Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Are the Dodgers now the team to beat in the West?

I would say no. I think the Giants since they are the World Series winners last season. Even though it pains me to say that. Well I think with all the salary and newly signed pitching to the Dodgers starting rotation might have just as much pressure to win. I don't think the team is done with their roster. I still see a couple more free agent signees. Maybe not major ones, but bench or a starting infielder possible. Or even a couple trades. I know The Dodgers front are gearing up to win this coming season. Specially with In recent years, there have been talk about the Angeles being the team in Los Angeles. Then having a rival up north win the series. I know Magic wants it bad, I know Dodgers fan want it just as bad to. 1988 has been to long. I feel like its going to be are year this coming season. Lets go Dodgers. Can't wait till the season starts.
    Last edited by RAIDLAKDODG4LIF; 12-10-2012 at 01:39 AM.

vCash
    Technically it's the Giants since they're the defending champions, but I think we have a better team IMO, and I'll leave it at that

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Technically it's the Giants since they're the defending champions, but I think we have a better team IMO, and I'll leave it at that
    I'm with u on that. We do have a better team.

vCash
    Nope. Not the best. None of these hitters have proven themselves. We lost to the Phil's twice.

vCash
    What?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersRule!! View Post
    Nope. Not the best. None of these hitters have proven themselves. We lost to the Phil's twice.
    That was a long time ago.

I think only 4 current players were even with us then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersRule!! View Post
    I think you're just mad because the Lakers lost...again!
    Very ignorant comment.

vCash
    I have some doubts with the offense. Kemp did his mashing in a garbage season, Andre is too unpredictable and Ramirez can look terrible at the plate. Just have to wait and see "HOW CLUTCH" they can be during the season and playoffs.

Its a good start by signing some pitching. It helps!

You guys need to calm down, though, with the "HIGH EXPECTATIONS". A thread such as this is only gonna let you down later.

Lakers loosing is fine, i'm still a fan. I still watch the Dodgers and we've been loosing for over 24 yrs. Oh, yeah! I'm ignorant too, lol
    Last edited by lakersRule!!; 12-10-2012 at 03:37 AM.

vCash
    Dodgers still need to lock up the infield I am not a huge fan of Hanley at SS. He may not agree with it but 3B is where he needs to be IMO. Starting pitching should be ok now that Bills and Beckett move to the 3 and 4 spot with Greinke coming on board. That Ryu guy may even slide into that 3/4 spot if he proves himself quickly. Hopefully the outfield produces this coming year with Crawford coming in.

vCash
    yep Vagiants suck

vCash
    On paper, yes. But we'll see come april.
    The Runnin' Rebels are back!!!!

UNLV Class of '14

LA Kings: 27-16-5 (4-2, 4-3, 1-4)
    LA Clippers: 56-26 (2-4)
    UNLV Runnin' Rebels:
    LA Dodgers: 33-42

vCash
    I'll say it now. The Dodgers will win the NL West & win 100 games. About the Philles statement. 4 players from those years still remain on team. Kershaw, Bills, kemp, Ethier. Those players were still still coming into their own. Well at least Kershaw, and Kemp. Plus the Philles were the better team at that point. Pitching wins in the playoffs. I think the Dodgers will hit all season long, and into the playoffs. The biggest problem I thought then was the Dodgers needed shut down starting pitching. Just like the Philles had. Now with a experience Kershaw, and Greinke. I think the Dodgers have it all now. Starting pitching, bullpen, hitting, and fielding, SS ? Still might get fixed. Over all. Yeah the Giants are the team to beat cause they're the defending champs. But the Dodgers are the better team now.

vCash
    On paper, dodgers are better.

In reality, Giants are better since they won the division last.

Until we win the NL West, I'll hold off on saying "were better".

vCash
    Until we beat the Giants no the Dodgers arent the best team in the west. Arguably after two titles in the last three years the Giants are the best team in baseball not just the west.

vCash
    defending champs are always the team to beat as long as they keep their team intact.

But the Dodgers are easily nipping the heals of 2nd best in the NL, heck, they were the best until injuries plagued them.

I hate all the $$$ we're spending but hey, nice. I'm sure to see Ryu, from what I've seen he's a gamer.

This is how we do it! I still believe

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast