises. Anyways last week one of my dads clients tells me it's disrespectful and that I'm insulting my dad and his gym by wearing my hat like a punk while working out. (I just wear a plain hurley cap forwards/backwards.)

Does people wearing a hat in the gym peeve you? If so why?

vCash
    LMFAO wow that's very weird. Just ignore the guy. No it's not insulting, just tell him it's to keep sweat off your forhead or something. Sounds like this guy is old fashioned and uptight. JMO

What is insulting are the guys who grunt or scream after they get done doing reps. They DO NOT look tough, only idiotic.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    LMFAO wow that's very weird. Just ignore the guy. No it's not insulting, just tell him it's to keep sweat off your forhead or something. Sounds like this guy is old fashioned and uptight. JMO

What is insulting are the guys who grunt or scream after they get done doing reps. They DO NOT look tough, only idiotic.
    Lol the trainer I work out with always does this. He's an awespme guy but the dude howls like he got shot on reps 9/10 every set lmao.

vCash
    I don't but I know people who do. I don't have a problem with it unless its like a toque or something ridiculous. Regular snapbacks/fitteds are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Lynch gets stronger as the season progresses and he makes love with the lights on. Lynch has been involved in 4 three ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Lol the trainer I work out with always does this. He's an awespme guy but the dude howls like he got shot on reps 9/10 every set lmao.
    Geez lol that is EXACTLY why I joined an all girls gym
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Why would wearing a hat be disrespectful? That's odd.

I have a million pet peeves but seeing someone wearing a baseball type cap isn't one of them.

vCash
    As long as it's a yankees hat its all good ebbs lol

Yeah that's really weird I would tell him to go f himself

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Sounds like that guy has something against you. Should have told him to EAT A

vCash
    I would take my hat off, whoop his ***, and then put the hat back on as I stand over him

Jk.

Not really.

But for real, it's not disrespectful in my eyes.

vCash
    Oh and adjusting your weight!? I would seriously beat the hell out of someone if they tried to change my weight!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Oh and adjusting your weight!? I would seriously beat the hell out of someone if they tried to change my weight!
    Lol yea when I worked out with a friend at a bigger club people would always take my equipment and adjust my weight imbetween sets.

I'm glad everyone is with me though not sure what this dudes problem is.

vCash
    Oh hell no. I would end up in jail. You're probably not too familiar with my temper yet huh

vCash
    Should've nut tapped the dude - sounds like a tool.

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    My dad owns a small gym so I have been working out on and off for like 4 years. I'll add with little to no consistency unfortunately, until about 6 weeks ago. One of the trainers there needed a gym buddy and I have been training 5 days a week with him since that day. I can't remember a time when I was happier and I'm already seeing solid results.

I study hardest for school after a workout. My best mid term was taken after a workout. I'm just all around more pleasant to people after my workout.

So obviously being around the gym you see stuff like people on their phones, people talking, people adjusting your weight etc. . It's annoying but there is very little of that at my dads place because it's appointment only and it's usually only a couple trainers and a couple clients at a time.

That was sort of background info. . . Anyways so at this small gym which my dad owns on certai nworkout days I like to wear a hat. I have no idea why, I have no idea what it really does for me. I guess I just feel cool wearing it while doing certain exercises. Anyways last week one of my dads clients tells me it's disrespectful and that I'm insulting my dad and his gym by wearing my hat like a punk while working out. (I just wear a plain hurley cap forwards/backwards.)

Does people wearing a hat in the gym peeve you? If so why?
    Is the gentleman older? Is he former military? Some older gentleman have a problem with this.

America per (1950) had what is know as gentleman behavior. One of these behaviors is not wearing a hat/ cap/ head gear inside a building. It shows a lack of decorum.

That was a long time ago, and is not applicable today. The guy has a problem or having a bad day. You may want to/ if not a big deal not wear it if it helps your dad.

But your choice, I as a rule never wear a hat of any kind inside. As I am in a very successful career that works with/ around some of this age demographic.

Hope that helps

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Oh hell no. I would end up in jail. You're probably not too familiar with my temper yet huh
    ^don't do this, its always better to resolve issues with patients and humility.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast