Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Medicine vs Engineering.

Fun little debate I just had with my friend (who's an engineering student) on FB about this same topic. Which do you think is more important? The study of Medicine or Engineering? (I'm an Accounting Major so I'm unbiased in all this).

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    They're both important

Doctors couldn't do much of what they do without the equipment made by engineers, but engineers would die a young death due to excessive Mountain Dew and Pringles consumption without doctors.

vCash
    How is this even an argument? It's a whole different field. I was an engineering major a couple years back, but went on and switched to Nursing. I'm planning to become a practitioner in few years, but the field is just completely different.

Arguing about which is better, architecture or engineer/medicine or nursing is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    How is this even an argument? It's a whole different field. I was an engineering major a couple years back, but went on and switched to Nursing. I'm planning to become a practitioner in few years, but the field is just completely different.

Arguing about which is better, architecture or engineer/medicine or nursing is better.
    His quote was something along the lines of "I don't see why people think that medicine is more important than engineering." I just like to debate, so I was trying to explain to him that man has 6 basic needs (food, water, clothing, shelter, medicine, land) everything else you requite after that are more "want" based than "need" based.

Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    I wouldn't go as far as to say medicine is a necessity. It's only a necessity if you're ill.

I'd say land isn't really a necessity, either, so long as you can acquire food and water and shelter otherwise.

I think you should reconsider those 6 basic needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I'd say land isn't really a necessity, either
    Don't tell that to the Palestinians.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to say medicine is a necessity. It's only a necessity if you're ill.

I'd say land isn't really a necessity, either, so long as you can acquire food and water and shelter otherwise.

I think you should reconsider those 6 basic needs.
    I learned it in commerce back in high school, not even sure if there is six anymore but from what I've remember is: Land is the distinction of all biomes and what you can extract from it. What are you going to build a shelter on if you have no land? And sickness is inevitable even in the any type of society so I guess that's why it's include.

Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    medicine
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    On a larger societal basis, Engineering.

Societal advancement and prosperity is very much the product of engineering. Whether that's irrigation canals, dams, the Wheel or electrical power plants, engineering is what drives societal progression and wealth.

On an individual basis, Medicine. Most people would choose health over conveniences. Medicine allows people to live longer lives, and lives with fewer debilitating conditions, less subject to the consequences and pain associated with illness.

While wiping out Polio or discovering penicillin is great, the Human race still invented technologies like the wheel, irrigation, and construction, built tremendous empires, and mastered the four corners of the earth despite living shorter lifespans ravaged by plagues, diseases and malnutrition.

vCash
    Medicine for me as well.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: Disappointing regular season, hoping for good things in 2015.
    Indianapolis Colts: 5-2, Week 8 vs. Steelers
    Dallas Mavericks: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 4-1-0, games this week vs. Toronto, New Jersey, Chicago

vCash
    put me down for medicine.

vCash
    Engineering... robots are all already taking over in the surgery room, sure they are controlled by a surgeon but they are being replaced in their field.

vCash
    Math

vCash
    Every professional has importance in his area....

vCash
    Correct me if i write anything wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast